Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
if the choice comes down to a fit 30 year old vs a busted 32 year old ... i'd take the fit player every time, regardless of how good the busted player used to be
Kelly hasn't really proven he's not busted..

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Imagine saying a few years ago that we should sign Albert Kelly instead of Gareth Widdop 🤣

I'm not saying that's what you're saying we should do.. But it is basically what will happen.

Glad we're on the same page with James.

I'm not a fan of Kelly either tbh.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
I'm not a fan of Kelly either tbh.
I am a fan of his ability.. But.. I don't know why we signed him.. Did anyone recruiting him see that drunken video of him at McDonald's? Hardly the type of player you want to recruit when making a new culture.

If they're both busted, I'm choosing Widdop every day of the week.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Lol they are nothing a like, Tesi is like a sculpture, where Milford is a floppy slim when fit. Tesi is an absolute tank and gym freak
The tank part is what worries me. He seems like a another player that’ll lose some pace as they keep doing weights.

E

Evander

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2021
That's silly, he's not overrated most if not all have only seen him play 2 and a bit games on the wing.

He showed enough in his four games at fullback in the ISC and the centres in MM to be developing him.

People forget how little football these guys have played since 2019.

Cobbo played seven MM games for the Falcons in 2019, nothing in 2020 and then this year has played three NRL games and six ISC games.

16 games since the start of 2019- it's a miracle he got to NRL this season.
What is Cobbos ceiling potential wise?

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
The tank part is what worries me. He seems like a another player that’ll lose some pace as they keep doing weights.
Yeah, I think that happened during this years pre season.. He looks like he has bulked up and has lost some speed and agility.. I hate it when Broncos let this happen..

Ben Barba, Milford and now Niu..

Barba left and was "allowed" to go back to his favourite playing weight and he got back to form for the Sharks and won a comp.

We absolutely ruin some of our smaller players..

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, I think that happened during this years pre season.. He looks like he has bulked up and has lost some speed and agility.. I hate it when Broncos let this happen..

Ben Barba, Milford and now Niu..

Barba left and was "allowed" to go back to his favourite playing weight and he got back to form for the Sharks and won a comp.

We absolutely ruin some of our smaller players..

some positions, like center, require you to bulk up to be a success at NRL level

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
some positions, like center, require you to bulk up to be a success at NRL level

Yeah, I know. Barba and Milford were both beefed up to play 6 (were both known as fast, agile fullbacks). My theory is that Niu was beefed up for centre and now he's playing fullback and needs to trim down.. It's quite annoying/frustrating/crap man management by the club.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, I know. Barba and Milford were both beefed up to play 6 (were both known as fast, agile fullbacks). My theory is that Niu was beefed up for centre and now he's playing fullback and needs to trim down.. It's quite annoying/frustrating/crap man management by the club.

not really we saw (and reportedly still see) Niu as a center so it makes sense to get him physically ready to handle the position.

he's filled in at fullback out of necessity and then was rewarded for his good performances, by continued selection in the position.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
not really we saw (and reportedly still see) Niu as a center so it makes sense to get him physically ready to handle the position.

he's filled in at fullback out of necessity and then was rewarded for his good performances, by continued selection in the position.
We saw him get dropped from centre is what we saw.

I doubt the club is keeping him.

I'd at least be excited for this backline in 2022. Would be good to watch.

1. Selwyn Cobbo
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Brenko Lee
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Kotoni Staggs
7. Adam Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Bish
  • Scdeac
  • Old Mate
  • Mick_Hancock
  • FACTHUNT
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Shane Tronc
  • Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.