Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take Vaughan in a heartbeat if he came at a reduced rate.

The chances of him breaking the COVID rules again after having his big money contract torn up are extremely slim. Apart from that **** up, he's actually a pretty nice bloke and not this complete dickhead people make him out to be.

With a Vaughan and Haas front row pairing, it would improve our forward pack significantly.

The chances of him breaking the COVID rules again after having his big money contract torn up are extremely slim. Apart from that **** up, he's actually a pretty nice bloke and not this complete dickhead people make him out to be.

With a Vaughan and Haas front row pairing, it would improve our forward pack significantly.
he's clearly a bit of a dumbass tho, not like the covid thing was a once off - it was his third contract breach.

What's the bet this gets announced the week his suspension expires? As freakish as he's been this season, it's interesting we looked better without him.

This. He is no longer as effective as he once was, but he is still a strong first grader, and because of this breach, clubs will be able to offer him unders and include a bunch of clauses in his contract.

Chris Garry reporting that TPJ will be joining Dogs within the month. Just negotiating a deal they want him ASAP

I don't think it's Tevita Pangai first choice. I think he would prefer the Dragons as the Bulldogs are a similar situation to the Broncos. But whether its a price figure they can't agree on or simply Dragons won't have him it doesn't seem to be happening.

Surprise, surprise, NRL agents have already been working the phones.

Before Vaughan had even been terminated the Dragons had been offered Manly prop Marty Taupau and Broncos forward Tevita Pangai.

This. He is no longer as effective as he once was, but he is still a strong first grader, and because of this breach, clubs will be able to offer him unders and include a bunch of clauses in his contract.
Is Vaughan now a free agent? If so and they did sign him with a lot of caveats it might be a bargain basement deal for a SOO prop. Would want to sign him this year so he can serve the majority of his 8 game suspension this year and only miss 1-2 games next season.

Is Vaughan now a free agent? If so and they did sign him with a lot of caveats it might be a bargain basement deal for a SOO prop. Would want to sign him this year so he can serve the majority of his 8 game suspension this year and only miss 1-2 games next season.
I'd imagine the suspension is from the next 8 games, I'm not sure if his contract will stop that or not. If it is, then he would need to be signed in the next 2 weeks so it can be served in final games/trials.

i would really try and get Taupau, i believe he was on the outer early in the yr, Marty and Hass will be an awesome Front Row
i had no idea Tapau was on the market...he might be good with Haas but again comes down to $$$.

With Brisbane in the business right now of securing guys on our roster, i cant see where the money for him comes from frankly..?

Zero tackle has him listed as under contract till 2022 at $800K....yeh....no thank you...

Vaughan on big unders with stipulations that allow you to rip up his contract for any further breaches is smart business. Bloke is clearly missing a few brain cells when it comes to life outside of footy, but as a footy player he still has a bit to offer.

Give him a year at first on minimal, stips about indiscretions leading to termination, and he goes year by year if he can get his footy right and stay out of trouble off field.

I would still be surprised if it happened mind you, the club will very likely be frightened by his off field discretions and won't want the attention. But from a footy perspective, if you get Vaughan, a former blue and Aus rep for basement dollars you are laughing.

If you read the press release the broncos do with each re-signing it’s not hard to notice the central theme is about character. DD has been big on it too in interviews he’s had, the club wants to recruit good people first. They aren’t going to be interested in bringing in another selfish dickhead to replace one we are already trying to get rid of.

If you read the press release the broncos do with each re-signing it’s not hard to notice the central theme is about character. DD has been big on it too in interviews he’s had, the club wants to recruit good people first. They aren’t going to be interested in bringing in another selfish dickhead to replace one we are already trying to get rid of.
Yes I agree which is why I have found it strange we have not been linked to Finucane, unless of course they have and he is not interested in moving up to Brisbane.

Yes I agree which is why I have found it strange we have not been linked to Finucane, unless of course they have and he is not interested in moving up to Brisbane.
Apparently he originally wanted 800k a year for 4 yrs, & after clubs balked he’s since dropped it to 3yrs and 700k. He’s a good player & good person to have around the club, but he’s just not worth anything like that imo.

I’m sure the club would be looking at him if he came down in price.

Rumour has it the Broncos have around $300k to spend on another forward. (source: trust me)

Ben Ikin:

“No, we won’t be making an offer for Paul Vaughan. There are a number of props around but Vaughan just doesn’t fit in with what we’re considering in terms of roster planning. I won’t go into too much detail but there are a couple of scenarios at play between now and the end of the season about what we need to fill, how we fill it, and how much money we’ve got to fill it. It’s a moving feast at the moment. The player market is so fluid that we’ve got multiple scenarios.”

"Everything will be considered on its own merits. We will base our decision with Tevita on what gets put to us. At this stage, we are committed to getting the best out of the players that we’ve got, for as long as they are here, for the rest of the season."

“The roster-management issue is sitting in the background with many moving parts. We will be as well-advanced in the planning as we can across multiple scenarios, so that if something is put to us, then we are well-prepared to make a decision at speed. If Tevita’s management comes back to us with something concrete, then we will sit down and work our way through it.”

McHunt

Vaughan on big unders with stipulations that allow you to rip up his contract for any further breaches is smart business. Bloke is clearly missing a few brain cells when it comes to life outside of footy, but as a footy player he still has a bit to offer.

Give him a year at first on minimal, stips about indiscretions leading to termination, and he goes year by year if he can get his footy right and stay out of trouble off field.

I would still be surprised if it happened mind you, the club will very likely be frightened by his off field discretions and won't want the attention. But from a footy perspective, if you get Vaughan, a former blue and Aus rep for basement dollars you are laughing.
Vaughan is not just some big dummy that fucked up. He has knowingly gone against his club's and coaches specific directions which were only given hours before, encouraged team mates to come along, attempted to deceive the nrl, integrity unit and police and is still lying and avoiding questions.

He has not attempted to understand the impact his decisions have had on others or even his mates that were invited (they have all got massive fines because they listened to him), his concern is completely on himself, being caught and how that affected him.

We have all spoken about trying to remove the toxic, self entitled and selfish culture in the club and people are suggesting this clown? **** me, this guy is everything we are trying to remove.

Screw that guy, we dont need a player of this type, whether they are decent player or not, around our playing group.

Rumour has it the Broncos have around $300k to spend on another forward. (source: trust me)

Ben Ikin:

“No, we won’t be making an offer for Paul Vaughan. There are a number of props around but Vaughan just doesn’t fit in with what we’re considering in terms of roster planning. I won’t go into too much detail but there are a couple of scenarios at play between now and the end of the season about what we need to fill, how we fill it, and how much money we’ve got to fill it. It’s a moving feast at the moment. The player market is so fluid that we’ve got multiple scenarios.”

"Everything will be considered on its own merits. We will base our decision with Tevita on what gets put to us. At this stage, we are committed to getting the best out of the players that we’ve got, for as long as they are here, for the rest of the season."

“The roster-management issue is sitting in the background with many moving parts. We will be as well-advanced in the planning as we can across multiple scenarios, so that if something is put to us, then we are well-prepared to make a decision at speed. If Tevita’s management comes back to us with something concrete, then we will sit down and work our way through it.”

McHunt
Like it - can see Ikin is implementing a no d*&$k head policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • jd87
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Skathen
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • sooticus
  • Volvo Driver
  • Midean
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • Santa
  • RodF
  • Battler
  • Brotherdu
  • Mustafur
... and 46 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.