Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
He's a genuine superstar but look at our talent coming through, he isn't going to be as big a loss as a genuine half would be.
Agreed. He could deadset become an immortal if he is able to keep progressing (will be hard to do! Just ask lolo), but he won't win us a premiership without a great spine in the side.
I can't believe teams like the titans have followed our model of massive amount of the salary cap in your forwards and nothing in the spine. It does not work!
Willison and te kura will not be haas, but if they can be 60% of haas each then it I'd prefer a gun spine EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE WEEK...

Having said all this, I think the way haas is speaking is actually positive toward him staying...

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Or to put the team around him to keep him hungry
Yeah I think Ikin and Reynolds (and hopefully making finals) will be enough to keep him. I think if we miss finals again he’ll probably think he’ll have to go elsewhere and after what the teams been through that’s probably fair.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Agreed. He could deadset become an immortal if he is able to keep progressing (will be hard to do! Just ask lolo), but he won't win us a premiership without a great spine in the side.
I can't believe teams like the titans have followed our model of massive amount of the salary cap in your forwards and nothing in the spine. It does not work!
Willison and te kura will not be haas, but if they can be 60% of haas each then it I'd prefer a gun spine EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE WEEK...

Having said all this, I think the way haas is speaking is actually positive toward him staying...

Yeah I think you are right, it seems he just wants to see the team play finals and that is more than fair enough. Why sign on if the team is going to stay cellar dwellers? I can understand that from Haas.

The chink in the armour of all of this of course is that the Roosters will manage to sign him for 200k even though everyone else will be offering a million plus.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Haas is absolutely a must keep. You do not win premierships without an elite forward. Prop or lock is without question the most important position after the spine.

Once we aren't a shit show anymore he'll have good reason to stick around. DD will make sure of it.

If we're still a shit show in 2 years, then he'd be crazy to waste his career here.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Haas is absolutely a must keep. You do not win premierships without an elite forward. Prop or lock is without question the most important position after the spine.

Once we aren't a shit show anymore he'll have good reason to stick around. DD will make sure of it.

If we're still a shit show in 2 years, then he'd be crazy to waste his career here.
Minimum semifinals this year, look at me me I’m turning into wolfie with the 30+ calls.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
after the spine
Exactly...... and if you're spending most of your money on your forwards you don't get one... Melbourne haven't spent >800,000 on a forward at any point during their success, same with the Roosters. Yet we HAVE TO? Haha I don't reckon...

I think we should wait rather then him waiting. If cobbo, mam and/or mozer fulfil their potentials then they will be far bigger loses then haas. Maybe they won't, but we have at least another year to see what happens.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Exactly...... and if you're spending most of your money on your forwards you don't get one... Melbourne haven't spent >800,000 on a forward at any point during their success, same with the Roosters. Yet we HAVE TO? Haha I don't reckon...

I think we should wait rather then him waiting. If cobbo, mam and/or mozer fulfil their potentials then they will be far bigger loses then haas. Maybe they won't, but we have at least another year to see what happens.
NAS is on 800k I'm pretty sure, SBW was on a million in today's cap %, Angus is definitely on 800k+

Melbourne are weird though, they just seem to have a perfectly balanced squad no matter who comes or goes.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah I think you are right, it seems he just wants to see the team play finals and that is more than fair enough. Why sign on if the team is going to stay cellar dwellers? I can understand that from Haas.

The chink in the armour of all of this of course is that the Roosters will manage to sign him for 200k even though everyone else will be offering a million plus.

Its the Rorters and Sonny Bill that have me worried. They only other person i could see him leaving to join is Wayne, but he wont really be around when Payne can move.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
NAS is on 800k I'm pretty sure, SBW was on a million in today's cap %, Angus is definitely on 800k+

Melbourne are weird though, they just seem to have a perfectly balanced squad no matter who comes or goes.
Lol. I'd love to see where you saw nas' contract bcos there's no way ponissi and Bellamy agreed to pay a forward 800,000 who is not an 80 minute player and wasn't even a certain starter until this year when they let finucaine go for less...

And as already mentioned.... the Roosters have their own cap. And even then they only did it for 4 years total of the last 15 years of massive success? So for 11/15 years they didn't......

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Lol. I'd love to see where you saw nas' contract bcos there's no way ponissi and Bellamy agreed to pay a forward 800,000 who is not an 80 minute player and wasn't even a certain starter until this year when they let finucaine go for less...

And as already mentioned.... the Roosters have their own cap. And even then they only did it for 4 years total of the last 15 years of massive success? So for 11/15 years they didn't......
Well that's the only two teams that have had "success" in the last 15 years.

But I can dig deeper, sure thing.

Panthers JFH on huge money I'd say 900k

Storm/Roostersr the 4 years before that already discussed.

Cronulla Anthony Fifita before he was bad/Gallen

2015 - Lolo - $1m forward (before he was a million though I think)
2014 - Burgess- $1m forward
2013 - SBW- $1m forward
Melbourne again
Manly - Watmough/Stewart - both big money forwards although no idea how much
2010 - Bennett team, no one fancy even in the spine but that's Bennett for you.

Beyond that we're going for the archives but we wouldn't have won the 2006 GF without Webcke and Petero.

I would bet any money if Melbourne had Haas they would pay him 900k with no hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Nerd
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Morkel
  • Aldo
  • KickHaas
  • Strop
  • Battler
  • Jedhead
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skyblues87
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Culhwch
  • broncotville
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.