Riki
Bullemor
Palasia
Hetherington
Willison
Jensen

Pereira

? players possible for release

I think Willison will be on a developmental contract next season. which would be the smart move as, unless Vlandy's has changed things again, you get a 10% discount for any player who stays on a developmental contract for 2 years.

unless we plan to use him in the first 11 rounds, then we should keep him on a development contract

I think Willison will be on a developmental contract next season. which would be the smart move as, unless Vlandy's has changed things again, you get a 10% discount for any player who stays on a developmental contract for 2 years.

unless we plan to use him in the first 11 rounds, then we should keep him on a development contract
Yeah, I said earlier depending on development spots.

I haven't completely given up on Corey Allan, but I probably wouldn't sign him back either, unless it's for close to minimum wage.

His ball playing is good, but he severely lacks in pretty much every other facet required to be a genuine NRL fullback.
Not a huge fan of allan as i thought he was over-rated for what he was asking but given our inability to snag one of the fullbacks available this year, on a subsidised (by the dogs) near minimum wage i would be interested until something better came along or developed.

I know he doesnt really excel in any area particularly, but neither does hynes but we have seen how effective he has been in an appropriate system.

Our focus should be developing effective attacking and defensive structures and systems as these will optimise the performance of ALL our players.

the CM has said that "Newscorp understands" we have enough room in our cap for 1 more top line purchase
As we should, problem is I don’t think (at this point) there is any top tier 1,6 or 9 that is available for 2022.

How many players can we have on development contracts?

Maybe we are trying to do a deal with the storm. You get Coates for the rest of the year and we get Smith in 2022
Would be nice, but can’t see it happening.
Storm have made enquires to the Broncos about swapping Coates & Lee now however Brisbane have said no.

With all this talk about Knights trying to offer Ponga an extension, I really feel we need to go chips in for him. As others have said there is no elite talent available at the moment and if it means waiting another year until 2023 then it is what it is.
He would be a marketing dream and he has stepped up as an on-field leader this year. I trust that with Ikin and DD at least they'll explore all options...

With all this talk about Knights trying to offer Ponga an extension, I really feel we need to go chips in for him. As others have said there is no elite talent available at the moment and if it means waiting another year until 2023 then it is what it is.
He would be a marketing dream and he has stepped up as an on-field leader this year. I trust that with Ikin and DD at least they'll explore all options...

I'd be considering going for Hoy, he would be an immediate upgrade on anything we have. If we can't get a fullback, I think I am starting to lean towards just biting the bullet and going with Cobbo, particularly if we can somehow get a 9.

I know most people here wouldn't want him at Broncos.. And I don't even think I would want him.. But I actually do think he's a very good half. Maybe he's worth consideration.

I'd be considering going for Hoy, he would be an immediate upgrade on anything we have. If we can't get a fullback, I think I am starting to lean towards just biting the bullet and going with Cobbo, particularly if we can somehow get a 9.
Hoy could be okay.. But I wouldn't want to spend much at all on him.

I am feeling the same way about Cobbo, especially when we see how well Walsh and Sam Walker are doing.

Maybe we need to just take the big punt on Cobbo out the back.

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Gagai
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds

To me, that backline looks very solid. The best way to get Cobbo ready to play fullback is to just start playing him there in the NRL.. It's kind of a risk worth taking with no real ramifications.. Let's just test it out and not freak out if it doesn't work immediately.. Give him time. I would love for Kev to just come out and say Cobbo is our fullback for 2022 before the pre season even starts. Let's get some sort of certainty into the minds of our players about what their positions are going into the season.. We can't be shuffling around our line up every week. That's a recipe for disaster. I don't want Staggs to be stuck in two minds about whether he's a centre or a 6... Decide in the off season where he's playing in 2022 and stick to it.

1. Cobbo
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds
9. Paix

Seems awfully similar to

1. Mitchell
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
9. Cook

At least we know this formula works for a spine.

I'd bite the bullet with cobbo at this stage too saves buying anyone that's on the market now for say 300k and could be no better, im happy to source from what we've got til something worth signing comes up. It might take cobbo abit of time but he can only improve if he has the support around him. A solid half in Reynolds will make cobbos job easier in attack.

I think a serious war chest is being built for 2023.

Unfortunately I also think Kevvie is the Dean Pay for Broncos where he has to wear the shit roster during his tenure only for someone else to come in and spend all the money.

Let's just hope to fucking God it's not Paul Green holding the cheque book in 2023

Hoy is trash... I know you've not seen much footy this year, but knights are where they are in large part to having Hoy as back up to Ponga whilst he's been injured for most of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Astro
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Tmac
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Stix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.