Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Payten as coach was a strange choice from the start. Townsend was then a strange buy. Strange club now.
Not complaining though. I wish them many years of awful results, particularly if we can start rising again.

Thurston was the only thing keeping that club relevant and it brings me great great joy seeing how badly they are going, and are recruiting.

Not complaining though. I wish them many years of awful results, particularly if we can start rising again.

Thurston was the only thing keeping that club relevant and it brings me great great joy seeing how badly they are going, and are recruiting.
As much as I love beating the cows, as a Queenslander to the core, I would be far happier if all 3 Queensland were up at the top end. Having all three clubs suffering is not a good thing as far as our Qld squad is concerned.

Having a better preforming team means they can take more risks on juniors coming through and they join a winning culture. None of them are really getting that in the current environment.

As much as I love beating the cows, as a Queenslander to the core, I would be far happier if all 3 Queensland were up at the top end. Having all three clubs suffering is not a good thing as far as our Qld squad is concerned.

Having a better preforming team means they can take more risks on juniors coming through and they join a winning culture. None of them are really getting that in the current environment.
Agreed it's good if all three qld clubs are successful. I just want the cows to lose, often and horribly.

He has been Muslim for a few years, IIRC.
Islam is a pretty blunt stick that, at its best, can help temper a young man's urges.

Payne might've been a practicing Muslim last year, but it didn't stop him having a child out of wedlock, or losing his rag on the turps. You can tell he's become increasingly observant this year - Ramadan, the beard, etc - and it looks like that applies to alcohol.

You can't really project any religion's virtues with a blanket, but Payne, as a Muslim, a father and a Broncos leader, seems to be trying harder not to be a ****. On the field, and around the club, we can't fault him.

They should have built that stadium when Thurston was still playing.

Nah Titans can get farked! Happy for the cows to do well just preferably not beat at the death in a GF again.

Well, you consider the embellishment wrong. Firstly, i dont know where you got this from i said about him being charged with dangerous driving of a motor vehicle. So you should really retract that statement as its something you just made up, i never said it. You are accusing me of something i havent even said to suit your argument. I said he was driving dangerously. Initially, he lost his learners license, for speeding, and speeding is dangerous, especially for an inexperienced driver. He then made the choice to break the law even though he knew it was the wrong thing to do. You would think with the tragic background of his brother he would be a little more thoughtful about what he does behind the wheel. I'll stand by what i said, any form of not paying attention on the road is dangerous. And for the record, i can say i've never, ever pulled my phone out in the car an checked it. Have my reasons why, and its just not something i need to do, especially with the technology available today. I'm still not seeing any embellishment whatsoever.

The cop incident has been done to death, but his behaviour was disgraceful. Maybe i'm old fashioned, but you dont threaten women, especially when they are just doing their job. I've seen my wife attacked by drunken and drugged up idiots in her job when she worked in emergency and i've simply got very little tolerence for people like that. Even though he didnt follow through with his threats, its not something that would come out of a decent persons mouth, drunk or not. He's got no excuses.

He hasnt done the things the others you have mentioned have done, but i dont compare him to people at other clubs, he plays for the club i follow and i'd like to think our players are better than that. I dont respect those players that much either in a lot of ways. I dont dislike him. I've got a lower opinion of him than i used to have after this last incident, but i hope thats the last we see of things like that. The one thing is though, even some of his offences may be considered minor, he has been involved in some kind of trouble in 3 out of his 4 years in first grade. Thats not a great track record for a 21 year old.

It was a mistake from a drunk kid, who lost his brother and like we all have in our time been hassled by police. No one was actually hurt, so excuse me if I skip the pearl clutching.
Has he shown a pattern of this particular behavior? NO!

Oh no he was in a car unlicensed in a paddock. THE HORROR!!!

Geez Payne's just a young fella. He is not going too bad off the field, all things considered. No doubt he has some growing up to do, but we all did at that age and likely still do unless your @Huge and have achieved all worldly wisdom. He will learn from his mistakes, and be better for it. No need to crucify him at this point. We just need him to work on his defensive consistency and offloads so he can rightly claim the title of undisputed best foward in the game :)

It was a mistake from a drunk kid, who lost his brother and like we all have in our time been hassled by police. No one was actually hurt, so excuse me if I skip the pearl clutching.
Has he shown a pattern of this particular behavior? NO!

Oh no he was in a car unlicensed in a paddock. THE HORROR!!!

I've lost a brother from brain cancer but I didn't feel the need to abuse anyone because of it. I think thats a pretty lame excuse for bad behaviour tbh. And he wasn't in a paddock when he lost his license, or in a paddock when he decided to drive while suspended instead of getting one of his team mates to take him to training or get in a taxi. He was on the road.

I've lost a brother from brain cancer but I didn't feel the need to abuse anyone because of it. I think thats a pretty lame excuse for bad behaviour tbh. And he wasn't in a paddock when he lost his license, or in a paddock when he decided to drive while suspended instead of getting one of his team mates to take him to training or get in a taxi. He was on the road.
Meh, sorry but giving cops a bit of verbal abuse is really low on the give a **** scale. They give as good as they take, and "female" cop, double meh. She's a cop, he showed the ultimate respect by verbally abusing her equally to the male cops.

Meh, sorry but giving cops a bit of verbal abuse is really low on the give a **** scale. They give as good as they take, and "female" cop, double meh. She's a cop, he showed the ultimate respect by verbally abusing her equally to the male cops.

This whole thing though really isn't about what people's standards are concerning what Haas or anyone has done. Everyone is going to have differing opinions on how serious they think an incident is or isn't. I clearly think he has been out of line a lot worse than you for example and that's fine.I was originally saying that if we are serious about raising standards, we can't keep serial offenders around even if they are quality players. We have to draw the line somewhere about what's acceptable for a Broncos player to be doing in public. It would be nice if just for one year we didn't have idiots breaking covid rules, or abusing cops, or making homophobic slurs to fans who just want a picture.

This whole thing though really isn't about what people's standards are concerning what Haas or anyone has done. Everyone is going to have differing opinions on how serious they think an incident is or isn't. I clearly think he has been out of line a lot worse than you for example and that's fine.I was originally saying that if we are serious about raising standards, we can't keep serial offenders around even if they are quality players. We have to draw the line somewhere about what's acceptable for a Broncos player to be doing in public. It would be nice if just for one year we didn't have idiots breaking covid rules, or abusing cops, or making homophobic slurs to fans who just want a picture.
I agree mate but they're a young squad so we're going to have problems.

Even Melbourne have problems every other year. Curtis Scott, Solo Moaner punching the shit out of people, Proctor and Brom getting on the white horse.

When you have a bunch of elite fit, star young men all together there's always going to be teething problems you just have to nurture them and hope they develop into good men.

I wait to see how players perform before forming an opinion.

It seems strange to see a Townsville born and raised nrl player not wanted by the Townsville team. I mean, it doesn't sound like it was a bidding war. That being the case it may be that he wants a change although I cannot help wondering why he'd want to leave. Intriguing signing and you can bet I will watch him closely as I do all our forwards.
I know that while he had always been fairly solid on the field, he got held back because he just wasn't proffesional enough off it and by the time it clicked with him I think the Cowboys had just had enough.

I agree mate but they're a young squad so we're going to have problems.

Even Melbourne have problems every other year. Curtis Scott, Solo Moaner punching the shit out of people, Proctor and Brom getting on the white horse.

When you have a bunch of elite fit, star young men all together there's always going to be teething problems you just have to nurture them and hope they develop into good men.
Yeah other wise you get stuck with a bunch of nerds like Carrigan and Bullemor and don’t win anything unless golden point changes to a sudoku contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Waynesaurus
  • Justwin
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Aldo
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Scorchie
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.