Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last person I'd take literally is Bennett. For all we know he's talking him up for the sale.

It was actually reported recently that it was Wayne Bennett who advised then Paramatta coach Stephen Kearney to sign Chris Sandow. I know Sandow had some off field problems, but still the decision to leave Souths ruined his career.

Just quoting something I picked up yday whilst watching footy. Joe O is only on loan to Tigers this season but will be contracted to them from next season. Not that it matters too much as Tigers will presumably be paying his wages??. But if he gets injured as in Maccas case, he gets sent back to us until his contract runs out. True or False.??

Fair enough. KW rates him and there's a potential depth signing there at a competitive price if the Dogs chip in for 22. I'd like him to come simply because he covers a lot of positions, is experienced and fit, a qlder and now is mature enough to appreciate what he has. I wouldn't be upset if we said we'll take him on a Dogs subsidised deal for 22 and offered him a carrot for 23. You never know what value we could get from such a scenario.

Another thing is he's not terrible and made rep teams throughout the years so many have rated him as having ability and it's possible he might have re-dedicated himself to a career as a rugby league pro. He also has become a family man. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me to see him added to our depth especially if the rates are good.

The problem is, he is a jack of all trades type player but an expensive one, even at a reduced rate. His salary at the Tigers is apparently ridiculously high. He would be a handy player to have as depth on a low wage no doubt but the wage is the key issue. He also really doesn't provide much different to Billy Walters or dare I say it, Tyson Gamble. We already have two of these plug and play kind of players next year should Gamble re-sign as expected and Walters comes, also as expected. If you could Mbye at $200k, yep for sure he is a good signing but it would be AT LEAST double that.

The only time I think "damn, it would suck to lose Coates" is when he's streaking away downfield after all of our other players set him up

He's not like a Corey Oates who makes some great defensive plays, I need to see more from him in defense, we can blame the inside men all day but he can still be a point of difference. He just hasn't been

Just quoting something I picked up yday whilst watching footy. Joe O is only on loan to Tigers this season but will be contracted to them from next season. Not that it matters too much as Tigers will presumably be paying his wages??. But if he gets injured as in Maccas case, he gets sent back to us until his contract runs out. True or False.??
Pretty certain Joe O properly signed with the Tigers .. not a loan.. do not miss that dumb plod at all.

that wasn't a dumb decision
After watching him play yesterday I wouldn’t be so sure.

If we were smart enough to get the timing right, as we did with Payne, we may still have both Reece and David on our books.

You see if we can get that part right we are unlikely to have a need to ever get into a bidding war. A bidding war for those players into whom we have put so much time and effort. Those players we have every right to expect to keep.

Retention is as important as recruitment and clearly we have been found wanting on both accounts.

I'd just like to extend a very heartfelt "get fucked" to the dickhead behind this headline.

Report would bring Broncos to their knees

Honestly if this is true **** Coates and get him out of the team now. I’m sick of hearing how he is so likeable. He talks about how much the club means to him yet he is touring a rivals facilities in the middle of the season after a win that could really give the team some momentum.

I don’t find that very likeable.
actually, i wouldnt be at all suprised if Melbourne waited on announcing this until after DD started....as if to get one last kick at him for leaving them...to of all clubs Brisbane.

2 can play at that game though...

Looking at you Munster and Grant...

Fair enough. KW rates him and there's a potential depth signing there at a competitive price if the Dogs chip in for 22. I'd like him to come simply because he covers a lot of positions, is experienced and fit, a qlder and now is mature enough to appreciate what he has. I wouldn't be upset if we said we'll take him on a Dogs subsidised deal for 22 and offered him a carrot for 23. You never know what value we could get from such a scenario.

Another thing is he's not terrible and made rep teams throughout the years so many have rated him as having ability and it's possible he might have re-dedicated himself to a career as a rugby league pro. He also has become a family man. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me to see him added to our depth especially if the rates are good.
Im not sure how the dogs would feel about chipping in for a tigers player.

actually, i wouldnt be at all suprised if Melbourne waited on announcing this until after DD started....as if to get one last kick at him for leaving them...to of all clubs Brisbane.

2 can play at that game though...

Looking at you Munster and Grant...
They’re more likely to go to Brisbane 2 than here, let’s be honest.

Why be the be the next Lockyer when you can be the first?

This is the definition of wishful thinking.

Have you watched any Melbourne games this year?
They haven't been their old dominate selves. Parra beat them up in the wet, their execution even against the Bulldogs was below par, I think that they are cooked. Too much C. Smith talking them around the park, their playmakers, while good, are not used to doing the driving. I think they are overrated and need a season or two to get past the retirement.

Tyson Otto.. I’d say this bloke must’ve found a hair in his quiche while covering a Broncos game up here.. google his name with ‘broncos’ and hit the ‘news’ tab and take a look at his recent body of work - he wrote words to the effect that the Broncos would be long odds to be a premiership contender ever again, in a story last week..

Tyson Otto.. I’d say this bloke must’ve found a hair in his quiche while covering a Broncos game up here.. google his name with ‘broncos’ and hit the ‘news’ tab and take a look at his recent body of work - he wrote words to the effect that the Broncos would be long odds to be a premiership contender ever again, in a story last week..
Yep.

between him and Todd Balym you’d think we were the Tigers with 20 years of failure

Well 2006 was 15 years ago so by the time this rebuild is done....
Yeah however

- highly likely in 2008 until Ashton Ashton’d
-likely again 2009 until PWal snapped an ankle
- also likely 2011 if not for a knee in the eye socket
- and 2015

So really we’ve had four shots at it

either way, the pair of reporters plus Pete “attack dog” Badel have easy targets at the moment that sell papers and increase eyeballs in socials.

win, and they’ll move into something else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• whykickamoocow
  • Financeguy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Tim K
  • phoenix
  • Skathen
  • Alec
  • NSW stables
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Swordfish
  • Scorchie
  • HarryAllan7
  • kiwibronco
  • Fatboy
  • MrMoore
  • Harry Sack
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.