Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
8. Carrigan
10. Haas
13. Hetherington
is a great starting middle. Agree we do need one experienced middle forward as well. Have been so impressed with what Hetherington has shown this season and think he’s earned the right to start next season.

Yeah that's a shit idea , will be back where we started in no time
Okay we can just leave him on the bench or out of the 17 entirely until he chooses to leave for a better opportunity.

Don’t worry.. Kev just dropped him from the 17 this week just to piss me off.

“to add some balance” is the funniest line I’ve read this week

0511EF82 177F 4AD8 91C1 5DFAEBD672F2

If this was in any way true and the fans are letting the commentators dictate how they should feel, not a single person on this website would support the Broncos.

You know what the best way to see everything that happens on the field is? Actually going to games. That way you can see what the cameras aren’t showing and you can see everything players do off the ball. How many games have you gone to lately, Huge?
Only a couple mid season games. I was at the broncos grandfinal in 1992. I was an adult of 34 years age and had seen a lot of lives games even then. I've seen a few games live is the point.

You simply don't get the point. It isn't that fans 'allow' commentators to influence them in exactly the same way they don't 'allow' ads to have any effect on them. It still happens. It isn't a consent issue. Whether you agree with me or not is irrelevant. Humans are easily lead and most resent that statement. It hurts and most will claim their thoughts are theirs alone and are pristine, unsullied.

Only a couple mid season games. I was at the broncos grandfinal in 1992. I was an adult of 34 years age and had seen a lot of lives games even then. I've seen a few games live is the point.

You simply don't get the point. It isn't that fans 'allow' commentators to influence them in exactly the same way they don't 'allow' ads to have any effect on them. It still happens. It isn't a consent issue. Whether you agree with me or not is irrelevant. Humans are easily lead and most resent that statement. It hurts and most will claim their thoughts are theirs alone and are pristine, unsullied.
Yeah its basically when someone talks about something you take more notice of it therefore its influencing you

Carrigian is a pre-covid lock. He is a prop now.

He's always been a prop IMO ... it's just that we didn't really have any better options until recently.

plus Seibold likes to have a prop at lock

What makes Hetherington more of a lock than Carrigan? He's doing OK right now, but I wouldn't call him particularly outstanding or anything, and I haven't seen a ball playing game or an offloading game either.

He's always been a prop IMO ... it's just that we didn't really have any better options until recently.

plus Seibold likes to have a prop at lock
All clubs did. I actually won't be shocked if we use Capewell at 13 next year, try to turn him into a Yeo Jnr.

What makes Hetherington more of a lock than Carrigan? He's doing OK right now, but I wouldn't call him particularly outstanding or anything, and I haven't seen a ball playing game or an offloading game either.
Have you seen Carrigan get the ball inside the attacking 20? He is a play killer, ball always dies with him.

A 2 year deal for Matt would be madness. If he came back, it would be a one year deal and not on a big wage. He would be lucky to be in the top 6 or 7 hookers over there and he is miles behind Clark and Even James Roby at 35 years old ( who is kind of like their version of Cam Smith ). If he played consistently better, i'd say he would be a good signing. At the moment, developing Paix alongside an already contracted Turpin is probably the sensible option unless we can get a better player. I dont see Parcell as that player.

He can play like that regardless of what number is on his back. Its up to the rest of the players not to throw him the ball in those situations.
Unless we are inside our own forty I think we ban our forwards getting the ball on the fourth tackle. We do this more than any other team and its a massive pressure release for opposing sides. Hopefully Reynolds goes some way to stopping this

He can play like that regardless of what number is on his back. Its up to the rest of the players not to throw him the ball in those situations.
It looked like they were trying to use him as a ball playing option, or at least hoping for an offload, but the fault definitely isn't on him for being given the ball there you are right about that. Clubs need a ball player at 13, we are no different.

Okay we can just leave him on the bench or out of the 17 entirely until he chooses to leave for a better opportunity.

Don’t worry.. Kev just dropped him from the 17 this week just to piss me off.

“to add some balance” is the funniest line I’ve read this week

View attachment 14593
What like Willison, Kennedy and Robati at one end of the bench and Milford at the other? 🤣

#balance

It looked like they were trying to use him as a ball playing option, or at least hoping for an offload, but the fault definitely isn't on him for being given the ball there you are right about that. Clubs need a ball player at 13, we are no different.
I've got nothing against a ball playing lock, but my point was Hetherington doesn't seem like it either. There's not a whole lot of difference between them except Carrigan seems to have a bigger motor.

Unless we are inside our own forty I think we ban our forwards getting the ball on the fourth tackle. We do this more than any other team and its a massive pressure release for opposing sides. Hopefully Reynolds goes some way to stopping this

If the forwards are getting the ball on the 4th tackle in that way thats down to the chief play maker imo.

Carrigian is a pre-covid lock. He is a prop now.

He's always been a prop. Like i said just before as you mentioned, if a forward is getting the ball in that situation the blame is either on the main playmaker or the hooker. We currently have a bog average hooker and no halves who can steer a team around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Santa
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Manifesto
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Bish
  • Cavalo
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behold
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.