Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don’t reckon the Titans have anyone that they can give away that the storm would want... I just don’t see it happening

I have a feeling Bellamy could make something of Ash Taylor.

Certainly seems Asiata and B.Smith are the two being looked at by the sounds of that interview.

For my money, i feel he is a poor mans Shannon Walker ( now there's a bloke who would probably have a spectacular highlight reel on Youtube ). I hope he proves me wrong as i do rate him as a player. I dont see Gebbie on the wing though.
Did you see his debut for Souths on the wing? Scored a try and set up another. He's only 25 years old and from what I've seen of him, he's better than Shannon Walker.

I am happy for Oates to be given a decent shot at second row. He’s finished as a winger and deserves a go.

I agree. I actually think he could become a really good second-rower, I'm happy to give him a season or two to see as that kind of speed, ranginess and power is rare. It is up to him to show he wants it now.

Last edited:
I have a feeling Bellamy could make something of Ash Taylor.
He'd have to come cheap for Bellamy to bother. I see Bellamy going for Tanah Boyd before Ash Taylor.

Last edited:
Melbourne is not going to entertain a swap of B.Smith for T.Boyd, they aren't the Broncos, they are a very well run club.
Oh woops, didnt know that was what we were talking about. I was talking about in general he'd sign Boyd before Taylor. Though I don't think he would swap B Smith for Ash Taylor either I reckon. If/when they lose Hughes.. This would still be a very handy spine.

1. Papenhuyzen
6. Munster
7. Boyd
9. Grant

Last edited:
Was there anything to the Lodge -> elsewhere rumours?

Did you see his debut for Souths on the wing? Scored a try and set up another. He's only 25 years old and from what I've seen of him, he's better than Shannon Walker.

Gebbie hasnt played a single game of NRL for anyone so i'm not sure what you are referring to. He played in the nines, but you simply cant compare that concept with playing wing in the NRL.

Walker for me was miles better than Gebbie. He could do everything Gebbie does and he was doing it at 18 years old. His year in 2006 was as good as anything i've seen in ISC. Not sure why it never worked for him at the Titans, but i dont think Gebbie has anything in his arsenal to make him a better player than Walker.

Melbourne is not going to entertain a swap of B.Smith for T.Boyd, they aren't the Broncos, they are a very well run club.

Not a chance. Boyd isnt that good. If Boyd and Taylor played to their best, its a no contest, Ash is a better 7.

Gebbie hasnt played a single game of NRL for anyone so i'm not sure what you are referring to. He played in the nines, but you simply cant compare that concept with playing wing in the NRL.

Walker for me was miles better than Gebbie. He could do everything Gebbie does and he was doing it at 18 years old. His year in 2006 was as good as anything i've seen in ISC. Not sure why it never worked for him at the Titans, but i dont think Gebbie has anything in his arsenal to make him a better player than Walker.
Must have been nines then. I'd love him to get to his potential in NRL, that's all. I wanted Walker to get there too. Sometimes it just doesn't happen. Personally I think Gebbie may have more of an explosive/powerful running game than Walker had.

If guys like Edrick and Brenko Lee can be winning Origin series for QLD in 2020.. Anything is possible when it comes to player development..

Last edited:
Not a chance. Boyd isnt that good. If Boyd and Taylor played to their best, its a no contest, Ash is a better 7.
Do you think it would be possible to offer 2 players for 1?

Must have been nines then. I'd love him to get to his potential in NRL, that's all. I wanted Walker to get there too. Sometimes it just doesn't happen. Personally I think Gebbie may have more of an explosive/powerful running game than Walker had.

If guys like Edrick and Brenko Lee can be winning Origin series for QLD in 2020.. Anything is possible when it comes to player development..

He may have been a little more powerful physically, after all, he was probably 4 or 5 years older than Walker when he had his breakout year for Wynnum. He certainly wasnt as quick as Walker, and i wouldnt say he was more explosive either. Walker had far better footwork as well than Gebbie. I can still remember the little bastard scoring against Redcliffe in the Grand final.

He may have been a little more powerful physically, after all, he was probably 4 or 5 years older than Walker when he had his breakout year for Wynnum. He certainly wasnt as quick as Walker, and i wouldnt say he was more explosive either. Walker had far better footwork as well than Gebbie. I can still remember the little bastard scoring against Redcliffe in the Grand final.
Was at Redcliffe where he stole the ball, turned and ran the length for a try. I was at a game where he did that, and his speed was something else. The only other person I could compare live was Benji Marshall in 2008 for NZ.

Last edited:
Do you think it would be possible to offer 2 players for 1?

You mean Taylor AND Boyd for Smith? That sounds like something the Broncos would do. Hey Melbourne, we'll give you Milf AND Dearden for B.Smith.

Was at Redcliffe where he stole the ball, turned and ran the length for a try. I was at a game where he did that, and his speed was something else.

You planning on supporting Redcliffe in the coming years? They will likely be the better Brisbane team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Manifesto
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Bish
  • Cavalo
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.