Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mention of Isaako amongst the candidates... I'm sure it was just a slip up from Kevvie to forget about him, but suggests he's so far down the pecking order in Kevvie's mind that he's forgotten about him
he does mention him there though, “We're also going to put some work into Selwyn Cobbo and Herbie Farnworth, and of course you've got Jamayne Isaako there as well."

I do remember at one point about the time selwyn extended that Tesi was said to be a long term centre option.
All 4 have their pros and cons just finding which one is best suited and wants to iron out their flaws
Cobbo seems to have the highest ceiling at fullback fo the 3 but who knows

Reynolds looks good. Hope he can be one of those rare players that keeps his level over the age of 30
To me, he looks like an aging HB whose body is succumbing slowly due to playing RL since the age of 5. Don't get me wrong, he will aid the Broncos immensely. His footy brain and leadership alone will be worth the price of admission. But if they don't find a quality 6 to partner him, then his effectiveness will be severely stymied. He is desperately going to miss having Cody Walker in his back pocket.

he does mention him there though, “We're also going to put some work into Selwyn Cobbo and Herbie Farnworth, and of course you've got Jamayne Isaako there as well."
I just really hope we don’t play musical chairs for half the season before he settles on someone.

Don't be surprised if he is playing elsewhere next year - have a feeling there are at least 1-2 more players on the move this off season
Yep, I don’t think he will be here next year.

Cobbo seems to have the highest ceiling at fullback fo the 3 but who knows
To me, he looks like an aging HB whose body is succumbing slowly due to playing RL since the age of 5. Don't get me wrong, he will aid the Broncos immensely. His footy brain and leadership alone will be worth the price of admission. But if they don't find a quality 6 to partner him, then his effectiveness will be severely stymied. He is desperately going to miss having Cody Walker in his back pocket.
I think the key to this season will be Kevvie's rapport with Adam. At this stage of Adam's career, he's not there to learn, but to teach. And that's going to be a massive weight lifted from Kevvie's shoulders, if he chooses to accept it. But if Adam does a Darius, we're fucked. Really fucked.

Adam's part of the best spine in the business right now, and with Latrell, up there with some of the greatest. He'll have some idea of what he wants and who he prefers. Kevvie will get to trial every possible combination around him over the pre-season, but when it comes to the opening round, let's hope they're both on the same page.

At this point, 7 is the only lock. Every other position is up for grabs. Adam will never have played in a team this uncertain before.

But that’s the same vice versa… Cody Walker doesn’t have to do the heavy lifting and just inputs himself when and where he wants, next year that will be very different with Milford and a rookie half alongside him.

I am hoping Albert Kelly is savvy enough to fill that Walker role. I think he is to be honest.. He's pretty underrated.

I think the key to this season will be Kevvie's rapport with Adam. At this stage of Adam's career, he's not there to learn, but to teach. And that's going to be a massive weight lifted from Kevvie's shoulders, if he chooses to accept it. But if Adam does a Darius, we're fucked. Really fucked.

Adam's part of the best spine in the business right now, and with Latrell, up there with some of the greatest. He'll have some idea of what he wants and who he prefers. Kevvie will get to trial every possible combination around him over the pre-season, but when it comes to the opening round, let's hope they're both on the same page.

At this point, 7 is the only lock. Every other position is up for grabs. Adam will never have played in a team this uncertain before.
Payne says hello

Payne says hello
Of course. You are right. I was only thinking of the spine and backs.

Payne along with Capewell, and Flegler when he returns are locked in. The rest are musical chairs.

Of course. You are right. I was only thinking of the spine and backs.

Payne along with Capewell, and Flegler when he returns are locked in. The rest are musical chairs.

Staggs?

1. Selwyn Cobbo
2. Corey Oates
3. Tesi Niu
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Herbie Farnworth
6. Albert Kelly
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Kobe Hetherington
10. Ryan James
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jordan Riki
13. Patrick Carrigan
17. Xavier Willison

18. Brendan Piakura
19. Corey Jensen
20. Brenko Lee
21. Jordan Pereira
22. Billy Walters
23. Tyson Gamble
24. Rhys Kennedy
25. Keenan Palasia
26. Jake Turpin
27. David Mead
28. Jamayne Isaako
29. Logan Bayliss
30. Jesse Arthars

Now I just sit and wait for someone to yell at me that Hetherington is not a hooker...

Personally, I think he would make a good starting 9 with Carrigan at 13.

Ryan James can come off the field after 15-25 mins, Carrigan can switch to prop and Paix can come on at 9 with Hetherington switching to 13.

To me, this line up is how we get our best 17 out on the field..

Now that we have Brenko and Pereira as depth in the backline, we can afford to drop someone if they are not performing.

( If you don't like Cobbo at FB just switch him to centre and Niu to FB, not a big deal )

1. Selwyn Cobbo
2. Corey Oates
3. Tesi Niu
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Herbie Farnworth
6. Albert Kelly
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Kobe Hetherington
10. Ryan James
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jordan Riki
13. Patrick Carrigan
17. Xavier Willison

18. Brendan Piakura
19. Corey Jensen
20. Brenko Lee
21. Jordan Pereira
22. Billy Walters
23. Tyson Gamble
24. Rhys Kennedy
25. Keenan Palasia
26. Jake Turpin
27. David Mead
28. Jamayne Isaako
29. Logan Bayliss
30. Jesse Arthars

Now I just sit and wait for someone to yell at me that Hetherington is not a hooker...

Personally, I think he would make a good starting 9 with Carrigan at 13.

Ryan James can come off the field after 15-25 mins, Carrigan can switch to prop and Paix can come on at 9 with Hetherington switching to 13.

To me, this line up is how we get our best 17 out on the field..

Now that we have Brenko and Pereira as depth in the backline, we can afford to drop someone if they are not performing.

( If you don't like Cobbo at FB just switch him to centre and Niu to FB, not a big deal )
Kobe isn't a hooker.
Niu was horrendous at centre defensively, Lee, Herbie and Isaako better options there.
James isn't good enough to start, much better options available.
Carrigan is a prop.

Niu was horrendous at centre defensively,

It's hard to know where to actually play Tesi, I don't particularly rate him at fullback, I think he looked at his best in attack when playing at centre but yeah his defense was pretty terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brotherdu
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lurker
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dazza 92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.