Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
I'd argue that's the club's failing. Allowing them to get too ahead of themselves.

Part of an academy should also be about teaching them humility.. tough as 18yo shits the media talk up. .

But this is one of the problems the club has to solve.

It had been coming for a long time. There’s twinkles all throughout his content for Keebra Park

Would take him back if there were behaviour clauses; reality is he jumped early because he was a kid, really

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Three year development deal for Braithen Scott, he will stay at Valleys and St.Mary's and play CC this year for Clydesdales.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Three year development deal for Braithen Scott, he will stay at Valleys and St.Mary's and play CC this year for Clydesdales.

what position?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I don’t think he’s as good as the media hype him up to be, but I’d let Herbie walk for Walsh any day of the week.

I wouldn't ...

let's assume we did ... Walsh would just try to get out of his deal the first time better money/better opportunity/something doesn't go his way.

the only way i'd risk going after Walsh is if he signed 1 year deals, because let's face it waste of time signing him longer (he is reportedly trying to break the second NRL deal of his career (and he's only had bloody 2) ... AND it didn't cost us any players

B

Bronco06

BRL Player
Oct 26, 2021
does anyone believe we gave the warriors Jesse athers in order to get in the warriors good books to try and get Walsh back? Just a thought but probably not the case.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I wouldn't ...

let's assume we did ... Walsh would just try to get out of his deal the first time better money/better opportunity/something doesn't go his way.

the only way i'd risk going after Walsh is if he signed 1 year deals, because let's face it waste of time signing him longer (he is reportedly trying to break the second NRL deal of his career (and he's only had bloody 2) ... AND it didn't cost us any players
Although he is quite shit in defence, Walsh has already proven that he’s a gun in attack, and that’s in a terrible team with no direction. If we signed him you’d just put him at fullback and know you’re making a massive improvement to your spine.

In terms of our current options at fb. Cobbo is a great player but hasn’t proven he is a weapon at the back and can also easily just play centre or wing in the same team as WAlsh. Herbie is a winger only in my opinion who is athletic and does the hard stuff well, but his decision making and ball playing are extremely poor to the point where you can’t even trust him to play centre because he messes up 2 on 1s frequently. Tesi is ok, but probably won’t evolve into a top 4 full back.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Although he is quite shit in defence, Walsh has already proven that he’s a gun in attack, and that’s in a terrible team with no direction. If we signed him you’d just put him at fullback and know you’re making a massive improvement to your spine.

In terms of our current options at fb. Cobbo is a great player but hasn’t proven he is a weapon at the back and can also easily just play centre or wing in the same team as WAlsh. Herbie is a winger only in my opinion who is athletic and does the hard stuff well, but his decision making and ball playing are extremely poor to the point where you can’t even trust him to play centre because he messes up 2 on 1s frequently. Tesi is ok, but probably won’t evolve into a top 4 full back.

no one's doubting his talent.

but why risk losing anyone for a player who has so far proven that he is not prepared to see contracts through ... too high a risk.

IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
no one's doubting his talent.

but why risk losing anyone for a player who has so far proven that he is not prepared to see contracts through ... too high a risk.
Isn't he too small? Thinking of another fullback that was this short and still elite? Robbie O'Davis? That is dating me though... has to be more recent examples :)

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Isn't he too small? Thinking of another fullback that was this short and still elite? Robbie O'Davis? That is dating me though... has to be more recent examples :)
Reece Walsh - 1.77m
Billy Slater - 1.78m
Matt Dufty - 1.79m
Ryan Papenhuyzen - 1.81m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Foordy
  • blacknwhite
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.