Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notwithstanding Orr is a grub for resigning 2 days before the new rules.

I am that over players crying poor after siging long term contracts.

It's called risk and reward. If you back yourself, sign one year at a time. If you want security sign multiple years and shut your gab during the contract, unless you have renegotiations in your contract.

Even his early year contracts were pretty good for a player without an NRL game to his name. I think its scaled up pretty well. He's got better every year and so has his contract.
I agree. He got the benefit of a longer term contract as a younger player with guaranteed increases. To his credit he outperformed these increases. I also understand we topped up his salary based on goodwill.

I can see why he might be upset with his manager but the Broncos have done what they can in my view.

If he wants to go it will be because he can get way more money and the "benefits" that flow with playing for the roosters. He would be a big loss but we could go for a marquee spine player. Not fifita.

I'd imagine it's his new management getting in his ear that his old manager did him a dirty and we might be able to get some cash out of them.... may not be flagging to him the legal costs to run it up to the supreme court though

I also wonder if there is risk for him living in Sydney.
He's already been in trouble and Sydney seems to attract trouble.

Rothfield now saying hass’s contract could be made null & void if he wins his case & we are desperate to sign Fifita if that happens. Just when you think buzz couldn’t get any more embarrassing he tops himself. His case against his management contract has no impact on his playing contract.

Notwithstanding Orr is a grub for resigning 2 days before the new rules.

I am that over players crying poor after siging long term contracts.

It's called risk and reward. If you back yourself, sign one year at a time. If you want security sign multiple years and shut your gab during the contract, unless you have renegotiations in your contract.
Exactly. I will start feeling sorry for these players the day that one of them comes to the club after there form going to shit to request they hand back some of their salary.

Rothfield now saying hass’s contract could be made null & void if he wins his case & we are desperate to sign Fifita if that happens. Just when you think buzz couldn’t get any more embarrassing he tops himself. His case against his management contract has no impact on his playing contract.

I'm not saying that Rothfield is correct ... or that even if he is correct, Haas will choose to take up that option ...

But IF Haas does elect to take up that option, I say we offer him the exact same terms, if he tries to extort more money off us then we show him the door. we took a risk on him with that length and that expensive a contract, which we signed in good faith.

I'm not saying that Rothfield is correct ... or that even if he is correct, Haas will choose to take up that option ...

But IF Haas does elect to take up that option, I say we offer him the exact same terms, if he tries to extort more money off us then we show him the door. we took a risk on him with that length and that expensive a contract, which we signed in good faith.
100% if Haas somehow manages to null and void his contract and tries to use it as a I'll leave bargaining chip, I'd be happy to show him the door. Attitude comes first.

That being said I'm certain Roth has had one too many wines and doesn't know what he's talking about. It's a management dispute, not a contract with the club dispute.

p.s. Rothfield compared Haas to the SBW situation when he walked out on the Bulldogs in 2008 ... but what he doesn't mention is that SBW's contract was enforcable and Mundine paid a reported 750k release fee to the Bulldogs so SBW could play Union in France

Yeah and poor Haas will cry all the way to his $1m Rooster deal.

Wasnt there an issue where players could void their contracts with Moses or am i imagining things.

I don’t think anyone can be mad at Payne if he leaves. If he continues to play and train as he has until the end of his current deal, he’d have given us 7 years of incredible service most of which so far has been during the clubs lowest point.

After that I think he has more than earned the right to decide where he wants to go next.

I don’t think anyone can be mad at Payne if he leaves. If he continues to play and train as he has until the end of his current deal, he’d have given us 7 years of incredible service most of which so far has been during the clubs lowest point.

After that I think he has more than earned the right to decide where he wants to go next.

if he leaves at the end of his contract absolutely not ... if he uses this dispute with his manager to somehow void his contract, in an attempt to get more money, well now that's a different story

Wasnt there an issue where players could void their contracts with Moses or am i imagining things.
They could terminate their management contract with Moses after he was de registered as an nrl agent, which meant they no longer had to pay him management fees, but it had no impact on their playing contracts with their clubs.

As long as he fulfils his contract I won't have a bad word to say about him. Politis on the other hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Foordy
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • BruiserMk1
  • Rambstien
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.