Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me we did not get rid of lodge for Sharon… **** me dead
iu

Like others have said, would happily take Ryan James on close to min wage for forward depth and experience - though we really should’ve jumped on that opportunity at the start of the year before Canberra got him.

I really can’t support a team with Woods in it though. Yucko.

Travis Meyn reckons the Broncos are using their Lodgebux to go after Aaron Woods/Ryan James.
I think I might have to expound on this: his literal wording is they are "considering making a play" and "they have cash to splash after making some key roster decisions."

There's really not much to see there yet. They should be "considering" every player on the market.

I was just throwing it out there because it's the latest rumour to hit the assembly line.

I think I might have to expound on this: his literal wording is they are "considering making a play" and "they have cash to splash after making some key roster decisions."

There's really not much to see there yet. I was just throwing it out there because it's the latest rumour to hit the assembly line.
I thought that they discussed this on 360 a week or so ago and PK, Ikin and the like said he would most likely end up back at the Tigers.

It's just lazy journalism.

Aaron Woods is off contract and Ryan James is struggling to get game-time therefore the Broncos are chasing them.
In a nutshell. Lazy might be not quite the right word. Obligatory is probably more like it. Imagine having to come up with fresh stories on this club every day. This is what you get: something that's probably true, but not quite as newsworthy as it first appears.

In a nutshell. Lazy might be not quite the right word. Obligatory is probably more like it. Imagine having to come up with fresh stories on this club every day. This is what you get: something that's probably true, but not quite as newsworthy as it first appears.
I'll stick with lazy.

They have the credentials to write better stories and better inform themselves on the game and yet they come up with the stories anyone on here could write.

I know it's not entirely on them and the editors also deserve their share of the blame.

at this stage, there will be 1 ex-bronco being paid to play for another team

That's right... 1 so far. Out of 1 release.

Now who else was on the chopping block? TPJ, Isaako, Oates...

Could be 4 very quickly, especially if we want to get rid of them in a hurry.

May be a necessary evil before we can start to right the ship and exactly the right call, but damn it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Like watching Bird run around for the Dragons this year knowing we're paying for half of it while he talks down on our club to any reporter who puts a mic in front of him.

That's right... 1 so far. Out of 1 release.

Now who else was on the chopping block? TPJ, Isaako, Oates...

Could be 4 very quickly, especially if we want to get rid of them in a hurry.

May be a necessary evil before we can start to right the ship and exactly the right call, but damn it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Like watching Bird run around for the Dragons this year knowing we're paying for half of it while he talks down on our club to any reporter who puts a mic in front of him.
Looks like Pangai may even get a pay rise according to rumours. We may not chip in for him at all.

Looks like Pangai may even get a pay rise according to rumours. We may not chip in for him at all.

Any club should be able to see what a bind we're in, smell blood in the water and take full advantage.

If we were able to offload TPJ without having to chip in then that would be a huge win from a negotiating standpoint given the state of things right now.

Woodsy would be great for team culture. I know him personally. Great great bloke. Hard trainer. Drinks very little, great role model. He is extremely well liked at the Tigers and Cronulla. Players love him. The Sharks players are filthy he is going.

He would be a great mentor for Haas, Carrigan and Flegler and wouldn't be expensive as he knows he is past his best. He has nibbles from Souths, Parra and Melbourne. Preference to remain in Sydney as he is about to have his 2nd kid. Open to moving interstate though for the right club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Mustafur
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.