Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t be mad if they took him now.
Why??

He's on the last year of his contract and he's our first cab off the rank on the wing.

Depth will be tested this year and we cant just send a first grade quality player off, because "reasons"

Why??

He's on the last year of his contract and he's our first cab off the rank on the wing.

Depth will be tested this year and we cant just send a first grade quality player off, because "reasons"
unless we get a fullback in return, we have considerable depth to cover wing and centre.

unless we get a fullback in return, we have considerable depth to cover wing and centre.

not much chance of that happening, according to zero tackle these are the fullback off contract at the end of the season ... and most of them aren't even really fullbacks

Capture

It would be pretty shit to get rid of Oates. If we do end up losing him, I hope we at least look at getting Staines, who is a potentially good fullback and average winger, and that's who Oates would be replacing.

Why do you say that?

I think he will be able to get a better contract than we will offer him really. If we have to be stategic with our recruitment, we can probably cover him with a decent player cheaper and spend the money elsewhere. We are probably keeping our power dry in all honesty to see how both he and Cobbo go plus Hoeter and Lee. If Herbie gets the center spot and kills it there then we may push the boat out on him.

I think he will be able to get a better contract than we will offer him really. If we have to be stategic with our recruitment, we can probably cover him with a decent player cheaper and spend the money elsewhere. We are probably keeping our power dry in all honesty to see how both he and Cobbo go plus Hoeter and Lee. If Herbie gets the center spot and kills it there then we may push the boat out on him.
Smart move by the club.

Electricity and water do not go well together.

As it stands, Herbie will be swimming with the Dolphins…wait…I thought that was bad?

Happy for ferbie & flipper to go if they want.
Free some $ up to lock down Cobbo and hopefully extend Haas.

I'd still like to see Herbie stay, but only on reasonable terms. He committed to us last time when we were at a really low point and I don't think it was for overs, if he can stay and play a solid role in the team for a fair wage that would be ideal. If he gets offered a payday to leave though, best of luck to him.

I'd still like to see Herbie stay, but only on reasonable terms. He committed to us last time when we were at a really low point and I don't think it was for overs, if he can stay and play a solid role in the team for a fair wage that would be ideal. If he gets offered a payday to leave though, best of luck to him.
I think Herbie would be at worst a very good long term winger... the concern would be if he sees that as a demotion or the Dolphins come in and offer him overs, but I think Herbie for anything under $400k is good value and I reckon at his peak he would be a $500k winger.

We've got Staggs, Cobbo and Mariner coming through in the centers... perhaps Cobbo moves to fullback to accommodate them all, but I think our wing depth will struggle pretty soon.

At the moment Cobbo will be playing there, but seems destined for a move infield or to the back.

Isaako is gone next year and Oates likely gone... outside of that we've got Mead who's closer to the end of his career and Pereira who has mostly been bought as depth, but is also 29 this year... and then Arthars, but he's been shipped off to Warriors for a year and may be most suited to center or fullback rather than wing.

Herbie easily slots into one of the wing spots and probably has the makings to be a very good long term winger for us.

I'd be happy to see Herbie locked down on like $350k-$400k for the next few years, knowing that he will be a mainstay on the wing at worst

For me it’s as much about what he brings to the club, not just the team.

He’s already a good footballer and, despite what many others on here might say, one that I believe has great potential.

But it’s more than that. He is hard working and dedicated. Attitudes like his, along with his willingness to make huge sacrifices to chase his dream, are what we should be using as the foundations for our rebuild.

I doubt he’ll ever go on to captain the club, but he can be one of the blokes that keeps the players accountable, makes them work hard and gives them a rocket when they’re being stupid or lazy.

He is the exact opposite of players like Oates (who openly admitted he’s been cruising for the last 2 years) and Milf, who got by doing only what he had to do and no more.

I really hope we can keep him at the club.

I'm the same, I think we should be fighting hard to keep Herbie.

Keep in mind he is still an unfinished product. He's only a year older than the young fellas - and last year he was our most dangerous backline weapon.

Yeah, there are some obvious deficiencies in his game... But he'll work on them and get better.

And his attitude is good.

I'd still like to see Herbie stay, but only on reasonable terms.
I'd be happy to see Herbie locked down

Yeah, there are some obvious deficiencies in his game... But he'll work on them and get better.

For me it’s as much about what he brings to the club, not just the team.

I really hope we can keep him at the club.
No point keeping him just to clip his wings and have him running around in the QCup. If you really loved him, you'd set him free.

No point keeping him just to clip his wings and have him running around in the QCup. If you really loved him, you'd set him free.
I already indicated that he'd be a mainstay in my team so I ain't clipping those wings.... I want Herbie flying all day, for bombs out on that wing.

I am an unashamed fan of the love bug though

Keep in mind he is still an unfinished product. He's only a year older than the young fellas - and last year he was our most dangerous backline weapon.

Most dangerous backline weapon last year? He scored 3 tries in 20 games. Staggs scored the same amount in 4 games he played :rofl

I already indicated that he'd be a mainstay in my team so I ain't clipping those wings.... I want Herbie flying all day, for bombs out on that wing.

I am an unashamed fan of the love bug though
Let's just hope his wanting the right centre means Kevvie sticks him out on the wing. I'm disappointed he's not being trialled on the wing this weekend. For me, a good result would be:

1. Selwyn
2. Herbie
3. Kotoni
4. Brenko/Deine
5. Jordan
6. Albert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Gaz
  • winslow_wong
  • Evander
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Johnny92
  • Dexter
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • broncotville
  • NYCDB
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Lurker
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.