Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a Weidler story up on Payne and how he’s taking his fight with his ex manager to the Supreme Court. His contract details have been tabled in court documents :
2017 – $85,000; 2018 – $110,000; 2019 – $250,000; 2020 – $448,000; 2021 – $548,000; 2022 – $748,000; 2023 – $798,000; 2024 – $848,000.
What is his complaint about his manager? Any chance the outcome could void his contract?

In 2020 or most of the way through 2021 if you’d told me Haas might leave, I’d be super dirty.

But by the way things look to be developing at Brisbane in the latter stages of 2021, and assuming the club stays on the same path, if he walks come the end of his current contract - meh, no biggie.

Sure it would be good to keep him, but I get the feeling we’ll still do well without him.

We seem to have some really good young forwards coming through and, perhaps more importantly, a far better balanced squad to ensure the work they do isn’t wasted.

So, moral to the story. There is no like-for-like replacement for Haas, but I don’t actually think we truly need one now that our squad is taking shape.

That always worries me, wasn't too long ago the same opinion was being spruiked about Fifita, TPJ etc etc and the best Broncos pack in history.

What is his complaint about his manager? Any chance the outcome could void his contract?
I would think he’d have a contract with his manager and one with the Broncos and that they would be standalone instruments from each other.

Unless his manager is found to be completely negligent in his duties, I don’t see how his gripe with his manager could have anything to do with his contract with the club.

That always worries me, wasn't too long ago the same opinion was being spruiked about Fifita, TPJ etc etc and the best Broncos pack in history.
I get what you’re saying, but his current contract ends at the end of 2024, so that gives us at least 18 months (through to roughly the middle of 2023) to get a really good look at what’s coming through before we have to worry about extending Haas.

Most importantly though, we now seem to have the administration / executive team capable of actually planning for the future and ensuring the club doesn’t get left with gaping holes in the roster.

I will say though, I also don’t think the club made any wrong calls in releasing / losing any of the forwards we have over the past year or so, even Fifita, who only left because he was offered ridiculous money.

I get what you’re saying, but his current contract ends at the end of 2024, so that gives us at least 18 months (through to roughly the middle of 2023) to get a really good look at what’s coming through before we have to worry about extending Haas.

Most importantly though, we now seem to have the administration / executive team capable of actually planning for the future and ensuring the club doesn’t get left with gaping holes in the roster.

I will say though, I also don’t think the club made any wrong calls in releasing / losing any of the forwards we have over the past year or so, even Fifita, who only left because he was offered ridiculous money.

I just meant it wasn't too long ago 2-3 years that I was reading best pack ever and we've got this kid and this kid- that all went to hell and now it crops up again.

I think its highly inappropriate for Payne or his manager to be speaking publicly about his contract status right before the season starts. It shows a bit of disrespect for the team and pre season IMO. There's no value to gain except for media attention.

I just meant it wasn't too long ago 2-3 years that I was reading best pack ever and we've got this kid and this kid- that all went to hell and now it crops up again.
You haven't got a pack unless you have senior forwards in the mix of it. We are still borderline in trouble with that having so many of our top forwards under 100 games.

I think its highly inappropriate for Payne or his manager to be speaking publicly about his contract status right before the season starts. It shows a bit of disrespect for the team and pre season IMO. There's no value to gain except for media attention.

You don't get to pick your court date.

He was asked the question. He answered the question..

Pretty sure he was suspended for not answering questions once before and he's learnt his lesson? 🤪

Plus we all saw the circus at NQ when a player didn't answer private questions

100% agree.
De Acuerdo Agree GIF

There’s a Weidler story up on Payne and how he’s taking his fight with his ex manager to the Supreme Court. His contract details have been tabled in court documents :
2017 – $85,000; 2018 – $110,000; 2019 – $250,000; 2020 – $448,000; 2021 – $548,000; 2022 – $748,000; 2023 – $798,000; 2024 – $848,000.

then somebody is going to have to explain to me exactly what he is complaining about.

If it's the value of the early years, then IMO, it's still his fault, because he had every right to tell his manager that he only want to sign a 2 or 3 year deal, and back himself to get the big $$$ earlier.

the figures he will be getting in 2024 is close to the max value i would pay a prop (even the best prop in the game), unless the salary cap goes up.

Honestly not that bothered if he goes after seeing the contract value he is complaining about.....

No doubt the "prestige" of playing for the Roosters, despite playing in empty stadiums and having to pay 4 X the amount for a house, will drive him to play for less then this anyway.

What a great, and non corruptible invention the salary cap was....

Even his early year contracts were pretty good for a player without an NRL game to his name. I think its scaled up pretty well. He's got better every year and so has his contract.

and let's not forget the club were also taking a big risk with a contract this long (especially for a rookie with SFA games to their name)

they were legally obligated to pay those figures regardless of if he had a serious career ending injury or failed to live up to the expectations. if he didn't become as good as he is, i doubt he sues his manager for getting him an $848,000 contract

I think his answers are exactly what I would expect from any player seeking success in the game. He has promised to put in every week to the best of his ability and wants to see some reward for that effort. If the Broncos don't soon show promise that his efforts will be rewarded I can fully understand him wanting to leave. But if we start to make the finals and begin to seriously threaten the comp and he ups and leaves for the Rorters I'll be so disillusioned by the whole setup of the NRL.

I didn’t see too much negativity in Haas’ article.
It is Badel at the end of the day, so of cause he is going to try and sway the article in one particular direction.
imo Haas is as important as Reynolds is. He is a leader on field and will help blokes come/stay for less. He has been apart of the whitest times in the clubs history. He will be stronger for it and it should be driving him to ensure success comes.
If the club can keep the talent around I think in the next 2yrs we will genuinely be pushing for a top 4 position. Haas wants to win, and you cannot blame him. He has carried this team for the last 2yrs atleast. Hopefully he is better managed this year (on field) and it will make for an even better all-rounded footballer.
The likes of Capewell, Reynolds and a fit Staggs will help push this side to where it needs to be. At the end of the day Haas said he is happy and loves the Broncos.
I have enough faith in DD & Ikin that they will get the job done, but the playing group also have a big impact on whether he will stay long term.
For mine there arent many excuses for 2022.
Whilst we still need to get the 1 & 9 positions nailed down, we should atleast be in the 8 this season. Then next year everyone will be a year more experienced and we should really start pushing the better teams.

I didn’t see too much negativity in Haas’ article.
It is Badel at the end of the day, so of cause he is going to try and sway the article in one particular direction.
imo Haas is as important as Reynolds is. He is a leader on field and will help blokes come/stay for less. He has been apart of the whitest times in the clubs history. He will be stronger for it and it should be driving him to ensure success comes.
If the club can keep the talent around I think in the next 2yrs we will genuinely be pushing for a top 4 position. Haas wants to win, and you cannot blame him. He has carried this team for the last 2yrs atleast. Hopefully he is better managed this year (on field) and it will make for an even better all-rounded footballer.
The likes of Capewell, Reynolds and a fit Staggs will help push this side to where it needs to be. At the end of the day Haas said he is happy and loves the Broncos.
I have enough faith in DD & Ikin that they will get the job done, but the playing group also have a big impact on whether he will stay long term.
For mine there arent many excuses for 2022.
Whilst we still need to get the 1 & 9 positions nailed down, we should atleast be in the 8 this season. Then next year everyone will be a year more experienced and we should really start pushing the better teams.

we're not actually talking about the Badel article right now, because i agree he said all the right things.

we're currently talking about his court case against his manager and the reason for it given his contract figure revealed in court documents (for once you can take these as gospel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Hurrijo
  • john1420
  • Griffo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • heartly87
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Pablo
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Broncosgirl
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.