Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hodgson would be so perfect for us but let's be honest, we need the Raiders to go through hell for a good period before they are prepared to release him

Flobbo’s latest:
Reynolds has told Brisbane what he wants and if Brisbane come to the table he will be here. Looks to be 3yrs, captaincy but not sure of $.
Also says the deal is done for Hodgson to come to Brisbane.
As always, take it with a grain of salt.

Hodgson would be so perfect for us but let's be honest, we need the Raiders to go through hell for a good period before they are prepared to release him
Hodgson is a bit like Macca; Raiders game comes to a grinding halt when he gets the ball; wants to do everything from dummy half....he was a great hooker pre-6 again but has now found his level and isnt really suited to this type of game now.

Starling is the guy you want....said it heaps of times...

I want the Raiders to keep Hodgson, maybe Starling gets the shits and wants a full time gig...and i would be listening if thats the case

The Hodgson of two years ago would be a huge signing, the Hodgson of 2021 would be a gamble and we don’t do well with gambling on big money signings coming good.

My take on a few things....

Josh Hodgson - That's a yes from me. He ads experience, if we got him for 2022 the Raiders would be chipping in. A 2 year contract. Start with either Turpin or Hodgson, then the other comes on. Would be our best hooker rotation in a long long time. Turpin would learn alot.

Adam Reynolds - If true what has been said, make it happen. Reynolds and Staggs in the halves could develop into something very very special.

Coates - Would prefer he stays, but if he leaves I'm not that worried.

If we lined as below next year, we are top 4 easily and would be feared again by all teams. It doesn't even require a mass of changes right now. Key signatures of Reynolds and Hodgson. Two players that can guide us around the park and capitalise on the forwards foundation we have no problem laying.

1 - Isaako
2 - Oates
3 - Herbie
4 - Arthurs
5 - Cobbo
6 - Staggs
7 - Reynolds
8 - Haas
9 - Turpin / Hodgson
10 - Lodge
11 - TPJ
12 - Riki
13 - Carrigan

14 - Turpin / Hodgson
15 - Piakura
16 - Bullemore
17 - Flegler
18 - Kennedy

I haven't given up hope on Flegler just yet. I also think with a decent 7 Isaako is get better and better.

My take on a few things....

Josh Hodgson - That's a yes from me. He ads experience, if we got him for 2022 the Raiders would be chipping in. A 2 year contract. Start with either Turpin or Hodgson, then the other comes on. Would be our best hooker rotation in a long long time. Turpin would learn alot.

Adam Reynolds - If true what has been said, make it happen. Reynolds and Staggs in the halves could develop into something very very special.

Coates - Would prefer he stays, but if he leaves I'm not that worried.

If we lined as below next year, we are top 4 easily and would be feared again by all teams. It doesn't even require a mass of changes right now. Key signatures of Reynolds and Hodgson. Two players that can guide us around the park and capitalise on the forwards foundation we have no problem laying.

1 - Isaako
2 - Oates
3 - Herbie
4 - Arthurs
5 - Cobbo
6 - Staggs
7 - Reynolds
8 - Haas
9 - Turpin / Hodgson
10 - Lodge
11 - TPJ
12 - Riki
13 - Carrigan

14 - Turpin / Hodgson
15 - Piakura
16 - Bullemore
17 - Flegler
18 - Kennedy

I haven't given up hope on Flegler just yet. I also think with a decent 7 Isaako is get better and better.
Agree on Hodgson and Reynolds... I think Hodgson provides good service and gets the forwards moving well. Also has a kicking game.

Agree with you that it should be a 2yr deal (end of 2023... hey just when Harry and Bsmith come off contract).

I think Hodgson in lieu of a fullback now that Drinkwater is off the market.

I would however keep Staggs in the centers and if we grab Reynolds, I'd take Milf on a cut price deal.

1 - Isaako
2 - Oates
3 - Herbie
4 - Staggs
5 - Arthars/Cobbo
6 - Milf
7 - Reynolds
8 - Haas
9 - Hodgson
10 - Lodge
11 - TPJ
12 - Riki
13 - Carrigan

14 - Turpin
15 - Piakura
16 - Bullemore
17 - Flegler
18 - Kennedy

Asiata probably goes in that scenario, but I would prefer to keep him over Flegler if I'm honest

Cost of living in Brisbane is a hell of a lot cheaper. A 3 or 4 year deal worth $800k a year would buy him a very nice house.

Brisbane wins again in those departments. 😎

not to mention that his cash will go further up here

I say this as someone who is absolutely not a fan of Sydney and very much a fan of SE Queensland, but you're grossly overestimating how unwilling most well off Sydneysiders would be to move their family to Brisbane/Queensland.

Sure, plenty of Sydneysiders do make the move, but most of them are doing it to change their lifestyle or ease their cost of living pressure.

Adam Reynolds is a highly paid, highly marketable footballer and is EXACTLY the kind of person that the Sydney lifestyle is perfect for. His motivation for moving for anything other than a big pay rise would have to be close to zero.

If you seriously think he's looking at uprooting his family and moving Brisbane as more desirable than getting an offer to stay in Sydney then you guys are simply being naive. The only way we can tempt him to come is to make it so hugely financially worthwhile that he simply has to take the cash.

Agree on Hodgson and Reynolds... I think Hodgson provides good service and gets the forwards moving well. Also has a kicking game.

Agree with you that it should be a 2yr deal (end of 2023... hey just when Harry and Bsmith come off contract).

I would however keep Staggs in the centers and if we grab Reynolds, I'd take Milf on a cut price deal.

1 - Isaako
2 - Oates
3 - Herbie
4 - Staggs
5 - Arthars/Cobbo
6 - Milf
7 - Reynolds
8 - Haas
9 - Hodgson
10 - Lodge
11 - TPJ
12 - Riki
13 - Carrigan

14 - Turpin
15 - Piakura
16 - Bullemore
17 - Flegler
18 - Kennedy

Asiata probably goes in that scenario, but I would prefer to keep him over Flegler if I'm honest
I dunno, Milford has to have a huge form reversal to be even considered getting even a cut price deal. Still a no from me on him.

1 - Isaako
2 - Oates
3 - Herbie
4 - Staggs
5 - Arthars/Cobbo
6 - Milf
7 - Reynolds
8 - Haas
9 - Hodgson
10 - Lodge
11 - TPJ
12 - Riki
13 - Carrigan

14 - Turpin
15 - Piakura
16 - Bullemore
17 - Flegler
18 - Kennedy

This is a very well balanced side and I do like the possibility of Hodgson on only a two year deal, a more than decent stop gap until we get Harry.

I say this as someone who is absolutely not a fan of Sydney and very much a fan of SE Queensland, but you're grossly overestimating how unwilling most well off Sydneysiders would be to move their family to Brisbane/Queensland.

Sure, plenty of Sydneysiders do make the move, but most of them are doing it to change their lifestyle or ease their cost of living pressure.

Adam Reynolds is a highly paid, highly marketable footballer and is EXACTLY the kind of person that the Sydney lifestyle is perfect for. His motivation for moving for anything other than a big pay rise would have to be close to zero.

If you seriously think he's looking at uprooting his family and moving Brisbane as more desirable than getting an offer to stay in Sydney then you guys are simply being naive. The only way we can tempt him to come is to make it so hugely financially worthwhile that he simply has to take the cash.
There's always the motivation for a half to take a club out of the slums too.

How much that weighs in Vs lifestyle, only he knows, but for someone who's a true competitor, there's an appeal to that given he's already won a premiership. Cronulla is a sideways move at an unstable club that is a total unknown next year. We seem to have passed through the worst of it now and should be on the up next year.

Does Turpin stay if we were to sign a hooker? Assuming Kevvie has to also find a spot for Billy :facepalmwastaken:

I don't think turpin has taken up his option yet.

Does Turpin stay if we were to sign a hooker? Assuming Kevvie has to also find a spot for Billy :facepalmwastaken:

I don't think turpin has taken up his option yet.
That's the big question for me. Hodgson has potential to be a top 3 hooker again, Turpin, I don't think he can reach that.

If we get Hodgson for 600k, Turpin goes elsewhere (which I think he would have a market) it's really only a 300k difference.

In that instance, I'd be all for Hodgson.

I seriously hope the club has invited his missus up when he tours here and treats her like a queen. That’s half the battle right there.

That's the big question for me. Hodgson has potential to be a top 3 hooker again, Turpin, I don't think he can reach that.

If we get Hodgson for 600k, Turpin goes elsewhere (which I think he would have a market) it's really only a 300k difference.

In that instance, I'd be all for Hodgson.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Turpin go to the Titans and be really good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.