Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about this the other day, I see riki far more versatile on the bench, where as everything I’ve read on here about piakura is he’s an out and out edge forward.
It would make the most sense in the long term view of things.

11. Capewell
12. Piakura

Lock those edges in for the next few years..

Riki reminds me of Tino. Maybe we should turn him into a middle forward soon-ish and start Piakura on the right edge.

Thoughts on this?
I agree except Piakurq mostly plays on the left, and Capewell plays on the right.

Riki played lock for jr kiwis - captain I think

I agree except Piakurq mostly plays on the left, and Capewell plays on the right.

Riki played lock for jr kiwis - captain I think
Oh okay, not a big issue haha. Whichever sides of the field they are best on.. Lock em in.

Riki has the size and aggression to play in the middle, could definitely play there and be quite damaging too. I could see him backing up Haas quite well.

I think all the Q Cup games I’ve seen of Peeks (admittedly not many), I always thought he was on the right.

I think all the Q Cup games I’ve seen of Peeks (admittedly not many), I always thought he was on the right.
I’m sure he’s probably capable of both. I’ve always thought he was on the left though. @1910 can probably clear that up. Sure he was on the left for QLD and many other games

I really don’t know.
@Sproj probably just assumed that because you’ve used “big dawg” (especially “for more street cred with the young people” 🤣🤣), you’d be all over his latest nickname…

E7B1DDBE 5673 42F7 A886 4E125D1F0E7F

P.S. love it 😂

I've commented on his ability as a footballer, after watching him play football.
You've commented on his likelihood of him abusing alcohol and suffering from mental health, by watching him play football.

Notice the difference?
Yes but you are passing judgment on a 19 yo in his first season and you have effectively written him off as a first grader, hence my original comment regarding Walker and my Nostradamus comment. Unless you have a crystal ball, you cannot conclusively judge that he won't make it.

But I guess I should not be surprised that (a) you are judgmental and (b) you think you know it all.

For those discussing the ball playing lock vs middle forward (another prop) lock i would suggest watching the latest Matty johns podcast if you can.

He and cronk talk about yeo and his role in the panthers.very interesting listening to a football show actually talk about football for once.

Yes but you are passing judgment on a 19 yo in his first season and you have effectively written him off as a first grader, hence my original comment regarding Walker and my Nostradamus comment. Unless you have a crystal ball, you cannot conclusively judge that he won't make it.

But I guess I should not be surprised that (a) you are judgmental and (b) you think you know it all.
I believe I said he could struggle to cement himself as a first grader. Struggling and a write off are very different. I don't recall that I conclusively judged that he won't make it.

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that (a) you can't read (b) you think you know anything.

I too tried to point this out to the thickhead but he just keeps repeating his error. Stupid judgemental statements of absolute certainty. It's kind of obvious he's young and hopefully will learn as he ages. All you and I are trying to do is save him from making dumb proclamations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.