Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we go in to next season with Hetherington as our one and only lock, we've got some serious issues.

Firstly, I'd be starting Capewell & Riki on the edges for Round 1 next season unless Piakura absolutely kills it in pre-season & the trials.

In regards to the issue at lock, I think the best course of action is to mould Robati. In his small stints in the NRL & Queensland Cup this season he's shown that he's capable and willing passer / offloader. During his 6 games of Queensland Cup he threw 17 offloads and accumulated 4 linebreak assists & 2 try assists.

Now, I'm not saying he's already an elite ball player or anything of the sort, but I think with a bit of work and a full off-season & pre-season training at lock, he'd be very strong competition for Kobe. It'll also free up some more minutes on the edges for Riki & Piakura, who we should be prioritising in terms of development.
Would agree with this but Hetherington looks like a diamond in the rough imo. Huge future.

He'd be fighting for a bench spot right now. I'm seeing more in Willison.
Carrigan is like a poor mans Corey Parker atm. Works hard, does the 1%'ers but doesn't really bend the line and doesn't possess too much of an offload. Has time on his side but I don't think he's an automatic starter atm.

He'd be fighting for a bench spot right now. I'm seeing more in Willison.
Willison looks incredible. It’s like getting a second go at developing Haas correctly. I wouldn’t be rushing him into first grade. I think rotating him in and out of the team via the bench while he grows into his body and builds his craft in Q Cup for another year at least and he could be anything.

He also makes Haas’ “keep at all cost” stock decrease.

Palasia extends. Not sure of contract particulars. Well deserved!

Attachments

• 046291BE-0679-42CB-A471-2F1F10DE06B5.png
    046291BE-0679-42CB-A471-2F1F10DE06B5.png
    463.9 KB · Views: 87
Willison looks incredible. It’s like getting a second go at developing Haas correctly. I wouldn’t be rushing him into first grade. I think rotating him in and out of the team via the bench while he grows into his body and builds his craft in Q Cup for another year at least and he could be anything.

He also makes Haas’ “keep at all cost” stock decrease.
Looks ready to me. I love that he follows Haas around the field like a puppy, waiting for a ball to pop out. What Turpin should be doing.

The QCup Player I'd be interested in is Luke Polselli at the Sunshine Coast Falcons. He's a fullback who came through the Manly and Cronulla Sharks junior system, has some pace about him and knows how to position himself. If you want the next Nicho Hynes/Jahrome Hughes prospect, he's it and actually has a similar pedigree as he's played some five-eighth as well.

I think he had some injury set-backs this year, but has otherwise been in fine touch. I haven't heard about any NRL interest but again it would not shock me to see him offered a train and trial deal from Melbourne and to slot right in.

100% agree.

Catching up on some games from last week- Luke Polselli was great for his second ISC game and debut for the Falcons.

He was at the Sharks and played for Newtown, then went to the Cutters for 2020 and Falcons this year.

3 tries
3 line breaks
2 games
283m across his two games.

He is fast- He came in on really short notice on Saturday too- Storm guys flew in then withdrew so he got the phone call in the morning.

Looks ready to me. I love that he follows Haas around the field like a puppy, waiting for a ball to pop out. What Turpin should be doing.

He looks amazing and has fit in straight away, that said it is two games and two games is different to a full season at his age. He’ll have ebbs and flows, won’t be ready to start for at least a season or two.

He's been solid just goes about his work and can put a shot on too, Surely bulks up over the off season and converts to the middle rotation (obviously played there this year but is a natural second rower).

Chris Garry reporting on 7 that we’re looking at Manu for ‘23 and also, Matt Parcell is looking to return home.

Shocking news.

Great signing, great bloke.

Kurt is a great trainer, and Penrith credit him with turning around players work ethic. He isn't pampered; he got his shot late in his 'football life' and had to have two goes at ISC- ended on 53 games and 28 NYC games- so isn't part of the childhood prodigy generation.

Our kick offs will improve too. I hope Kevvie lets him take them because he's a great kicker of the ball.

Training will improve. Attitude will improve and football sense will improve- Kurt made his ISC debut on the wing at 18- never played wing before and scored two tries. Ben and Shane sold it to him all week.

Ben and Shane make their first signing through Ikin. Matty Parcell next?

I think if we go in to next season with Hetherington as our one and only lock, we've got some serious issues.

Firstly, I'd be starting Capewell & Riki on the edges for Round 1 next season unless Piakura absolutely kills it in pre-season & the trials.

In regards to the issue at lock, I think the best course of action is to mould Robati. In his small stints in the NRL & Queensland Cup this season he's shown that he's capable and willing passer / offloader. During his 6 games of Queensland Cup he threw 17 offloads and accumulated 4 linebreak assists & 2 try assists.

Now, I'm not saying he's already an elite ball player or anything of the sort, but I think with a bit of work and a full off-season & pre-season training at lock, he'd be very strong competition for Kobe. It'll also free up some more minutes on the edges for Riki & Piakura, who we should be prioritising in terms of development.
I like the thought of Robati becoming our lock.. Maybe from the bench at first though. Can replace Hetherington during the game and add a lot of impact

Yeah I'm glad we have kept him. He's good and will get better.

I just saw that we have given Arthars a two year extension.. That's not great.. We could have given the spot in the squad to someone else I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.