Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that can make sense about this Lodge deal is if we literally have no money for Hynes or contract extensions if we don't do this, there is no other reason we should be letting a player like Lodgey go.

We are going to be alot weaker unless Flegler improves massively this year.

The only thing that can make sense about this Lodge deal is if we literally have no money for Hynes or contract extensions if we don't do this, there is no other reason we should be letting a player like Lodgey go.

We are going to be alot weaker unless Flegler improves massively this year.
it's a damn shame we can't just keep lodge and tpj and fire flegler out of a cannon into the sun, but if it's all about doing whatever we can to get the spine we need i think it's probably for the best

Cronulla will probably throw half their cap at him after missing out on Reynolds, they have to sign someone soon or the whole reason that they shafted Morris for Fitzgibbon is null and void
*Milford* give them Milford FFS just do it!

This simply smacks of the team basically throwing the towel for this year in...

Seems everything to do with roster construction and retention is geared towards 2022.

So, this is simply a exercise in creating salary cap space to facilitate further singings for next year and beyond.

There is no legit footballing reason for this move, sans a complete and irrevocable breakdown in relations between player, coach and club?

And im not getting that vibe.

If this transpires, upgrade Haas's contract ASAP...

So is it a swap with Klemmer as rumoured? He smacked that rumour down I believe. What are we getting out of this besides the rumoured 400k?

I can't name a single team in the NRL that would have Isaako as first choice Fullback though, Dufty has been playing excellent this year genuinely surprised Dragons would toss him.

I think now is the time to go harder for Hynes, there is no fullbacks in the market that are close to his level, his asking price is really low given that he is actually more of a 6 that could work well for us once Cobbo works his way into first grade.
That's just the thing though, personal incredulity doesn't make it so. There might be a club. There might be 6. The recent speculation concerning West tigers and Isaako is something you're aware of but you still simply can't think of any club that would have him at fullback. They must need him to partner TPJ.

This simply smacks of the team basically throwing the towel for this year in...

Seems everything to do with roster construction and retention is geared towards 2022.

So, this is simply a exercise in creating salary cap space to facilitate further singings for next year and beyond.

There is no legit footballing reason for this move, sans a complete and irrevocable breakdown in relations between player, coach and club?

And im not getting that vibe.

If this transpires, upgrade Haas's contract ASAP...
No reason YOU KNOW of. Why isn't anyone considering that Lodge might want to move?

That's just the thing though, personal incredulity doesn't make it so. There might be a club. There might be 6. The recent speculation concerning West tigers and Isaako is something you're aware of but you still simply can't think of any club that would have him at fullback. They must need him to partner TPJ.
Yes, Laurie is one of Tigers best players and will only improve, if Tigers genuinely wanted him he wouldn't be the 1st choice fullback, I would bet the house on that.

No reason YOU KNOW of. Why isn't anyone considering that Lodge might want to move?

He has said (yes I know words don't mean much, look at Coates), he is happy at the club and would be happy to stay.

Look, like all the decisions we’ve seen this year, it will be hard to judge until about a year from now.

On the surface it’s a bad outcome but some painful losses lead to us signing Reynolds.

Will have to wait and see but it’s an interesting move.

News going hard at it now.

ScreenScreenshot 2021 05 25 at 15 59 26 Transfer Market Broncos offload high priced star

News Corp reports the Knights are expected to table a mid-season transfer offer to Matt Lodge, with negotiations remaining on the subsidy. Lodge is on almost $800k with the Broncos willing to kick in around half. Knights insist David Klemmer is not in play.

Tevita Pangai Jnr hopes otherwise:

“I would like to see ‘Lodgey’ stay. Obviously it’s up to him and the club. I think he has improvement in him and he is one of the leaders in our team. He can be right up there with the best front-rowers in the game when he runs like he does on the weekend and competes. He has an awesome footy brain for a prop, he knows the game so well, so I really hope we can keep him.”

Lodge said:

“I want a connection with a club that wants me to do well for them, that’s a big thing for me. Every game I go into play I will go as hard as I can until the day I’m not here. I came here four years ago with pretty much nothing so whether I leave this week or in four years this club has done a lot for me and I’ve rebuilt my whole life here. I came here with a 20kg suitcase and would be leaving with a lot more than that. I could be here another four years so who knows.”

McHunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Tim K
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Thelmus
  • Justwin
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • eggstar10
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • MrMoore
  • kiwibronco
  • Jazza
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.