Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you ever say anything that resembles intelligence?
He is captain of Souths and a Souths junior, club legend, and they aren't willing to offer him anything more than 1 year. And you want to risk it all and offer him a monster offer for 3 years.

Yeah, that is definitely intelligent.

I'm still waiting on someone to explain what he is good at without talking about his kicking game.

A Reynolds;

Try assists 2019+2020 - 20th & 34th
LB assists 2019+2020- 22nd & 20th
Missed tackles 2019+2020 - 17th & 23rd

So his best effort in the previous 2 years, is being the 20th best at setting up tries and linebreaks, while missing the 23rd most tackles.

In 2021 so far, he isn't in the top 50 for try assists or linebreak assists, but has maintained himself in the top 50 for missed tackles.

What does he offer, outside of a degenerating body and good kicking? Why is he worth a million?

Really we need to land one of Reynolds or somehow DCE.

All other options are place holders really. SJ would be great but I’d want him on a 2 year deal; nothing more and hopefully he’ll come for 700k seeing as Sharks only offered him 400k for 1 year.

I think that still leaves us short one good organising half. Johnson’s best was always next to Maloney. I’m not sure who that player is. Maybe knights will pay a good chunk to let Pearce go a year early, or someone like Watson/Mann.

I dont mind that, but I would want Drinkwater at fullback

1. Drinkwater
6. SJ
7. Taylor

I reckon that definitely works
Nah screw taylor... SJ and Drinkwater halves and Nicho fullback... can’t do better than that in my opinion

Would Taylor be able to handle the pressure of being halfback for the Broncos? Especially the CURRENT Broncos? The guy is not particularly mentally tough.

I'm really doubting Moses will be coming up here, he's feeling pretty cozy at Parramatta right now, and with Reynolds all but signed by Cronulla, reading between the lines it's looking likely that it will be Johnson or nothing for us. I am very concerned that we're going to have to settle for re-signing Milford again, especially if Johnson decides to go elsewhere (he's already gone grovelling back to the Warriors who apparently turned him down), and if it's panic stations with these dickheads in our R&R, it will probably be for not much less money than he's on now.

I'll say it once again: Until we turf out these toxic ***** within our recruitment and retention (Nolan being at the top of the hit-list), this club is going nowhere. PRAY to the footy gods that DD walks in on the weekend and immediately gets to work because we desperately need it.

Big no to SJ. Injury prone. Moses yes with Milf on half his current contract

Would Taylor be able to handle the pressure of being halfback for the Broncos? Especially the CURRENT Broncos? The guy is not particularly mentally tough.

No but if he is partnered with SJ but also has some other pieces bought in like Su'A, Capewell, maybe even Gagai, he isn't doing everything on his own.

Unfortunately we wont get any of the big name halves that are off contract at the end of this year. May have to bide time for Munster or Ponga at the end of 2022. Throwing the kitchen sink at Moses wont achieve anything, Reynolds seems to be a done deal for Cronulla and Walker wont come back to a club that ditched him for Dearden...unless Daddy Ben puts in a good word to Kev

Pull Stagg's offer he is just farking us around, sign or fark off
SJ will come cheaper than Moses,
Let Coates go, he is just farking us around. sign or fark off
Save the extra money not spent on Moses and Staggs and spread it across the backline.

1. Hynes
2. Isaako
3. Gagai
4. Herbie
5. Oates
6. Drinkwater
7. SJ

I think we should be targeting Drinkwater no matter what, at 1 or 6 he adds spark and a kicking game.

can anyone remind me of a time in this clubs history when the broncos were chasing NSW halves?

Save the extra money not spent on Moses and Staggs and spread it across the backline.

1. Hynes
2. Isaako
3. Gagai
4. Herbie
5. Oates
6. Drinkwater
7. SJ

I think we should be targeting Drinkwater no matter what, at 1 or 6 he adds spark and a kicking game.
Yeah I’m starting to think drinkwater and SJ might be the way to go

Unfortunately we wont get any of the big name halves that are off contract at the end of this year. May have to bide time for Munster or Ponga at the end of 2022. Throwing the kitchen sink at Moses wont achieve anything, Reynolds seems to be a done deal for Cronulla and Walker wont come back to a club that ditched him for Dearden...unless Daddy Ben puts in a good word to Kev

If you're right then we're cooked. We can't afford to bide our time any longer. We're staring down the barrel of our second straight spoon with Brisbane 2 bearing down on us and all of the inevitable advantages they will get served to them on a platter from the NRL. We're inviting this club to be sunk for a decade or more with this current crop of muppets in our front office. We're getting belted from pillar to post by everyone with an axe to grind against us and these hacks are rolling over. Lets face it, on greener pastures than these, Adam Reynolds is not a marquee signing. During the Lockyer days, he comes up here on Peter Wallace money. Now we can't even lure him away from Sydney for a million dollars a year.

Once upon a time, the Dragons won 15 premierships in 30 or so years, then never won again until they had merged with a rival and stared oblivion in the face. Do not think for a second that the same fate can't happen to us, because we're practically halfway there already. We haven't crossed the Rubicon, we're drowning in it.

If you're right then we're cooked. We can't afford to bide our time any longer. We're staring down the barrel of our second straight spoon with Brisbane 2 bearing down on us and all of the inevitable advantages they will get served to them on a platter from the NRL. We're inviting this club to be sunk for a decade or more with this current crop of muppets in our front office. We're getting belted from pillar to post by everyone with an axe to grind against us and these hacks are rolling over. Lets face it, on greener pastures than these, Adam Reynolds is not a marquee signing. During the Lockyer days, he comes up here on Peter Wallace money. Now we can't even lure him away from Sydney for a million dollars a year.

Once upon a time, the Dragons won 15 premierships in 30 or so years, then never won again until they had merged with a rival and stared oblivion in the face. Do not think for a second that the same fate can't happen to us, because we're practically halfway there already. We haven't crossed the Rubicon, we're drowning in it.
Great post, and i fully expect this rebuild to be a decade in the making.

1. Hynes
2. Isaako
3. Gagai
4. Herbie
5. Oates
6. Drinkwater
7. SJ

Yep, they have to pull Staggs' offer unless he is announced Donuts' first day. If not, pull the offer and give most of it to Gagai.

1. Hynes
2. Isaako
3. Gagai
4. Herbie
5. Oates
6. Drinkwater
7. SJ

I think Staggs is likely to end up at Parramatta, Gagai is their secondary target if the former chooses to stay. I agree completely though that he needs to stick it out or bugger off as we need to try and get some plan together. Coates seems as though he wants to go but only if Bellamy continues which doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me as Bellamy may only coach for one more year in 2022 then he will be gone anyway..

Drinkwater is the forgotten player in all of this schmozzle, id be attempting to get him for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • broncos4life
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • Scorchie
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.