Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you telling me you'll offer me 500k for my house I bought for 400k??? Thank you.

Plenty of ways to be creative. One method is the implied or delayed bribe, the Wall St play.. Which is why those responsible for financial regulation often get lucrative gigs at investment banks after they leave their government job. Implied careers after footy for key signings would seem like the cleanest way to influence legally.

With property a strategy used by an infamous QLD pollie in the 80s was to place a 50k deposit to buy a property and then not settle... deposit being forfeited to the seller of the property. Simple.

I agree somewhat. I think there's a good footy player in there. I really liked seeing him back up through the middle last weekend, even though he dropped the pill, that support play is what should be expected of a decent fullback.
I just don't think he is a fullback. Centre is the position for him I think

There will be some real optimism around the club if we sign Reynolds

Staggs/Milford/Asiata.. you could just about put anyone you want at 5/8 if Reynolds is the halfback

He's having his first season as a dedicated fullback but you knew what I meant. Of course you'd know what the club was intending with your seat at the table at Red Hill. You're such a negative niggling prick that I think it's time I stopped seeing your posts. You have the perfect job.
He isn't starting his first season as fullback. He started last year there as well, couldn't cut it and got dropped.

He isn't starting his first season as fullback. He started last year there as well, couldn't cut it and got dropped.
Or was he dropped because Seibold is a shit coach that was desperately chopping and changing his team every week looking for an answer??

I mean supercoach pies did decide to drop Isaako for an 18yr old Niu... was that really the best decision

It's his first full season at fullback. I'm well aware he played a few games there last year. We had an accomplished world class fullback on our books already and a numptie coach. DB should never have been shifted.

It's his first full season at fullback. I'm well aware he played a few games there last year. We had an accomplished world class fullback on our books already and a numptie coach. DB should never have been shifted.

At his peak Boyd was definitely a world class fullback, and he would have made a great mentor for Isaako over the last few years, in much the same way I understand Slater has worked withe the fullbacks at Melbourne. I'd be interested to know if anything like that did go on. It's a shame to waste a resource like that if not.

I get how player options work and how club options work but how does a mutual option work?

Grant has one in his last year at Storm. Seems redundant

To be fair, he had stuff going on though.

The +1 year could have performance clauses embedded in it. For example, make the finals and it activates or come in the top 5 of the poty awards, etc. I’m more than ok with giving him a reduced price fourth year anyway.

You could do something like:

22 - 900k
23 - 800k
24 - 700k
25 - Performance activated - 300k

That’s 2.7 but the final year is not going to break us even if he falls to pieces. It front ends him as well and that would be enticing.

At his peak Boyd was definitely a world class fullback, and he would have made a great mentor for Isaako over the last few years, in much the same way I understand Slater has worked withe the fullbacks at Melbourne. I'd be interested to know if anything like that did go on. It's a shame to waste a resource like that if not.
The only question I would ask of Boyd is his thinking process. He couldn't get the team up when heads dropped, could he pass on those skills that we know he has. Shane Warne can't teach or coach our spinners to be better, but he still has a keen cricket mind. Maybe Boyd is just a player and not a potential assistant, similar to Lockyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Broncorob
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.