Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I don’t know much (or anything really) about soccer, but being in the best 10,000 kids (as you’ve indicated, I honestly don’t know) worldwide must mean you’re better than at least a million others?

Sure, he may not have been then next Messi, but I don’t think we should completely discredit the skills he would have demonstrated to make their development squad.

I mean, at least we know he doesn’t have two left feet like Maranta.
It doesn't really mean you are better than players all around the world. Up until you are signed up into their proper youth system, clubs can only recruit within a certain area dependant on the rating of a clubs academy. Up until about 15 years old, there would be thousands and thousands of kids attached to clubs like United. It's not as big of a deal as people seem to make out. If Herbie was signed up around 16 years old it would have been a much bigger thing.

Football is just massively more popular in the UK. For every kid that plays cricket or union or Rubgy League, there are probably 500-600 who are playing football, if not more. Every other sport in Englsnd is in the vast minority.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
I’m pretty sure as long as Croft is getting selected at 7 for us, no opinion here is a silly one. Can’t get worse than picking Croft at 7. I really wonder why we are bothering.. He is absolutely awful.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
The season is done, could be a chance to show some form and hope another club picks him up
Yeah, I was going to add.. that should be the only reason.. Unfortunately, I don’t know if it would be helping his cause.. He could just be reminding clubs to stay away 😓

On the plus side, I was very impressed with what I saw from Billy Walters when he played in the halves for Tigers this season. He looks sharp.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
The season is done, could be a chance to show some form and hope another club picks him up
And help us out? Unlikely, it really is everyone vs broncos.

fine by me, just gotta be way less shit.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I’m pretty sure as long as Croft is getting selected at 7 for us, no opinion here is a silly one. Can’t get worse than picking Croft at 7. I really wonder why we are bothering.. He is absolutely awful.
Fair enough but I think you could take a look at the last game again. He really wasn't as bad as you think. I thought he had quite a good game. I don't think he let us down and I don't believe he will in this next game.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
That's silly, he's not overrated most if not all have only seen him play 2 and a bit games on the wing.

He showed enough in his four games at fullback in the ISC and the centres in MM to be developing him.

People forget how little football these guys have played since 2019.

Cobbo played seven MM games for the Falcons in 2019, nothing in 2020 and then this year has played three NRL games and six ISC games.

16 games since the start of 2019- it's a miracle he got to NRL this season.
That's kinda my point, he is looked upon as a future superstar and most have seen very little, including myself. He hasn't shown glimpses of being an absolute superstar, even the highlights package someone posted wasn't that great, and it was quite short.

I'm not saying he isn't worth developing, but the fact so many people are convinced he is heir apparent to the #1 is what makes him over-rated, in my eyes.
Whats everyone opinion of potential playing herbi at fullback, with a good pre season for next year.
I think we have seen enough from fullbacks who don't like passing. If we have Staggs at 6, it will be vital we have an actual ball player at 6.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
That's kinda my point, he is looked upon as a future superstar and most have seen very little, including myself. He hasn't shown glimpses of being an absolute superstar, even the highlights package someone posted wasn't that great, and it was quite short.

I'm not saying he isn't worth developing, but the fact so many people are convinced he is heir apparent to the #1 is what makes him over-rated, in my eyes.

I think we have seen enough from fullbacks who don't like passing. If we have Staggs at 6, it will be vital we have an actual ball player at 6.
Any suggestions for the ball playing fullback?

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Not really, especially as I have no idea how much in the cap they have left to throw at a new signing. A club shouldn't be leaving it until now to know who will be playing such an important role.

I'm hoping the club goes with a fill in for next year and throws the book at Ponga or Manu for 2023.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

Not many available. I'd have been looking at Drinkwater for fullback like he was being groomed to play at the Storm. Think he wants to play 6 now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • mrslong
  • Justwin
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • ezpz
  • Skyblues87
  • Jedhead
  • ostin86
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.