Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing has been orchestrated from the moment he met SBW and Payne is too naïve to see it. He got him to change religion… a manager is easy!

The whole thing has been orchestrated from the moment he met SBW and Payne is too naïve to see it. He got him to change religion… a manager is easy!
Lol he got him to change religion? Where'd you pull that from

I’m not sure what this prevailing SBW is evil mentality is about. What does SBW get from getting him to change religion or moving to the roosters?

Seems like a guy trying to look out for another young man from a similar background, and trying to land a good player at his old club. It’s just shit for us that it’s not in our favour.

Lol. I'd love to see where you saw nas' contract bcos there's no way ponissi and Bellamy agreed to pay a forward 800,000 who is not an 80 minute player and wasn't even a certain starter until this year when they let finucaine go for less...

And as already mentioned.... the Roosters have their own cap. And even then they only did it for 4 years total of the last 15 years of massive success? So for 11/15 years they didn't......
Yet they won 2 premierships in that period. Presumably you are talking about Cordner.

then somebody is going to have to explain to me exactly what he is complaining about.

If it's the value of the early years, then IMO, it's still his fault, because he had every right to tell his manager that he only want to sign a 2 or 3 year deal, and back himself to get the big $$$ earlier.

the figures he will be getting in 2024 is close to the max value i would pay a prop (even the best prop in the game), unless the salary cap goes up.

He's upset that Orr got him to sign his management deal two days before the rules changed and it cost Haas money. He feels slighted by Orr. Orr should have been on a flat fee not 7%. and the changing of management only needing three months notice- Orr knew all these rule changes and kept them to himself.

It's not to do with his money from the Broncos. He doesn't think Orr has acted in his best interest.

I’m not sure what this prevailing SBW is evil mentality is about. What does SBW get from getting him to change religion or moving to the roosters?

Seems like a guy trying to look out for another young man from a similar background, and trying to land a good player at his old club. It’s just shit for us that it’s not in our favour.
Jumping on a red-eye flight to walk out on the Bulldogs was a fucking douche move.

To then see him in the ear of young, impressionable kids; well, I think that makes people cynical. I don’t blame them.

It just gives off a stench that SBW is like a lobbyist for the roosters... but it's the same with how JT acts with the cows, Tallis with the titans, Billy for the storm, etc.

What most likely pisses people off is SBW played like 1-2 seasons with the roosters, so why is he so attached to them and happy to spruik them... It's a perception that he gets kick backs from Uncle Nick as a commission for getting him players and whenever he pops up talking to a player there must be an ulterior motive that he's pushing for them to head to roosters... couple that with the salary sombrero and people just want Uncle Nick to **** off away from their players.

I think what also might piss us off as broncos fans is we don't seem to have anyone out there spruiking for us... where's Darren, etc. All the superstars of the club seem to get drowned out to nothing more than soundbites nowadays and unable to push the club's case. We're still living off the image built up through the 90's, but 90% of the current players weren't even born then so what have you done recently.

Jumping on a red-eye flight to walk out on the Bulldogs was a fucking douche move.

To then see him in the ear of young, impressionable kids; well, I think that makes people cynical. I don’t blame them.
Fair but that was a very long time ago and he was still young. Plus that bulldogs team was full of grubs - I wouldn’t want to have stayed there either. I think he’s grown a lot as a person since then and from all accounts that’s true.

He's upset that Orr got him to sign his management deal two days before the rules changed and it cost Haas money. He feels slighted by Orr. Orr should have been on a flat fee not 7%. and the changing of management only needing three months notice.

It's not to do with his money from the Broncos. He doesn't think Orr has acted in his best interest.
It's like people didn't even read the article. It's very obvious this is Haas' gripe.

Orr did an absolute grub thing to sign him up to a long term deal 2 days before he knew changes were coming.

I'd be shocked if the court doesn't side with Haas. Orr didn't act in his client's interest.

Fair but that was a very long time ago and he was still young. Plus that bulldogs team was full of grubs - I wouldn’t want to have stayed there either. I think he’s grown a lot as a person since then and from all accounts that’s true.
I couldn’t stand that Bulldogs team either, but Rugby League is a team sport and by doing that, he showed no respect for his teammates.

Good on him if he has grown as a person, as anyone who does that to a bunch of their mates absolutely needs to.

It's like people didn't even read the article. It's very obvious this is Haas' gripe.

Orr did an absolute grub thing to sign him up to a long term deal 2 days before he knew changes were coming.

I'd be shocked if the court doesn't side with Haas. Orr didn't act in his client's interest.
I hope Haas has incurred mega costs associated with this action and the courts award Haas the win and all costs payed by the defendant. Chris Orr advertising a Bentley soon after on Gumtree....

You’re right, I’m sure Khoder’s name has never come up. 🙄

The court case and the link with the rorters are different issues. We all know how Uncle Nick conducts his business.
I don’t think they are entirely unrelated. Haas has a genuine beef, but I think the management stuff is a means to an end, the end being represented by Nasser, directly or otherwise.

Yet they won 2 premierships in that period. Presumably you are talking about Cordner.
Critchon and sbw actually. Cordner (premiership and origin winning captain) was on less then what haas will be on by the end of the contract he is trying to get that out of, way less from reports.

Sbw had a massive effect on that team but people forget they also bought peak Michael Jennings, Luke O'Donnell and JAMES MALONEY that year. So sure, if we can "manage" our cap as well as the Roosters and bring in those calibre players to an already stacked roster AND re-sign haas for more then what SBW was on let's go for it!

**** um glad the fans aren't in charge of our cap haha we tried the "spend it on the best player rather then what we need" technique for the last 15 years, it's a cellar dweller mentality when you're competing against great salary cap "managers" such as the roosters

Don't blame people not reading it if it was pay walled.

It does seem like clubs have little incentive to sign longer contracts.

Not disclosing an interest about to vanish in two days time would be telling, re: the managers best interest being served over the player.

A year of on field success would be helpful for keeping players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Dexter
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Big Del
  • heartly87
  • john1420
  • Morkel
  • Pablo
  • marw
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.