Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riki, Robati, Hetherington, Haas and Piakura are all wrapped up longish term.

At some point, the club is going to need to make some hard decisions out of who they want to keep from Flegler, Willison, Carrigan, Flegler, Bullemor, plus a few other kids coming through. 10 or 11 don't go into 8 spots moving forward, especially when you need to bring in a mature head or two in the meantime. Would love to keep them all but I think at least one, maybe two will be lost.
I think Carrigan is the easiest to let go. I'd also rather keep Willison ahead of Flegler.

Long term pack

8. Payne Haas
10. Xavier Willison
11. Brendan Piakura
12. Jordan Riki / TC Robati
13. Ethan Bullemor

Maybe but he is probably the most mature and 'ready' of the lot too.
Ready to do what though? He has a low ceiling of potential.

If he's "ready" to just make tackles then it's not worth losing some special talent over and he is easily replaceable

I think Carrigan is the easiest to let go. I'd also rather keep Willison ahead of Flegler.

Long term pack

8. Payne Haas
10. Xavier Willison
11. Brendan Piakura
12. Jordan Riki / TC Robati
13. Ethan Bullemor
Surely Hetherington has to be there somewhere?

Riki, Robati, Hetherington, Haas and Piakura are all wrapped up longish term.

At some point, the club is going to need to make some hard decisions out of who they want to keep from Flegler, Willison, Carrigan, Flegler, Bullemor, plus a few other kids coming through. 10 or 11 don't go into 8 spots moving forward, especially when you need to bring in a mature head or two in the meantime. Would love to keep them all but I think at least one, maybe two will be lost.
You seem to really want to keep Flegler lol

Yeah I really don't see losing Carrigan or Flegler as big losses.

Losing Jai Arrow and Lindsay Collins was worse.

I like Carrigan - think he'd make a good clubman and was a little worried that we'd go further downhill after he did his ACL.

However.... the guys that stepped up and had to replace him - they are showing more with less time in the game. I'd pick Carrigan over Flegler any day of the week though. I have no clue what anyone sees in Flegler - he's easily the worst forward we have, including all of the development players in that comparison.

Yes I do but not sure how you got that from my post? I think Flegler has one of the biggest upsides out of all of them but he likely needs more time than some of them as well. I am aware that probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me. At the end of the day, you could make cases for any of them and they'd be hard to argue. It is a more pleasant situation than having no one to choose from. It is also a reason why I am not as hellbent on keeping Haas as many others might be. I just don't think any prop is worth a million dollars and especially not when you have as good a group as we have coming through.

But yeah, I don't know who will be the odd one out, glad I don't have to make the choice.

Yes I do but not sure how you got that from my post? I think Flegler has one of the biggest upsides out of all of them but he likely needs more time than some of them as well. I am aware that probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me. At the end of the day, you could make cases for any of them and they'd be hard to argue. It is a more pleasant situation than having no one to choose from. It is also a reason why I am not as hellbent on keeping Haas as many others might be. I just don't think any prop is worth a million dollars and especially not when you have as good a group as we have coming through.

But yeah, I don't know who will be the odd one out, glad I don't have to make the choice.

9bd76702c805ca03848e0a6b21f15fc5

he got that because in your list, you named Flegler twice ... unless there is another Flegler at the club we don't know about, lol

I think Carrigan is the easiest to let go

you know, you should try watching full games of rugby league instead of just youtube highlights ... because Carrigan is far better that 95% of the forwards you suggest we sign.

not to mention that Willison is nowhere near ready to start yet.

this could be up there with the best prop rotations in the league.

8. Carrigan
10. Haas

15. Flegler
16. Willison
17 Experienced prop recruit (Napa?)

with Willison i wouldn't be playing him for the full season in the top grade ... I'd be playing him off the bench for a few weeks, then send him back the ISC to work on his game without the pressure of the NRL world watching his every move ... then bring him back for another stint

IMO, 2023, should be the year we really unleash him

you know, you should try watching full games of rugby league instead of just youtube highlights ... because Carrigan is far better that 95% of the forwards you suggest we sign.

not to mention that Willison is nowhere near ready to start yet.

this could be up there with the best prop rotations in the league.

8. Carrigan
10. Haas

15. Flegler
16. Willison
17 Experienced prop recruit (Napa?)

with Willison i wouldn't be playing him for the full season in the top grade ... I'd be playing him off the bench for a few weeks, then send him back the ISC to work on his game without the pressure of the NRL world watching his every move ... then bring him back for another stint

IMO, 2023, should be the year we really unleash him

Carrigan was a little down to start this season compared to 2020, but yeah, totally agree. He's only 23.

Carrigan & Haas are our starting props moving forward.

My bad. I was doing a Badel and not understanding what I myself write.
Okay smartarse, when I said MOST journalists don't understand what they're writing about, that wasn't aimed at Badel or anyone whose entire job is covering one sporting team, except maybe Travis Meyn, who I suspect knows nothing about rugby league. Do you really want to start this wankfest up again?

Some of you have very short memories with Pat. He carried this pack at times last year especially after Haas got injured. And for all the raving about stats some of you go on about, he only averaged 19 meters a game less than Haas, who is a better athlete and a lot bigger physically.

His biggest problem for me is he took on too much responsibility and tried to do to much, on top of coaches running both him and Payne into the ground.

I do think though Bullemor could be worth promoting to the starting side if there is a risk that another club will poach him because they are offering him more money, more minutes and a starting position.

I'd be happy to start him on an edge or at lock if that were the case. He is worth keeping.
Yeah that's a shit idea , will be back where we started in no time

Okay smartarse, when I said MOST journalists don't understand what they're writing about, that wasn't aimed at Badel or anyone whose entire job is covering one sporting team, except maybe Travis Meyn, who I suspect knows nothing about rugby league. Do you really want to start this wankfest up again?

No, no I don't. Come on man, you gotta admit, it was a pretty funny way for me to admit I stuffed up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • RodF
  • Fatboy
  • bb_gun
  • MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • BroncoFan94
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • theshed
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Fozz
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.