Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Robati start at lock next year? Could be quite handy there. Kobe at 9.

Badel claims we are almost $1 million over the salary cap for this season ... which seams strange given the NRL have allowed us to take the field every week
Badel is well and truly butt hurt that the leaks from within the club have stopped and he is not the bronco's "journalist" of choice these days. So is just making shit up and trying to cause as much damage as he can. Pathetic.

Badel claims we are almost $1 million over the salary cap for this season ... which seams strange given the NRL have allowed us to take the field every week
Did you actually read the article? He said we were not are.

Did you actually read the article? He said we were not are.

We hadn't lost a million dollars worth of contract value until Lodge left. Which means that even if I used the wrong word, we still would have been over until we released Lodge ... unless of course the Dragons picked up the full tab for Bird.

We hadn't lost a million dollars worth of contract value until Lodge left. Which means that even if I used the wrong word, we still would have been over until we released Lodge ... unless of course the Dragons picked up the full tab for Bird.

Given the cap is based on a full year of salary payments, we weren't over the cap at all during the year but we would've been if we hadn't jettisoned Lodge. So by a technicality, we haven't breached the cap.

WTF were White and Nolan doing getting us into this situation though? I'm glad Ikin and Donaghy aren't in favour of POs because they've really fucked us over these last few years with Kahu, Bird and Macca.

Given the cap is based on a full year of salary payments, we weren't over the cap at all during the year but we would've been if we hadn't jettisoned Lodge. So by a technicality, we haven't breached the cap.

WTF were White and Nolan doing getting us into this situation though? I'm glad Ikin and Donaghy aren't in favour of POs because they've really fucked us over these last few years with Kahu, Bird and Macca.

while true, the NRL take that into consideration, before the season starts.

they assuming that we will finish the season with the players contracts that we have registered, if our registered contracts would take us over the cap at some point in the season, they would force us to be cap compliant by round 1 ... they certainly wouldn't register any more contracts with us (like they did for Copley and Asiata)

And they went over the salary cap on a bunch of spuds that took us to the spoon... Exactly the same as happened to Parramatta.

Nolan must put a helluva Powerpoint presentation together when he applies for jobs...

A lot of talk from the commentators in the Warriors game about Walsh and how his form has dipped, it's a long season, hard for a kid to handle the week to week grind.......

So maybe KW was actually right after all
That doesn't fit the narrative of **** the broncos though.

Walsh was always going to have a dip, just like Walker has had a dip. Thats why we from what I have read, wanted Walsh to get his reps in in QCUP, he didn't want to.

Its a shame that we lost him because he is obviously very talented, but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.