Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The women’s game is great to watch too. It’s more like how league used to be, where the better footy team won.

The NRL is more about who can control the ruck and speed of the game the best. Oh, and manipulate the rules.
I have hated watching neutral games since the rule changes. As sad as this statement is I find I limit my viewing to Broncos games. The women's game has a purity to it that is great.

if cooper 'loves the sound of his own voice' cronk is commentating i'm listening to ch9.

The only league games I watch now when the Broncos aren't playing is Q Cup. I can't stand NRL games and cannot stand any of their commentators at all, regardless of the channel.

One has Dan I-want-to-be-important Ginnane, Cooper Nails-On-A-Chalkboard Cronk and Steve Sounds-like-a-little-girl Roach, the other has Phil I-speak-constant-rubbish-but-somehow-get-it-right-once-a-year-and-milk-it-for-it-is-worth Gould, Andrew I-have-nothing-to-add Johns and Darren I'm-so-out-of-touch Lockyer. No thanks.

The only league games I watch now when the Broncos aren't playing is Q Cup. I can't stand NRL games and cannot stand any of their commentators at all, regardless of the channel.

One has Dan I-want-to-be-important Ginnane, Cooper Nails-On-A-Chalkboard Cronk and Steve Sounds-like-a-little-girl Roach, the other has Phil I-speak-constant-rubbish-but-somehow-get-it-right-once-a-year-and-milk-it-for-it-is-worth Gould, Andrew I-have-nothing-to-add Johns and Darren I'm-so-out-of-touch Lockyer. No thanks.
Since my kids were babies I have watched the games with the sound off. Firstly not to disturb a sleeping baby and ruin my night, now I just prefer it. I would love to hear the game sounds and turn the commentary off.

Since my kids were babies I have watched the games with the sound off. Firstly not to disturb a sleeping baby and ruin my night, now I just prefer it. I would love to hear the game sounds and turn the commentary off.

It worked wonders for the Olympics. That Kiwi commentator ruined everything and was constantly saying wrong things.

My personal favourite of his many mistakes was where he was waxing lyrical about a female Chinese cyclist who was setting such a great precedent in her home country while on the screen it was clearly a cyclist from Greece. He didn't realise his mistake for about two minutes and then blamed it on a 'tichnuckle era'.

I muted most sports after that.

what bout michael 'tries to make a big moment of every tackle' ennis?

Very happy about the Parcell news! He would be a fantastic signing under the new rules.

Plays like Damien Cook with taking his moments from dummy half.. good for Reyno.

Apparently he didn't get along with the guys at Red Hill when he was here last, but he's clearly been having a good couple seasons over in SL.

Would be happy with him and Levi. Jake for all the good he showed, has become Macca.

Apparently an nrl club is going after Will Pryce from the super league. I haven’t seen him play but apparently he is a 6.

Apparently an nrl club is going after Will Pryce from the super league. I haven’t seen him play but apparently he is a 6.

I'm sure @upthebroncs can help you out with a highlights package he's found on youtube, just give him a minute ...

BTW, the rumour is an NRL "HEAVYWEIGHT" is interested

Very happy about the Parcell news! He would be a fantastic signing under the new rules.

Plays like Damien Cook with taking his moments from dummy half.. good for Reyno.

Apparently he didn't get along with the guys at Red Hill when he was here last, but he's clearly been having a good couple seasons over in SL.

Would be happy with him and Levi. Jake for all the good he showed, has become Macca.
Nope, he certainly does not. He was a very quick hooker but lacks every other thing Cook has going for him. Taking his moments is not a strength of his as he would often choose all moments to run. Can't pass or kick well either. His Super League highlights (Note: not Youtube highlight videos), consist of him barging over piss poor defense to score from two metres out or backing up a player who made a line break through that same piss poor, lazy defense.

In saying that, I'd let him take Levi's spot if he's already signed elsewhere and we aren't dead set on signing Billy Walters.

No mate, sometimes the world isn’t as black and white as everyone would like it to be.. so yeah my opinions might frustrate people..
Sorry I couldn't resist - I don't think you're a troll.

Your opinions don't frustrate me, I just think you're capable of making stronger arguments.
he does put out a lot of suggestions that even I have ridiculed before, so I'm aware of the irony, but apart from people like yourself, wolfie, 1910, peter09 and maybe a couple of others I'm missing, I doubt many posters watch multiple Q Cup, SL and NRL games on a weekly basis, so most of the time all we rely on is isolated moments in a game or youtube clips. apart from the superstars, everyone notices them.
The issue is that anyone with a cursory knowledge of ISC can tell a lot of these names have been recycled over the years and they haven't been keeping up with these players for sometime. So a lot of misinformation is being spread and it leads to pages of drivel.

Long post ahead...

1 Jesse Arthars (Unsigned, rumoured to re-sign though)
2 Ethan Bullemore
3 Pat Carrigan
4 Kurt Capewell
5 Selwyn Cobbo
6 Albert Kelly (Rumoured to re-sign)
7 Herbie Farnworth
8 Tom Flegler
9 Tyson Gamble
10 Corey Jensen
11 Payne Haas
12 Jamayne Isaako (Might go to Tigers?)
13 Richie Kennar
14 Rhys Kennedy
15 Kobe Hetherington
16 Brenko Lee
17 Tesi Niu (Unsigned)
18 Corey Oates
19 Cory Paix
20 Keenan Palasia (Unsigned)
21 TC Robati
22 Jordan Riki
23 Kotoni Staggs
24 Jake Turpin
25 Xavier Willison
26 Adam Reynolds
27 David Mead
28 Brendan Piakura

1 Jotham Russell
2 Logan Bayliss-Brow
3 Ezra Mam
4 Xavier Va'a
5 Blake Mozer

This is our current squad if Asiata, Glenn, Te'o and Levi aren't re-signed.

Obviously Billy Walters is coming and possibly Pereira. I would be re-signing Arthars, possibly Niu depending on what he wants and definitely Kelly. Palasia can go and I'd be offering Isaako and Kennar to literally anyone who would take them, but I doubt anyone would take Kennar. We realistically have one more spot left to fill

1 Jesse Arthars
2 Ethan Bullemore
3 Pat Carrigan
4 Kurt Capewell
5 Selwyn Cobbo
6 Albert Kelly
7 Herbie Farnworth
8 Tom Flegler
9 Tyson Gamble
10 Corey Jensen
11 Payne Haas
12 Jamayne Isaako
13 Richie Kennar
14 Rhys Kennedy
15 Kobe Hetherington
16 Brenko Lee
17 Tesi Niu
18 Corey Oates
19 Cory Paix
20 Jordan Pereira
21 TC Robati
22 Jordan Riki
23 Kotoni Staggs
24 Jake Turpin
25 Xavier Willison
26 Adam Reynolds
27 David Mead
28 Brendan Piakura
29 Billy Walters

Fullback- Tesi Niu, Selwyn Cobbo,
Wing- Herbie Farnworth, Corey Oates, Jamayne Isaako, David Mead, Richie Kennar,
Centre- Kotoni Staggs, Brenko Lee, Jesse Arthars
Five-eighth- Tyson Gamble,
Halfback- Adam Reynolds, Albert Kelly,
Prop- Payne Haas, Ethan Bullemore, Pat Carrigan, Rhys Kennedy, Tom Flegler, Xavier Willison, Corey Jensen,
Hooker- Jake Turpin, Cory Paix, Billy Walters,
Second Row-Kurt Capewell, TC Robati, Jordan Riki, Brendan Piakura, Keenan Palasia,
Lock- Kobe Hetherington

We are lucky to have many players who can play numerous positions as well, meaning our backline and half stocks aren't as low as they seem. So I'd say our last spot should be an attempt to cover a position we are weak in. Hooker or fullback. We already have too many hookers and there's no fullbacks worth a damn off contract. I still like the idea of Herbie at fullback if he can learn to pass, but I guess we have plenty of options there. I'd like to improve our hooker spot the most, preferably by not signing Walters to a top 30 deal (We really need to utilise these smartly) and getting someone like Josh Hodgson in.

1 Selwyn Cobbo/Tesi Niu
2 Corey Oates
3 Kotoni Staggs
4 Brenko Lee
5 Herbie Farnworth
6 Tyson Gamble
7 Adam Reynolds (c) (gk)
8 Payne Haas
9 Josh Hodgson (vc)
10 Pat Carrigan
11 Kurt Capewell
12 TC Robati
13 Kobe Hetherington

14 Jordan Riki
15 Ethan Bullemore
16 Rhys Kennedy/Tom Flegler
17 Brendan Piakura

I think if we go in to next season with Hetherington as our one and only lock, we've got some serious issues.

Firstly, I'd be starting Capewell & Riki on the edges for Round 1 next season unless Piakura absolutely kills it in pre-season & the trials.

In regards to the issue at lock, I think the best course of action is to mould Robati. In his small stints in the NRL & Queensland Cup this season he's shown that he's capable and willing passer / offloader. During his 6 games of Queensland Cup he threw 17 offloads and accumulated 4 linebreak assists & 2 try assists.

Now, I'm not saying he's already an elite ball player or anything of the sort, but I think with a bit of work and a full off-season & pre-season training at lock, he'd be very strong competition for Kobe. It'll also free up some more minutes on the edges for Riki & Piakura, who we should be prioritising in terms of development.

Can someone please put my mind at ease and confirm Glenn doesn’t have a contract with us next year?

He must be in denial if he thinks we’ll offer him another contract.
No, but he's had a testimonial before the season even started. If that wasn't hint enough.

I think if we go in to next season with Hetherington as our one and only lock, we've got some serious issues.

Firstly, I'd be starting Capewell & Riki on the edges for Round 1 next season unless Piakura absolutely kills it in pre-season & the trials.

In regards to the issue at lock, I think the best course of action is to mould Robati. In his small stints in the NRL & Queensland Cup this season he's shown that he's capable and willing passer / offloader. During his 6 games of Queensland Cup he threw 17 offloads and accumulated 4 linebreak assists & 2 try assists.

Now, I'm not saying he's already an elite ball player or anything of the sort, but I think with a bit of work and a full off-season & pre-season training at lock, he'd be very strong competition for Kobe. It'll also free up some more minutes on the edges for Riki & Piakura, who we should be prioritising in terms of development.

Our current locks are Carrigan, Hetherington, Flegler, Robati and Palasia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mighty Bronx
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  • Spike
  • Rowdy124
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.