Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
that makes no sense
It makes sense in that they have an abundance of good second rowers. It makes no sense in that so do we (whilst 3 of them are young and not quite as reliable).

I think this talk of isaako is irrelevant anyway. The rumour began from Andrew Voss.

Like most league media, he has generated his own story by basically saying parra need a winger, oh isaako's out of favour, hmm, maybe that is something. Then a couple other outlets struggling for news grab hold of that story and run.

No word from broncos, parra, isaako or his agent. Just complete tabloid crap.

Anyone got some insight on the latest courier mail article saying Kevvie has bowed to player pressure?
Players complained to Kevvie they were being trained too hard, Reynolds and Haas have complained of "general" soreness.

“There is often hamstring injuries and soft-tissue stuff, so we have backed off a bit,” Walters told News Corp. “We had a group meeting and you have to listen. “The players need to listen to their bodies and if they are not feeling 100 per cent, which is rare that they do, but if they are sore and complaining, well ... we need to hear that. “They have been coming forward with the information, which is good to know.”

“It’s a fine line,” he said. “Last year we were accused of not pushing them hard enough. “It’s not ideal (players reporting soreness), but it’s the world we live in. “We have to push our players hard in pre-season. Sometimes it creates injuries, but generally I am happy with their fitness and the feedback from players at other clubs is their training has been pretty solid as well.”

No, there’s no concern with Adam,” he said. “We are resting him this weekend and making sure that he is right for round one. "He has played enough football to get himself ready and our training drills accommodate that as well. We want him fresh for round one. He has a huge season in front of him.

“We will lighten his load a bit and start him in round one.”

Anyone got some insight on the latest courier mail article saying Kevvie has bowed to player pressure?

Badel saying that Kevvie was pushing them too hard during the pre-season and has backed off after the players complained.

Kevvie Says:

“There is often hamstring injuries and soft-tissue stuff, so we have backed off a bit,” Walters told News Corp.

“We had a group meeting and you have to listen.

“The players need to listen to their bodies and if they are not feeling 100 per cent, which is rare that they do, but if they are sore and complaining, well ... we need to hear that.

“They have been coming forward with the information, which is good to know.”

Badel then goes on to say that we've raised the bar this pre-season after two poor years that included a wooden spoon, as Kevvie looks to bring a harder edge to a Brisbane side that leaked a club record 695 points last year.

Kevvie Again

“It’s a fine line,” he said.

“Last year we were accused of not pushing them hard enough.

“It’s not ideal (players reporting soreness), but it’s the world we live in.

“We have to push our players hard in pre-season. Sometimes it creates injuries, but generally I am happy with their fitness and the feedback from players at other clubs is their training has been pretty solid as well.”

Kevvie on the skipper

“No, there’s no concern with Adam,” he said.

“We are resting him this weekend and making sure that he is right for round one.

“He has played enough football to get himself ready and our training drills accommodate that as well. We want him fresh for round one. He has a huge season in front of him.

“We will lighten his load a bit and start him in round one.”

Thanks lads. Appreciate it.

I think it's good that the players are providing upwards feedback, we don't need to start the year with injuries, but at the same time I'm glad to hear they have been flogged.

I reckon that's the difference at the storm though, get flogged and just nut up.

Not the best sign when your new captain and biggest star are complaining lol

wonder if this has anything to do with Cobbo looking out on his feet 6 minutes into the game.

Call me a pessimist, but I can’t help getting Justin Langer and CA vibes from some of those quotes.

After 3 seasons of absolute shit performances and teams full of blokes with poor fitness and no staying power, heaven forbid the club train them harder and suffer the terrible consequences that come with being fitter than all the other teams, like winning premierships.

Yuk.

Call me a pessimist, but I can’t help getting Justin Langer and CA vibes from some of those quotes.

After 3 seasons of absolute shit performances and teams full of blokes with poor fitness and no staying power, heaven forbid the club train them harder and suffer the terrible consequences that come with being fitter than all the other teams, like winning premierships.

Yuk.

It is late in the preseason, maybe they are worried about not being ready for round 1. It is concerning but the timing does kind of make sense.

Yuk.
And isn't Capewell on record saying this is the fittest team he's been apart of? Or something like that..

We are also on the position where we don't have players that Re used to incredibly hard pre-seasons that get the other players up for it.

Club is on a learning curve, it will take time.

I never understand why we tell the media this stuff. They know that they will spin it in a negative light. There was no need to tell them this story.

there's no actual suggestion that Reynolds was complaining ... Badel just linked him to the story since he didn't play the trials
Reynolds and Haas are linked because they were suffering from “soreness” apparently from overtraining.

I’ve speculated Covid might be involved in challenging fitness levels, not least because Billy mentioned it, but also because enduring fatigue seems to be the biggest symptom of Omicron. I have no evidence that it’s a factor with any specific player, but it seems likely.

I never understand why we tell the media this stuff. They know that they will spin it in a negative light. There was no need to tell them this story.
Not sure it’s really being spun in a “negative light” it’s come up to explain why Reynolds and Haas have been rested, due to the soreness, rather than injury.

In one sense it’s positive because it’s a sign they’ve been pushed harder than they’re used to. Kevvie is saying a lot of the players don’t like to admit they’re struggling. They don’t want to appear weak.

It’s not hard to overtrain muscles when you’re pushing limits. They just need a rest for a bit.

Agree. Nothing story where Kevvie and his staff look like they have no idea or the players look like they are complaining. This sort of info should be kept in house as without details or other clubs to compare with i'm not sure how interesting it is to fans anyway, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Scorchie
  • broncsgoat
  • broncotville
  • porouian
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Scdeac
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Rough and Ready
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Purple Pills
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.