Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
regardless, the fact our supposed meeting with Reynolds is all over the Sydney press, its manna for his agent who, even if they know the Broncos offer wont be accepted, can still appraoch Sharks and say hes tempted...can you increase your offer?

From our POV, getting a rival to spend more money means less to throw at our guys....a indirrect benefit, plus returning the favour to all those clubs who did the same thing to us

How are the Broncos for halves in terms of who's coming though the development system? Could Gamble and Reynolds/ Johnson be used in a mentoring capacity so we don't end up with another Deardon like scenario?

Here's something we could learn from Parramatta, that they had to learn the hard way: how not to get caught cheating the cap.
Sometimes it seems getting busted for cap cheating can do a team good. Don't know how honest the Storm books are (NRL foothold in Vic and all that), but if they are compliant then getting their house in order has done them good. Parra though cheated the cap and still were rubbish.

Rothfield says Coates toured the Storm facilities yesterday.
I think Coates is gone... he didn't seem all that "happy" in Friday's game.

When he scored against the dogs a few weeks back he was pumped and amping up the crowd, but he finishes off a length of the field try against titans to have us right back in it and he doesn't even crack a smile.

I could barely see him in any of the try celebrations even after we took the lead.

Maybe he's just thinking everything over and maybe the broncos aren't able to bump him up to the 400-500k his manager is asking for so he's deciding between staying for less or taking a bigger offer elsewhere

I think Coates is gone... he didn't seem all that "happy" in Friday's game.

When he scored against the dogs a few weeks back he was pumped and amping up the crowd, but he scores a length of the field try against titans too have us right back in it and he doesn't even crack a smile.

I could barely see him in any of the try celebrations even after we took the lead.

Maybe he's just thinking
Unfortunately, I suspect you're right. He wouldn't be happy about Dearden signing elsewhere and then being dropped. They're pretty tight.

On your bike then Coates, would be good to see him stay, but he can f**k off too.
I have no desire to keep anyone on this team that gave us our first spoon unless they show 100% dedication to playing for and turning around the Broncos.

Just like Dearden touring the Cowboys facility, glad he is gone.
As much of a strike weapon he is, others, who want to be Broncos and keen to be a part of the rebuild will come through.

Look at a bloke like Gamble, there are talented people we can bring in no matter who we lose.
Never forget, these muppets gave us our first spoon, if they dont want to redeem themselves for the club, they can leave.

No more than Fifita.

Not much less. Coates is far more likeable, and scored a nice chunk of our tries

Again, it all depends who we bring in to replace them. Good signings will take the pain away but I’m hearing very little in that regard.

In fact all talk is that both Reynolds and SJ are very reluctant to move to Brisbane. The exodus may continue with no new cattle arriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • Mustafur
  • kman
  • Broncorob
  • Spike
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.