Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why we wouldn't want to hold on to Bullemor though, he looks the goods and is under contract, especially given Willison will be out for part of next season and Carrigan is coming back from a busted knee.

We aren't going to keep all these young blokes, especially when we need to bring in some older guys. We need to be smart on who we keep. In saying that, I'm a fan of Bull. He's got a bit about him and is a point of difference in our pack. I'd be surprised if Ikin and Co. don't feel the same way.
He is a middle, 100kg plus and he is still one of the fastest in the squad.

He is smart, runs good lines/hits gaps, supports team mates better than any other forward we have, can get a quick play the ball and good PCMs.

He is a forward that is highly suited to vlandy's ball. We would be really silly to let him go.

I don't understand why we wouldn't want to hold on to Bullemor though, he looks the goods and is under contract, especially given Willison will be out for part of next season and Carrigan is coming back from a busted knee.

maybe he turned down our offer.

or maybe he's said he won't re-sign until he tests the market

or maybe we decided to use the money we would spend on him to lure Starling (or another quality hooker) instead.

maybe he turned down our offer.

or maybe he's said he won't re-sign until he tests the market

or maybe we decided to use the money we would spend on him to lure Starling (or another quality hooker) instead.

Yeah I get all of that but apparently Read said he has been given permission to look around, at least that is how I heard it and given he is contracted for next year and as I mentioned the injuries to Willison and Carrigan, just strange to let him do it.

Yeah I get all of that but apparently Read said he has been given permission to look around, at least that is how I heard it and given he is contracted for next year and as I mentioned the injuries to Willison and Carrigan, just strange to let him do it.

not necessarily ... depends on the situation

edit: has he actually been given permission to negotiate for the 2022 season or just allowed to get a head start on the 2023 season, so we know how much we'll have to play with if he chooses to leave

Jayden Campbell son of Preston Campbell looks like a promising FB. Add him to the watchlist.

here is Ready's mail so people can freak out by hearing the report first hand (instead of 2nd, 3rd hand etc)

not much there, just repeat's the story from Dobbo, says he's checked with Manly and they're interested ... doesn't seem to know much more (then just starts speculating)

starts at 3 mins 30 seconds

edit: although he doesn't mention Badel by name ... he laughs at Badel's report that we want to get Walsh back here given that he isn't off contract until the end of 2024 and the Warriors will never let him go early (since they went all on on him as a replacement for RTS)

Fifita is on a hiding to nothing but he won't give a shit on that salary, he can't win them games of football given that he himself is still trying to find his way in the NRL

It's easy to say it now but we probably made the right call, despite all of our efforts to keep him

Daily Telegraph reporting that the Broncos are one of 3 clubs to enquire in to Tom Starling.

He's contracted until the end of 2022 at the Raiders, but has a clause in his contract to get out after this season if he wants.

That would be a phenomenal signing.

the other 2 clubs circling Starling are apparently the Dragons and Eels.

IMO he'd be foolish to got to either because he'd go from being behind Hodgson to being behind Macca and Mahoney respectively

the other 2 clubs circling Starling are apparently the Dragons and Eels.

IMO he'd be foolish to got to either because he'd go from being behind Hodgson to being behind Macca and Mahoney respectively
Apparently Mahoney has done a pretty good number on his shoulder, where they have to do the hole bone graft thingy instead of just a labrum fix, Very scientific 😉 My best mate had it done, it was his last choice. After other surgeries.

you have to look wonder if it was worth bringing him back this season, instead of getting surgery as this particular injury only happens after the shoulder is already vulnerable. From what I’m told at least. (I’ve had two myself) I always cringe when I see players come back early from labrum injuries.

If we get rid of Bullemor, I'll lead the charge for Kevvie and Ikin to be sacked.

He's going to be a damaging front rower in the future.

Yeah I really rate the Bullemore, also want starling.

Fifita is on a hiding to nothing but he won't give a shit on that salary, he can't win them games of football given that he himself is still trying to find his way in the NRL

It's easy to say it now but we probably made the right call, despite all of our efforts to keep him
I reckon Fifita and Staggs would of made a hell of a centre pairing had we moved him there, unfortunately it isn't worth finding out now.

If we get rid of Bullemor, I'll lead the charge for Kevvie and Ikin to be sacked.

He's going to be a damaging front rower in the future.
I agree about Bullemor becoming a damaging forward. But we can't keep them all.

If Bullemor is wanting more game time, are we in a position to give it to him with our forward depth?

As much as it would suck to lose him, I don't think we are.

It was easy to say at the time tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Jedhead
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • The Don
  • cento
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
  • mystico
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrRobot
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Manlyman
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.