Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
More of being one eyed or more of recruitment from outside Brisbane?
Yes, in regards to recruitment. We need to be as or more aggressive than the top teams. The things said about the Roosters use to apply to us. I wouldn't mind that type of scrutiny again as long as we are winning. We should have an eye on our stocks but also be looking at ready to go options. We should always be in the conversation and a viable option for top tier players.

Our recent moves on the market have shown we are prepared to go out and look. It has been good to see and hopefully equates in the long run to us having quality depth in a range of positions. Like you said in another post, we can't say we have depth yet until all a performing within a small percentile of each other. It is a start but apart from Reynolds and Capewell we recruited moneyball style, which isn't an bad thing either if the club thinks we have the players insitu who could become the future elites.

Yeah not saying he's wrong, just adding my interpretation which may or may not be correct - there's many angles and perspectives and interpretations for these sorts of legal questions.

There's many more informed than I and @lynx000, if I need a lesson in my interpretation of contract law then I'm all ears!
You are correct that this might be a potential argument to vitiate the contract with the Broncos (I would consider it to be a fairly weak argument), but to run that argument he would have to commence proceedings against the Broncos. This has not occurred so Buzz is dribbling again.

Yes, in regards to recruitment. We need to be as or more aggressive than the top teams. The things said about the Roosters use to apply to us. I wouldn't mind that type of scrutiny again as long as we are winning. We should have an eye on our stocks but also be looking at ready to go options. We should always be in the conversation and a viable option for top tier players.

Our recent moves on the market have shown we are prepared to go out and look. It has been good to see and hopefully equates in the long run to us having quality depth in a range of positions. Like you said in another post, we can't say we have depth yet until all a performing within a small percentile of each other. It is a start but apart from Reynolds and Capewell we recruited moneyball style, which isn't an bad thing either if the club thinks we have the players insitu who could become the future elites.
One thing the Roosters do as well, if not better than anyone, is letting guys go just before they peak and start to decline.

And finding their replacement early and on a lesser wage.

There is one thing we can emulate quite easily ourselves if you ask me...

bit of chat on twitter that the panthers are keen on corey oates..... be interesting to see what plays out

Herbie's contract is getting chatter again. Apparently the sticking point is he wants to play right centre, and that's not happening while Kotoni owns it. The Dolphins are waving money at him.

Ben Ikin:

“We certainly want to keep him. Herbie has some interest. He wanted to get through the pre-season before we started stepping through what next year will look like. He wanted to knuckle down and be well prepped for this season. He is a very highly capable player with great versatility. At this stage, he is one of those off-contract players that we’ll start negotiations with and get to the pointy end with when the time is appropriate.”

McHunt

Herbie's contract is getting chatter again. Apparently the sticking point is he wants to play right centre, and that's not happening while Kotoni owns it. The Dolphins are waving money at him.

Ben Ikin:

“We certainly want to keep him. Herbie has some interest. He wanted to get through the pre-season before we started stepping through what next year will look like. He wanted to knuckle down and be well prepped for this season. He is a very highly capable player with great versatility. At this stage, he is one of those off-contract players that we’ll start negotiations with and get to the pointy end with when the time is appropriate.”

McHunt
That may be an admission that he can’t pass right to left

I love his energy & effort, but at the end of the day he is expendable & I wouldn’t be getting into a bidding war to keep him, particularly with Mariner coming through & even Lee. I really can’t see him staying.

That may be an admission that he can’t pass right to left
It's a bit more complicated than that. If you're strongly right handed you'll find it much easier to catch balls coming from your left, and pass balls back the same way. You'll also find it more natural to tackle with your right shoulder and kick in field with your right leg. Which means you'll prefer the right wing. Given most people are right handed, that makes the right wing more competitive.

But in the centres where you receive from one direction and pass to the other you'll find one side easier to receive and the other to pass. Herbie has pretty safe hands so he's probably okay catching from either side, but if he's strongly left handed he'd want to play on the right side. Unless it's the other way around and he feels uncomfortable taking balls with his left hand. I know I hated playing on the left for that reason.

Might make Wayne hurry up - if that’s possible.
clint eastwood kids GIF

Ben Ikin:

McHunt

it's not new chatter it's the same thing they've been regurgitating for months ... they could at least give us something new

it's not new chatter it's the same thing they've been regurgitating for months ... they could at least give us something new

It is, but i've had a change of tune about Herbie. I was convinced he was going to stay, but i think he is going to be moving on now.

Your penis is poking out of your PJ's again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Wolfie
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Hurrijo
  • heartly87
  • broncoscope
  • simplythebest
  • The True King
  • the_next
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.