Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big win over St.Mary's by PBC Mariner didn't get a lot of ball- scored a good try out of dummy half just scooted out and scored- went around both markers.

He had a good run down the left hand side too, poor little half came across and got thrown away by Mariner.

Second half gets a kick in his own quarter and runs down the sideline and comes in and goes across to the other side to put his opposite side winger into a hole and score. That was impressive to not just run straight but see an opportunity over on the other sideline.

Karl Oloapu- Dolphins and Wavell was strong against Coombabah- he was just too quick thinking and fast.

Mozer- brilliant run for Keebra's first try- then just give it to a tank to steam over. Third try- he goes through again and draws the fullback in traffic and gives a pass for a forward to score under the posts. I can't take my eyes off him, he's majestic for a school boy- so smart and quick.
Was he the 4 for PBC? If so he was very impressive for them as was the 12. The 10 and 12 for St Mary's had good games as well.

Paul Crawley was hyping him last year along with (see if you recognize any of these names): Brendan Piakura, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo and Xavier Willison. Here's what he said about Mozer:

"You know how the Broncos always rue the day they let Cameron Smith walk out the door? Well, this 16-year-old hooker has those in the know already dreaming big dreams. Plays a similar style in that he’s just a natural dummy half. It will be a few years before you see him in the NRL, but remember the name."

Andrew Dawson has been tooting his horn for some time.

He has a nice rebounder ball, dressed knees down like his granny:

Those rebounding ball are luke sramas company, believe he's some relation to Matt who played for the titans?

Paul Crawley was hyping him last year along with (see if you recognize any of these names): Brendan Piakura, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo and Xavier Willison. Here's what he said about Mozer:

"You know how the Broncos always rue the day they let Cameron Smith walk out the door? Well, this 16-year-old hooker has those in the know already dreaming big dreams. Plays a similar style in that he’s just a natural dummy half. It will be a few years before you see him in the NRL, but remember the name."

Andrew Dawson has been tooting his horn for some time.

He has a nice rebounder ball, dressed knees down like his granny:

“Remember the name” 🤔hmmm

That was a direct quote recently used by one of our very own BHQ insiders about the very same player. No one will convince be otherwise that his real identity isn’t Crawly.

I suggest Jake Turping or Carey Paix, something the journalists will just glance over.

I suggest Jake Turping or Carey Paix, something the journalists will just glance over.
Jake turping I like, also great work everyone there’s a real team effort going on around here.

Dossier - There if is. It sounds like Bull dozer and it’s just far enough off that journalists won’t be able to think about it enough to figure out who it is.

What's this rebounder ball shit?

When I was growing up, I just used a regular footy in the backyard and threw it against tree trunks to bounce back and catch. Got more skills then these young blokes coming through.

Also managed to beat a few invisible defenders in the backyard with some absolutely vicious chip and chase efforts. Wish we saw more of the chip and chase these days.

Yours truly,
Year 6 footy at lunch intercept king

Someone mentioned the club is interested in Jordan Pereira from the dragons a few pages back. I think that would be a decent depth option if he’s cheap. He’s not the most reliable set of hands but he starts sets off well and has a decent work rate.
....yeh i heard that one too....

He would be a great fit for us....averages three unforced errors a game....the worst in the entire league...

When I was growing up, I just used a regular footy in the backyard and threw it against tree trunks to bounce back and catch. Got more skills then these young blokes coming through.

Also managed to beat a few invisible defenders in the backyard with some absolutely vicious chip and chase efforts. Wish we saw more of the chip and chase these days.

Yours truly,
All i can think of is Perry from Muriel's wedding kicking a milk carton in his backyard while giving running commentary.

Adam Reynolds responding to rumours Brisbane are in the middle of offering a one year deal (or maybe more) to Matt Dufty:

“You know, he does a great job for St George. I can’t understand why they didn’t want him, but I’m sure he’d be a great acquisition for Brisbane. He is a quality player, I think you want to play with quality players. He’s no different."

“He is a wonderful player who is a damaging ball runner, who was great defensively. So I think no matter where you have him in the team, he’s going to do a job for you. In saying that, I’m not too sure what the club’s thinking for next year. We’ll have to sort of wait and see."

“I think they’ve got a few good young players coming through as well. Albert Kelly’s been doing well in the halves there, Tyson Gamble has been going well."

“They’ve got a good number of quality young players coming through. It’s just about trying to unlock some of their potential.”

"I was close to signing with Cronulla. In saying that I was still having conversations with my family about moving up to Brisbane. And that’s probably the deciding factor. In the end, the family wanted to move up. You can get a bit routine down in Sydney."

“We want the challenge of being in a different state and having to lean on each other as a family a bit more. And I’m looking forward to a new challenge. I think they got a lot of potential up there in Brisbane.”

McHunt

Adam Reynolds responding to rumours Brisbane are in the middle of offering a one year deal (or maybe more) to Matt Dufty:

“You know, he does a great job for St George. I can’t understand why they didn’t want him, but I’m sure he’d be a great acquisition for Brisbane. He is a quality player, I think you want to play with quality players. He’s no different."

“He is a wonderful player who is a damaging ball runner, who was great defensively. So I think no matter where you have him in the team, he’s going to do a job for you. In saying that, I’m not too sure what the club’s thinking for next year. We’ll have to sort of wait and see."

“I think they’ve got a few good young players coming through as well. Albert Kelly’s been doing well in the halves there, Tyson Gamble has been going well."

“They’ve got a good number of quality young players coming through. It’s just about trying to unlock some of their potential.”

"I was close to signing with Cronulla. In saying that I was still having conversations with my family about moving up to Brisbane. And that’s probably the deciding factor. In the end, the family wanted to move up. You can get a bit routine down in Sydney."

“We want the challenge of being in a different state and having to lean on each other as a family a bit more. And I’m looking forward to a new challenge. I think they got a lot of potential up there in Brisbane.”

McHunt
1 year deal??? Alright I’m in.

Yours truly,
Unfortunately the art of the chip and chase is dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Rough and Ready
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Wolfie
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.