Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I know for a fact that TPJ and Lodge were let go because they wanted to get rid of the locker room distraction type players and set a professional culture. If Reece Walsh doesn't fit that, there's no way he comes back.

Whereas, Reece Walsh is such a Wayne Bennett signing.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Dean Ritchie: "Walsh's long term preference is to return to the Broncos "

Also Dean Ritchie (same article): "Walsh may baulk at returning to the Broncos given the club allowed him to controversially walk out last year to the Warriors."

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Also Dean Ritchie (same article): "Walsh may baulk at returning to the Broncos given the club allowed him to controversially walk out last year to the Warriors."
That doesn’t make any sense even for a halfwit like Ritchie. So he would baulk at coming back to a club that released him early and did everything they could to make things smooth for him in spite of how much they were copping for letting him go.

makes complete sense Dean, grab another pie mate.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I know for a fact that TPJ and Lodge were let go because they wanted to get rid of the locker room distraction type players and set a professional culture. If Reece Walsh doesn't fit that, there's no way he comes back.

Whereas, Reece Walsh is such a Wayne Bennett signing.

Like i said earlier, we have 2 players on our books who have been extremely unprofessional on more than one occasion but we stuck by them and gave them both more than one chance to show us they changed. If we are happy to put up with other offenders, dont see really how anyone could have an issue with giving Walsh another shot here ( if the coach is happy with him ) without looking very hypocritical.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
I was filthy when he left but Kevie made a statement to the team about who was in charge of the team and by the end of the year that statement paid up, we had a weaker team but it was a team and they won as a team.

If he doesn’t come back I’m ok with it and hope Cobbo gets a go at fullback but if he comes back, after his lesson that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side, then even better. Walsh at the back with Cobbo and Staggs in the centres would make a killer backline.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

No idea how this guy still has a job, I don't remember the last time he was right about anything.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Walsh is/was a kid when he left. He left for money, it’s as simple as that.
He was badly advised in our eyes, but not to his back pocket.
I dare say his manager told him to jump ship now, make a quick buck and if you don’t love it, we will get you back to the Broncos, titans or the new Brisbane team.
It’ll be very interesting how the Broncos react to the news of him apparently wanting to come home. Do they draw a line in the sand and say nah he walked out on us when we had a plan for him or do they look at it as a bit of a positivite and say he got a bit of first grade experience and could now be better for it.
Hopefully Cobbo is first on the list to get sorted out and from there they then make a call on Walsh.
I reckon he will end up at the Dolphins. He’s got a good relationship with O’Sullivan, Wayne will sell him the dream they have bags and bags of money 😉

E

Evander

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2021
Selwyn isn’t going anywhere, he’s loved the broncos since he was a young fella. It’s his manager trying to get a bidding war going.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Selwyn isn’t going anywhere, he’s loved the broncos since he was a young fella. It’s his manager trying to get a bidding war going.
I don’t really think anyone is arguing your viewpoint on that anymore, it’s pretty much clear as day.

E

Evander

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2021
I completely agree that the kid is a moron for wanting to jump ship, that's not in question - but I think the Broncos handled it the wrong way.

Walsh couldn't sign with Warriors until Broncos released him. When he came asking for a release then the question became a risk-reward... what's to be gained from letting him walk? Nothing. What's to be gained from letting him play? Maybe he lights it up.

At that time we should have sat down with him and told him to stay and given him his crack. Maybe he still would have left for the Warriors (or someone else) later, but at least we had a go and did what we could.
This attitude is the reason the broncos are in this mess. This is the Brisbane broncos were not some shitty club south of the border that kneels down to an 18 year old. Be a bronco or you can piss off. Kevin Walters dealt with the situation perfectly. He drew a line in the sand with letting Walsh go, this club won’t be held to ransom by no one let alone an 18 year old kid that’s done **** all for the club.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
He will now know what he is worth elsewhere. Doesn't matter if he followed the Broncos when he was younger, money talks. Luckily for us, we have the opportunity to get him signed, sealed and delivered before he can hit the market.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I know I'm saying this as a one eyed broncos fan but does any other club have as many players that leave the club for massive amounts of money that actually look and sound way more depressed then when they were at the club.
Fifita looks like he's imitating a sad clown when he plays these days. Ash Taylor looked like he had the world on his shoulders at the titans.
Theres been a lot more the last few years but even sailor never looked as happy as he did at the broncos.

For all the bagging the broncos get regarding player development, the players must have it damn good here and it appears they don't appreciate it until it's gone. They often develop together with their mates, have the best facilities, get great support, and play for the club most of them supported growing up.
Yes other clubs do this... one you'd have to move to Melbourne for (no one in the club is obviously from Melbourne so they have to move there), move to very western Western Sydney for (penriff - they never scab anyway to their credit), or play in front of 3 fans (roosters), with the risk that ALL 3 of these clubs would drop you far quicker then the broncos would (eg Jayden) if you aren't performing in a new system in a new city....

These spoilt little shits have it good at the broncos, time they start EARNING it...

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
This attitude is the reason the broncos are in this mess. This is the Brisbane broncos were not some shitty club south of the border that kneels down to an 18 year old. Be a bronco or you can piss off. Kevin Walters dealt with the situation perfectly. He drew a line in the sand with letting Walsh go, this club won’t be held to ransom by no one let alone an 18 year old kid that’s done **** all for the club.
I completely agree with you but we seem to be the only club kneeling down to an 18 year old. I guess the roosters are trying to make Sualli as happy as Larry could possibly be but it isn’t the same predicament context or scale

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I know I'm saying this as a one eyed broncos fan but does any other club have as many players that leave the club for massive amounts of money that actually look and sound way more depressed then when they were at the club.
Fifita looks like he's imitating a sad clown when he plays these days. Ash Taylor looked like he had the world on his shoulders at the titans.
Theres been a lot more the last few years but even sailor never looked as happy as he did at the broncos.

For all the bagging the broncos get regarding player development, the players must have it damn good here and it appears they don't appreciate it until it's gone. They often develop together with their mates, have the best facilities, get great support, and play for the club most of them supported growing up.
Yes other clubs do this... one you'd have to move to Melbourne for (no one in the club is obviously from Melbourne so they have to move there), move to very western Western Sydney for (penriff - they never scab anyway to their credit), or play in front of 3 fans (roosters), with the risk that ALL 3 of these clubs would drop you far quicker then the broncos would (eg Jayden) if you aren't performing in a new system in a new city....

These spoilt little shits have it good at the broncos, time they start EARNING it...
100%. Not an ounce of doubt about what you just fucken said. The boys always want the easy route and find out the hard way why those clubs are willing to pay significant overs to get them. They are desperate and poorly run. Only bloke of that crop of entitled lot to actually end up at a contending club who recruits smartly was Xavier. Even I don’t blame him for taking that deal. Storm is one of the few places that probably would be more desirable workplace than ours.

Those boys have it so fucken good here and they learn that the hard way. They can’t handle 2 minutes of pressure or being told to sit it out and develop. Sitting it out and develop doesn’t mean you won’t get an NRL game or two here and there it just means your not playing week in week out. I genuinely feel sorry for the fellas that work their ass off and aren’t considered sublime youthful talent and lose any dying hope of opportunity to make a side. Yes there is obviously an acceptable level of players playing at a young age. Haas and Selwyn just to name a few. Time players get some tough love and we force their hand in whether they want the money or the broncos more. If they want to see out their options they either don’t want to be at the broncos enough or value money more, either way I say don’t let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
No way to Walsh.

Culture and attitude beats talent!

Our last 15 years have shown this.

And anyway.... who do we sacrifice for this bloke? Cobbo to centre? We may lose cobbo for that decision alone but if we don't then we lose mariner who is supposedly an absolute gun. Maybe we put him to 5/8th? No thanks anyway! But if we did we potentially lose mam, no no no.
Everyone could see this happening. His career with be continuous speculation and controversy combined with over-ratedness. People who say he is a superstar already and "replaced" rts need to sit down and watch 80 MINUTES of games rather then the 2 mins highlight package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Horseheadsup
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.