Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't look like we are getting Paul Turner as he has been named on an extended bench for the Warriors. Did we really give them Walsh this year with nothing in return?

Badel said Turner was coming to us due to an immediate release. This probably confirms it's not happening.

Him, or his manager? I must admit I follow the fella on instagram and my lord does he rate himself. Almost like no one has shown him all of his missed tackles...

I just feel this kid could really fucking kill it if he humbled himself a bit. At least from what I can tell Fifita didn’t try and go out of his way to flog his price up, Titans where just irresponsible.

I'd say its probably both of them. He does have a very high opinion of himself and i reckon he was expecting to be getting $800 or $900k a year if he got clubs into a bidding war. If we held our nerve a bit, i reckon he would be re-signing here for about $500k a year.

Doesn't look like we are getting Paul Turner as he has been named on an extended bench for the Warriors. Did we really give them Walsh this year with nothing in return?

Badel said Turner was coming to us due to an immediate release. This probably confirms it's not happening.
Walsh can’t play til round 11, Kevvie confirmed. So Turner may not come til then either?

I'd say its probably both of them. He does have a very high opinion of himself and i reckon he was expecting to be getting $800 or $900k a year if he got clubs into a bidding war. If we held our nerve a bit, i reckon he would be re-signing here for about $500k a year.
What have you heard as far as what we’re about to be paying him?

What have you heard as far as what we’re about to be paying him?

Bear in mind its just probably hearsay, but i heard last week i think it was we offered him a 4 year deal at $2.4 million. Press are reporting it at $2.8 million.

For those questioning Paul Turner coming here whilst I am starting to get worried that the deal has fallen through I have asked someone who is in contact with some journalists and negotiations are still continuing... also I think it’s worth noting that for these blokes this is a small story especially from the broncos stand point where Reece Walsh has already signed with them and it’s a matter of when and for who now

Giving him away because we can is what the Broncs are good at. Being abjectly wrong is what Badel is good at.

So all things considered, I am guessing Walsh is going to the Warriors, we are paying for him next year and getting Nathan Brown back as coach.

I’m ok with $600 and if the press are saying 2.8 then it’s probably 600 as they always overstate our contracts.

I hope..
Not always. Whenever a player leaves it turns out they were on massive unders and only free up six dollars and a half-eaten pie.

Kevvie on the possibility of releasing Dearden to the Cowboys

“Tom is under contract to us this year so we won’t be releasing him,” Walters said.

“Even if Tom did want to leave, which I‘m confident is not the case, the fact is he is contracted to us so that (releasing him to the Cowboys) won’t be happening.”

Giving him away because we can is what the Broncs are good at. Being abjectly wrong is what Badel is good at.

So all things considered, I am guessing Walsh is going to the Warriors, we are paying for him next year and getting Nathan Brown back as coach.
I actually lol'd at this, thank you, it has been yet another shit day today.

Not always. Whenever a player leaves it turns out they were on massive unders and only free up six dollars and a half-eaten pie.
If it is the Roosrers, only the half-eaten pie.

Hilarious that they want Dearden but not Milford

What i have found really frustrating is all this speculation regarding our players that are off contract, but sam walker is off contract and there hasnt been barely a peep of it. So again the roosters will resign him on unders.

I mean us, the tigers, cowboys or titans could at least make offers to increase what the rooster have to pay him to place a little strain on their cap (similar to what every other fuckung team has been doing to us).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • HVbronco
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • kman
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Porthoz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Old Mate
  • broncos4life
  • Spoon
  • Culhwch
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Yem
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Wendall Taylor
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
... and 74 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.