Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncos announcing gamble is coming. Latest post on Instagram is surely the give away.

Tyson Gamble has signed a two-year extension:

“It’s unreal to re-sign with the Broncos. I love the way the club is going, the direction that Kev is taking us and I’m looking forward to the future. It’s good to keep the young blokes around. It’s a good crew that we’ve got here at the moment and the longer we keep all of us together, the better we can go.”

“We’ve had a bit of a refresh mid-season and after that win against the Sharks, there’s no reason we can’t get a few more to finish off the season and we can then build into 2022.

McHunt
Haha there we go.

I sat on a plane next to Vaughan once, didn't know the bloke from a bar of soap, but he'd found a snapchat filter which turns you into a woman (gives you long hair and makeup), and he was taking selfies and videos and thought it was the funniest thing ever. Then he turned to me and started using it on me / taking selfies of both of us as women and again he thought it was so hilarious. He did it for about an hour.

So anyway, no, I wouldn't want us to sign him.

I sat on a plane next to Vaughan once, didn't know the bloke from a bar of soap, but he'd found a snapchat filter which turns you into a woman (gives you long hair and makeup), and he was taking selfies and videos and thought it was the funniest thing ever. Then he turned to me and started using it on me / taking selfies of both of us as women and again he thought it was so hilarious. He did it for about an hour.

So anyway, no, I wouldn't want us to sign him.
worse than hitler.

I don’t think we’re signing him but really his offences aren’t the worst. It’s not like he was out stomping heads or stabbing or raping. Getting sacked by one club is punishment enough, someone else will pick him up.

The problem with Vaughn is that his talent (and age, he is 31 early next season) don't quite justify the potential drama and negative media he might bring when we are actively trying to get away from that. We are looking to move on TPJ with a history of similar actions so the media vultures would lick their lips at potential hypocrisy stories.

If he was a Queenslander he might have had more chance as it would have helped the narrative but i don't blame the club for looking past this opportunity.

we have a good core forming now ... optimistic about a finals return in 2022.

1. Tesi Nui
2. Selwyn Cobbo
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Brenko Lee
5. Corey Oates
6. Kotoni Staggs
7. Adam Reynolds (c)
8. Pat Carrigan
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Kurt Capewell
12. TC Robati
13. Kobe Hethrington

14. Corey Paix
15. Rhys Kennedy
16. Tom Flegler
17. Jordan Riki / Brendan Piakura

IMO, that's a top 8 quality top 17

Is everyone as far off wanting Dufty as they are Vaughan? They are saying he ran 5kms home to avoid the cops when they showed up. Pretty bad also.

I'll preface this by saying I don't actually want Dufty, just curious. I don't think we wanted him for football reasons before this even happened.

Matt Dufty wasn't the only one from the party that made an exit. I read there was a couple who skirted out of the house down the road when the police came from a neighbors account.

Anyway to your point. I was a fan of Dufty, but I can see where some of criticism is coming from his game after watching highlights from the Dragons playing the Bulldogs. He had a shocker in defense.

Despite that I still find it staggering he may not be playing NRL next season with his type of ability. While scrubs like Moses Mbye not only are playing but are on big money. I have read that there are not many takers for Dufty and English Superleague is a possibility.

I though Renouf Atoni was strong for Dogs.
TPJ for Atoni wouldn't be a bad move in my eyes and will come fairly cheaper as well

Despite that I still find it staggering he may not be playing NRL next season with his type of ability. While scrubs like Moses Mbye not only are playing but are on big money. I have read that there are not many takers for Dufty and English Superleague is a possibility.

sounds like his attitude has scared clubs away from him ... and if the reports are true that he reacts negatively to constructive criticism, then i don't blame them

sounds like his attitude has scared clubs away from him ... and if the reports are true that he reacts negatively to constructive criticism, then i don't blame them
Shane Flanagan has disputed that Matt Dufty is not coachable.

"Flanagan says he never found Dufty hard to coach. He was inquisitive and wanted to know why certain things were being asked of him, but not to the point of rebellion.

“He would ask a lot of questions,” Flanagan said.

“Sometime players don’t ask why, they just go and do it. I like the kid.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Sproj
  • BRC088
  • Brocko
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • kiwi2
  • broncsgoat
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • Jedhead
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosMan
  • Allo
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  • marw
  • Midean
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.