Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dobbo just told Wally on Nine we're chasing Reynolds

Apparently the club is meeting with ayoub this week to clarify where they sit with Dearden - who is yet to receive an offer from the club.

Badel is reporting the Broncos are chasing Reynolds and pissing Dearden about.

Tom's manager
Sam Ayoub:

“We haven’t received an offer yet from the Broncos so we’d like an indication of where we stand with them. Tom is one of the most talented young playmakers in the game and I can assure you there is no shortage of interest in him."

“Tom has a number of offers to consider. The Cowboys have been very persistent with their interest in him, so the ball is now in Brisbane’s court and we’d like a reasonable determination from them on his future.”

Walters says the two aren't mutually exclusive - Reynolds would act as mentor:

“I am confident we will keep Tom and our off-contract players, we’re not there yet but we will get there. We will be discussing Tom’s situation in the next few days. I’ve got a game to focus on this week but Tom is a talented player, no doubt."

“Adam Reynolds is a good player and there is some interest in him, but we need to tie up Kotoni Staggs first and if and when we do that, we will look at our other scrumbase options.”

Tom's buddy Ethan Bullemor:

“Tom is a really class player and he will keep developing and be a great halfback. All of us would love to have him here, he is a good friend of mine, I came through playing my junior footy with him, so it’s good to be out there with him."

“He is a director who takes the line on. He is a good communicator, as a forward, he is someone you want to put your body on the line for.”

McHunt

Tom's manager
Sam Ayoub:

“We haven’t received an offer yet from the Broncos so we’d like an indication of where we stand with them. Tom is one of the most talented young playmakers in the game and I can assure you there is no shortage of interest in him."

“Tom has a number of offers to consider. The Cowboys have been very persistent with their interest in him, so the ball is now in Brisbane’s court and we’d like a reasonable determination from them on his future.”

“I am confident we will keep Tom and our off-contract players, we’re not there yet but we will get there. We will be discussing Tom’s situation in the next few days. I’ve got a game to focus on this week but Tom is a talented player, no doubt."

“Adam Reynolds is a good player and there is some interest in him, but we need to tie up Kotoni Staggs first and if and when we do that, we will look at our other scrumbase options.”

“Tom is a really class player and he will keep developing and be a great halfback. All of us would love to have him here, he is a good friend of mine, I came through playing my junior footy with him, so it’s good to be out there with him."

“He is a director who takes the line on. He is a good communicator, as a forward, he is someone you want to put your body on the line for.”

McHunt
It sure looks like staggs is holding out to see if we lose dearden or don’t get Reynolds so he can play 6. It’s not smart as he could have a set back with his leg at any moment from now on.

Tom's manager
Sam Ayoub:

McHunt

Imagine. Imagine prioritising Staggs over Dearden and Reynolds. I can’t fathom it.

It has to be a white lie:

I guess the fact that Levi was named this week shows that someone didnt think Turpin could hold on until round 10 to make use of the loop hole.
I saw that after making the post. At least they're using him and it wasn't for the sake of making a signing but I don't understand the rush. They have Cory Paix right there on good money, why not give him first dibs?

I still think they could have played this smarter. A lot of teams have been handed permission to play train and trial players like Ben Marschke at Sydney and Bradley Deitz at Canterbury - give Paix a crack cry poor and say he's actually a half and we have no other hookers allowing us to promote Levi as a bench option.

Again how Sydney were able to get away with Ben Marschke surprises me considering they had Victor Radley and Adam Keighran right there.

I saw that after making the post. At least they're using him and it wasn't for the sake of making a signing but I don't understand the rush. They have Cory Paix right there on good money, why not give him first dibs?

I still think they could have played this smarter. A lot of teams have been handed permission to play train and trial players like Ben Marschke at Sydney and Bradley Deitz at Canterbury - give Paix a crack cry poor and say he's actually a half and we have no other hookers allowing us to promote Levi as a bench option.

Again how Sydney were able to get away with Ben Marschke surprises me considering they had Victor Radley and Adam Keighran right there.

Why does the Roosters getting away with whatever they want surprise you?

Why does the Roosters getting away with whatever they want surprise you?
They're not the only team getting away with it, I just thought the NRL would have been pretty stringent but if anything it seems fairly lax.

Wonder when the Moses to Brisbane rumour will start based on Nolan's relationship with Isaac? Im guessing rd10 when his option expires...
Didn’t take long...
Read added: “I think Brisbane is going to have a good, hard look at Mitchell Moses. I wouldn’t rule out Brisbane having at lash at Moses.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • heartly87
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosgirl
  • mrslong
  • Foordy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Manifesto
  • Brocko
  • Howzat
  • Old Mate
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.