Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
so in addition to Palasia signing a 1 year extension, Jesse Arthars has signed for 2 more years according to Fox Sports, which is good IMO, he's a handy depth player

Ikin said about Palasia:

“Keenan has benefited from some consistent game time in recent months and really started to take his game to the next level,”

I dunno mate, when I was writing this I kinda wanted to detonate the squad and start again. It's probably how Kev is feeling. Who knows what combination of these 30 players could be best. Hard to know who we can recruit without knowing how much salary cap we have to work with.

* = not signed but I would like it if they were

1. Herbie Farnworth
2. Corey Oates
3. Brenko Lee
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Albert Kelly
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Cory Paix
10. Dunamis Lui*
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jordan Riki
13. Patrick Carrigan
17. Thomas Flegler

18. Brendan Piakura
19. Tesi Niu
20. Xavier Willison
21. Keenan Palasia
22. Tyson Gamble
23. Billy Walters
24. Selwyn Cobbo
25. Wiremu Greig*
26. Darryn Schonig*
27. Jordan Grant*
28. Dylan Napa*
29. Linc Port*
30. Michael Purcell*
31. Edene Gebbie*

Just so you know you've got Port who can't make the Tigers team, Purcell who is a month into rehab for his ACL which will be 12 months and couldn't make the Tigers team this year when he was playing and Gebbie who hasn't played football in three years.

Just so you know you've got Port who can't make the Tigers team, Purcell who is a month into rehab for his ACL which will be 12 months and couldn't make the Tigers team this year when he was playing and Gebbie who hasn't played football in three years.
And I bet you all three of them could still run rings around Arthars who we just re-signed. I wrote that 30 within 10 minutes, didn't put much thought into it. Could be better, I agree.

Since my kids were babies I have watched the games with the sound off. Firstly not to disturb a sleeping baby and ruin my night, now I just prefer it. I would love to hear the game sounds and turn the commentary off.
I've been watching games the same way for many years although not for the same reasons. I'm a much better commentator anyway because I actually watch the game.

The number of times a commentator will say ' nameless player with his first touch ' after said player has run on as a replacement and ALREADY had had a hitup that the dummies didn't notice.

What really stood out for me was how easily the fans are manipulated and influenced by the commentary. I think many fans concede control over the entertainment and are simply allowing others to think for them.

If you have commentators with an agenda or are ignorant they sometimes tell people what to think and then magically the next day that opinion suddenly is the fans
opinion, parroted as if it was an original thought.

Willison looks incredible. It’s like getting a second go at developing Haas correctly. I wouldn’t be rushing him into first grade. I think rotating him in and out of the team via the bench while he grows into his body and builds his craft in Q Cup for another year at least and he could be anything.

He also makes Haas’ “keep at all cost” stock decrease.
If he can get rid of that 12 year greek girls moustache I could bear looking at him! Just kidding, he certainly looks like a star of the future.

Carrigan is like a poor mans Corey Parker atm. Works hard, does the 1%'ers but doesn't really bend the line and doesn't possess too much of an offload. Has time on his side but I don't think he's an automatic starter atm.
He reminds me of a young Christian Welch. Not much of an impact player in his early Storm days but came off the bench and did a solid if unspectacular job covering the one percenters - typical young Storm player. He's now developed a genuine props body and toughened up, and with maturity and experience he more than holds his own even at Origin level. His ability to offload adds a lot to his value - he's currently ranked 5th in the NRL and last year he was 3rd. Pretty sure Storm wouldn't swap him for anyone.

I see Patty hopefully developing the same way. Over the next couple of years I think he might turn into a pretty decent prop who will be great for the club on and off the field. Definitely needs to improve his offloads to really add value in the modern game. If I remember correctly Corey Parker became a much better player as he developed a good offload later in his career.

I've been watching games the same way for many years although not for the same reasons. I'm a much better commentator anyway because I actually watch the game.

The number of times a commentator will say ' nameless player with his first touch ' after said player has run on as a replacement and ALREADY had had a hitup that the dummies didn't notice.

What really stood out for me was how easily the fans are manipulated and influenced by the commentary. I think many fans concede control over the entertainment and are simply allowing others to think for them.

If you have commentators with an agenda or are ignorant they sometimes tell people what to think and then magically the next day that opinion suddenly is the fans

This is true however it is a very blanket statement. You imply you are the only one who does this, I haven't watched a game with commentary on in about 2 years because it is too hard to listen to.

Sometimes though, it is possible that commentators and fans might actually think some of the same things too, it isn't necessarily that one always influences the other.

Sometimes when posters criticise the likes of Brodie best-defender-in-the-league Croft, Jamayne would-be-a-gun-five-eighth Isaako and Rhys I-am-Michael-Schumacher Kennedy, they might have legitimate reasons for doing so. Of course it is true they might also be influenced by commentators as well.

Players yet to re-sign

ANY DAY NOW
Albert Kelly
Tesi Niu

DEVELOPMENT
Isaiah Tass

UNLIKELY
Alex Glenn
Ben Te'o
John Asiata
Karmichael Hunt
Richard Kennar

2022 ONLY
Billy Walters
Corey Oates
Cory Paix
David Mead
Ethan Bullemor
Herbie Farnworth
Jake Turpin
Jamayne Isaako
Keenan Palasia
Rhys Kennedy

Players yet to re-sign

Expected
Albert Kelly
Tesi Niu

Development
Isaiah Tass

Unlikely
Alex Glenn
Ben Te'o
John Asiata
Karmichael Hunt
Richard Kennar

2022 only
Billy Walters
Corey Oates
Cory Paix
David Mead
Ethan Bullemor
Herbie Farnworth
Jake Turpin
Jamayne Isaako
Keenan Palasia
Rhys Kennedy
I’m interested to see what happens with Bullemor

I’m interested to see what happens with Bullemor
I'd assume if he has a good pre-season and is a regular inclusion in the 17 in 2022 he will probably be offered another contract, if he is fucked around abit again like this year I'm sure some clubs will be looking at signing him for 2023 Onward (cowboys or Bulldogs for example).

This is true however it is a very blanket statement. You imply you are the only one who does this, I haven't watched a game with commentary on in about 2 years because it is too hard to listen to.

Sometimes though, it is possible that commentators and fans might actually think some of the same things too, it isn't necessarily that one always influences the other.

Sometimes when posters criticise the likes of Brodie best-defender-in-the-league Croft, Jamayne would-be-a-gun-five-eighth Isaako and Rhys I-am-Michael-Schumacher Kennedy, they might have legitimate reasons for doing so. Of course it is true they might also be influenced by commentators as well.
Err, aren't you reading into my post things not said or even remotely implied? My very first line clearly states that I too do as the other poster does, namely watch without sound! In what universe could you draw the conclusion that I alone do this?

I'm unsure of the reason you post this muck about Croft, Isaako and Kennedy when they are not the subject of the discussion.

If this was in any way true and the fans are letting the commentators dictate how they should feel, not a single person on this website would support the Broncos.

You know what the best way to see everything that happens on the field is? Actually going to games. That way you can see what the cameras aren’t showing and you can see everything players do off the ball. How many games have you gone to lately, Huge?

I'd assume if he has a good pre-season and is a regular inclusion in the 17 in 2022 he will probably be offered another contract, if he is fucked around abit again like this year I'm sure some clubs will be looking at signing him for 2023 Onward (cowboys or Bulldogs for example).
Has he been fucked around or has it been part of development.
I'm positive he looks bigger (upper body ) then at the start of the season, just because he's been dropped a few times doesn't mean he's been fucked around.
He's consistently been around the team .

Has he been fucked around or has it been part of development.
I'm positive he looks bigger (upper body ) then at the start of the season, just because he's been dropped a few times doesn't mean he's been fucked around.
He's consistently been around the team .
He seems to be at his best in shorter stints off the bench against tired forwards too. He hasn’t been quite as impressive when playing bigger minutes. A great addition to have off the bench though.

Players yet to re-sign

ANY DAY NOW
Albert Kelly
Tesi Niu

DEVELOPMENT
Isaiah Tass

UNLIKELY
Alex Glenn
Ben Te'o
John Asiata
Karmichael Hunt
Richard Kennar

2022 ONLY
Billy Walters
Corey Oates
Cory Paix
David Mead
Ethan Bullemor
Herbie Farnworth
Jake Turpin
Jamayne Isaako
Keenan Palasia
Rhys Kennedy
I'm really, really happy with how the club has gone about their re-signings since DD came in. No speculation, contracts earned, no panic re-signings or signings, deadlines, not getting held to ransom. Really impressive. For years we have been more worried about losing players just bcos they have some flash, yet it costs us on the field in this salary cap era.
The thing I have been most impressed with though is.... he has released about 7 players, NOT ONE BAD WORD about the club or DD. It's unbelievable tbh. Reporters would be searching for dirt with them and players would be pissed off they were released, yet the bloke must be that smooth an operator he has either put a clause in their contracts or he is just too good a communicator and negotiator. It's actually unbelievable in my opinion...

He seems to be at his best in shorter stints off the bench against tired forwards too. He hasn’t been quite as impressive when playing bigger minutes. A great addition to have off the bench though.
I do think though Bullemor could be worth promoting to the starting side if there is a risk that another club will poach him because they are offering him more money, more minutes and a starting position.

I'd be happy to start him on an edge or at lock if that were the case. He is worth keeping.

Riki, Robati, Hetherington, Haas and Piakura are all wrapped up longish term.

At some point, the club is going to need to make some hard decisions out of who they want to keep from Flegler, Willison, Carrigan, Flegler, Bullemor, plus a few other kids coming through. 10 or 11 don't go into 8 spots moving forward, especially when you need to bring in a mature head or two in the meantime. Would love to keep them all but I think at least one, maybe two will be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • HarryAllan7
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • IceWorks
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • The Don
  • mitch222
  • Midean
  • Scorchie
  • pennywisealfie
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.