Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, is that what it said in the video above? Wasn’t sure if he meant Parcell wants to come home for 2022 or 2023
He just re-signed a deal for next year but even if he breaks that we would then have Turpin, Paix, and Walters as hooking options, no need to add more mediocrity to that hooker depth.

No mate, sometimes the world isn’t as black and white as everyone would like it to be.. so yeah my opinions might frustrate people..
I think I just fundamentally disagree with your suggestions or reasoning about Napa and to a lesser extent Parcell. But hey that's what a forum is for. Some may argue the frequency or manner by which someone puts forward or defends a point of view amount to trolling. I guess its a question of threshold.

He just re-signed a deal for next year but even if he breaks that we would then have Turpin, Paix, and Walters as hooking options, no need to add more mediocrity to that hooker depth.
Walters could also be seen as halves depth. Who knows maybe Turpin goes to super league. I don’t know.

Maybe Gold Coast is as good as home for Parcell? That could be more likely

I think I just fundamentally disagree with your suggestions or reasoning about Napa and to a lesser extent Parcell. But hey that's what a forum is for. Some may argue the frequency or manner by which someone puts forward or defends a point of view amount to trolling. I guess its a question of threshold.
Threshold is just a matter of perception. Something crazy to someone may be entirely sane to someone else. An example of that could be crypto currencies or maybe the value of art. I’m not the one that gets personal with people here so I’m fine just ignoring that stuff for the most part.

This is not a shot, but if you like the discussion that the, let’s call them left field suggestions, ignite; isn’t people disagreeing with these suggestions also part of the discussion?

And I could certainly be wrong, but I do get the feeling there is perhaps a little part of @upthebroncs that enjoys ruffling some feathers with his suggestions, which is part of why he does it.
mate even if it was a shot it's all good. you're absolutely right that disagreement is part of it, but i wonder how much of it is because of the poster than the suggestion.

if big pete suggested some of these players, i'd hazard a guess more people would be on board because they respect his view more than @upthebroncs, but I've been around long enough to know that even he gets it wrong at times. which is normal, no one is perfect, otherwise they'd be the most dominant coach in football history. IMO, it boils down to more than just the suggestion but where it's coming from.

If UTB limited which players to focus on and actually put forward a reasonable case beyond video clips, he'd actually generate discussion.

At the moment all he generates is ridicule.

he does put out a lot of suggestions that even I have ridiculed before, so I'm aware of the irony, but apart from people like yourself, wolfie, 1910, peter09 and maybe a couple of others I'm missing, I doubt many posters watch multiple Q Cup, SL and NRL games on a weekly basis, so most of the time all we rely on is isolated moments in a game or youtube clips. apart from the superstars, everyone notices them.

Threshold is just a matter of perception. Something crazy to someone may be entirely sane to someone else. An example of that could be crypto currencies or maybe the value of art. I’m not the one that gets personal with people here so I’m fine just ignoring that stuff for the most part.
Agree completely. If people are willing to put there view forward politely and debate it fairly no issue from me.

Tell me how a 2 year deal for Matt Parcell would hinder the clubs rebuild?

A 2 year deal for Matt would be madness. If he came back, it would be a one year deal and not on a big wage. He would be lucky to be in the top 6 or 7 hookers over there and he is miles behind Clark and Even James Roby at 35 years old ( who is kind of like their version of Cam Smith ). If he played consistently better, i'd say he would be a good signing. At the moment, developing Paix alongside an already contracted Turpin is probably the sensible option unless we can get a better player. I dont see Parcell as that player.

mate even if it was a shot it's all good. you're absolutely right that disagreement is part of it, but i wonder how much of it is because of the poster than the suggestion.

if big pete suggested some of these players, i'd hazard a guess more people would be on board because they respect his view more than @upthebroncs, but I've been around long enough to know that even he gets it wrong at times. which is normal, no one is perfect, otherwise they'd be the most dominant coach in football history. IMO, it boils down to more than just the suggestion but where it's coming from.

he does put out a lot of suggestions that even I have ridiculed before, so I'm aware of the irony, but apart from people like yourself, wolfie, 1910, peter09 and maybe a couple of others I'm missing, I doubt many posters watch multiple Q Cup, SL and NRL games on a weekly basis, so most of the time all we rely on is isolated moments in a game or youtube clips. apart from the superstars, everyone notices them.

I watch probably more Superleague than NRL these days.

I think the other thing is forums are very in the moment and hypothetical. Nobody really tracks back about what people said and whether it ages well or talks from a position of knowledge. We all speculate to some extent.

Also, I think some of my live game posts are certainly more extreme and less well thought out too.

I think the other thing is forums are very in the moment and hypothetical. Nobody really tracks back about what people said and whether it ages well or talks from a position of knowledge. We all speculate to some extent.

Also, I think some of my live game posts are certainly more extreme and less well thought out too.

I actually know a poster who likes posting old posts of things he got right. Guess who 😂

Seriously, outside of the Broncos I try to watch as little NRL as possible.

I just find it infuriating. Even the commentary is far too often no more than mindless drawl.

Even though its a lower standard, i just find superleague more entertaining. I try not to watch NRL games, but then i end up doing it anyway!

Alright, I'll bring it up if no one else well.

Things appear to be pretty strained between Gutherson and the Eels at the moment, presumably because Gutherson thinks he's got Parra boxed in and is demanding overs.

Should we table an offer? We could play both sides to get him on a more realistic amount if we were smart about it. Apparently him and his managament stuck their noses up at 750k, which seems like a suitable enough amount for him to me. Maybe we could land him for something in that vicinity but with more years attached, and the prospect of playing with Haas, Reynolds and Capewell as a sweetener.

On the other side of the coin, he seems like the exact sort of egotistical cockhead that thinks too much of himself that we need the least around the playing group right now, but if the choice is between him and Niu at fullback, I know which way I would be leaning.
Gutho isn't worth 750k. If we are going to offer such a huge contract, I'd rather give Manu 900k.
Matt Parcell.. Yes please.. The only reason I stopped mentioning his name was because someone here said he re-signed in Super League.

Parcell is definitely no marque hooker. He’s almost in the same category as Turpin or Paix. He’d be a decent min wage depth option but you’d still be looking a getting a starter.

I strongly disagree. He’d be so much better than Turpin or Paix.
I was a big fan of Parcell before he left, really hoped he stayed. But....He has been in reserve grade in England, which isn't a great sign. I'd be happy to get him back on a min wage 1 year deak, at his best he's an elite #14 in the current game style.

Seriously, outside of the Broncos I try to watch as little NRL as possible.

I just find it infuriating. Even the commentary is far too often no more than mindless drawl.
if cooper 'loves the sound of his own voice' cronk is commentating i'm listening to ch9.

You wouldn’t want Paix or Turpin as first choice either but that’s the situation we’re looking at going into 2022. I really would enjoy Matt Parcell starting at 9 for us.
I think unless we sign Smith who I would look to focus on when he becomes available we have to settle for a hooker rotation and a plan to share the role. I guess we work out which two between Walters, Paix, Turpin and Levi make the best combo and who is backup or let go.

We all know live game thread posts don’t count.

Even though its a lower standard, i just find superleague more entertaining. I try not to watch NRL games, but then i end up doing it anyway!
The women’s game is great to watch too. It’s more like how league used to be, where the better footy team won.

The NRL is more about who can control the ruck and speed of the game the best. Oh, and manipulate the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Matheos
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.