Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure it’s really being spun in a “negative light”
Courier Mail heading i saw this morning was "Broncos bow to player power as pre-season takes huge toll"

The small blurb underneath states: 'Kevinn Walters forced to "back off"... 'program comes under the microscope'

Not sure how you read anything positive into that heading?

Not sure it’s really being spun in a “negative light” it’s come up to explain why Reynolds and Haas have been rested, due to the soreness, rather than injury.

In one sense it’s positive because it’s a sign they’ve been pushed harder than they’re used to. Kevvie is saying a lot of the players don’t like to admit they’re struggling. They don’t want to appear weak.

It’s not hard to overtrain muscles when you’re pushing limits. They just need a rest for a bit.
If Badel wasn't spinning into a negative light he wouldn't have used words like complaining, bow to player power etc. Anyway I am not getting into this we have all been down the Badel road before and have no interest in doing it again.

Usually I don't buy into the Badell bashing as it's usually bullshit but this one is pretty transparently trying to drive up the drama of the situation..

But those quotes from Kevvie aren't great... Even if badel is pulling the worst quotes to drive narrative, don't say that shit haha

Usually I don't buy into the Badell bashing as it's usually bullshit but this one is pretty transparently trying to drive up the drama of the situation..

But those quotes from Kevvie aren't great... Even if badel is pulling the worst quotes to drive narrative, don't say that shit haha
If Badel wasn't spinning into a negative light he wouldn't have used words like complaining, bow to player power etc. Anyway I am not getting into this we have all been down the Badel road before and have no interest in doing it again.
Courier Mail heading i saw this morning was "Broncos bow to player power as pre-season takes huge toll"

The small blurb underneath states: 'Kevinn Walters forced to "back off"... 'program comes under the microscope'

Not sure how you read anything positive into that heading?
I don't see anything wrong with the facts in the article itself.

Do I have to explain yet again that Badel doesn't write the headlines or the lead? That's a sub-editor's job. You are attacking the reporter for something someone else has written.

But yes, I agree, particularly as stories age, this publication does tend to get more shrill in milking different angles from the body provided by the reporters. It's clear whoever's tooled the online headers is looking to attract your interest.

I don't see anything wrong with the facts in the article itself.

Do I have to explain yet again that Badel doesn't write the headlines or the lead? That's a sub-editor's job. You are attacking the reporter for something someone else has written.

But yes, I agree, particularly as stories age, this publication does tend to get more shrill in milking different angles from the body provided by the reporters. It's clear whoever's tooled the online headers is looking to attract your interest.
I mentioned more than the headline.

Not the best sign when your new captain and biggest star are complaining lol

wonder if this has anything to do with Cobbo looking out on his feet 6 minutes into the game.
I guess it depends on how you want to view this situation.

If you are glass half full, You could view it as the players feeling comfortable enough with kevie and the staff to bring up their concerns with him and work together rather than white-anting or undermining him. Besides now would be the general tapering period of intense fitness training

However if you are half empty or want to generate clicks like the media does (outrage and negative news gets more attention and has greater legs than good news), you could view it as players not being able to hack it or them bullying staff.

I dont see players in our squad with that toxic nature so I am hoping for the glass half full situation.

I mentioned more than the headline.
I guess it depends on how you want to view this situation.

If you are glass half full, You could view it as the players feeling comfortable enough with kevie and the staff to bring up their concerns with him and work together rather than white-anting or undermining him. Besides now would be the general tapering period of intense fitness training

However if you are half empty or want to generate clicks like the media does (outrage and negative news gets more attention and has greater legs than good news), you could view it as players not being able to hack it or them bullying staff.

I dont see players in our squad with that toxic nature so I am hoping for the glass half full situation.
Here's the story: the media want to report on why Haas didn't play last week and why Reynolds isn't playing this week. These are legit questions given the profile of these two. The answer is they pulled up sore. Kevvie chose to elaborate on why they pulled up sore and how they were pushed too hard and how other players are also complaining of soreness from overtraining. This is on the back of concerns he didn't push them hard enough last year. In a way, he was taking that accusation off the table. Coaches rarely cop shit for pushing too hard.

You can spin this any way you want but at face value it's a training failure, albeit a minor one and in the right direction in my opinion.

There's not a lot to see here, but it's a legitimate story with a legitimate angle. I don't see any reason for the media to cover it up. The Broncos will get good press when they start winning. They don't deserve it yet. Give them time to get up off the mat.

If you want your **** sucked, you'll need to get hard first. Harden up you *****.

Please don't, this was incredibly embarrassing for you last time you did Pete.

Please don't, this was incredibly embarrassing for you last time you did Pete.
I will tell you a secret, I am an academic in ESL at a special needs school, I feel confident in my understanding of the word 'embarrassing'.

I will tell you a secret, I am an academic in ESL at a special needs school, I feel confident in my understanding of the word 'embarrassing'.

With a retort as bad as this, I am confident in your understanding of the word embarrassing too.

Seems we are the joe rogan of nrl if you want clicks put our name in the headline and write a fan fic and watch the clicks come in.

Seems we are the joe rogan of nrl if you want clicks put our name in the headline and write a fan fic and watch the clicks come in.
who is our neil young?

Foxsports do that a lot, I went there the other day and there was a big headline about Kevvie being fed up

Of course it was nothing more than all the team lists for the upcoming set of trials and our team was 3/4 the way down the page

According to Dean Ritchie the Broncos are the ones driving the Isaako rumour, not the eels, because we have cap problems… 😂

Every time he talks about the Broncos you just know he has absolutely no idea.

You can replace 'the Broncos' bolded above with the word 'anything'.

Corey Parker:

“It is strange that I am reading about it. Those things I believe should be kept in-house. That’s just how it is. Over the years you have got to listen to your players. You have got to understand where they are coming from. But at the end of the day you have also got a job to do as well. Just because there is trial games coming up doesn’t mean you have got to be feeling 100 per cent.”​

Andrew Voss:

It's an ingredient for failure. If they start the season bad, these little jigsaw puzzle pieces will all be put together. They have general soreness, they’ve been training too hard in the off-season.”​

Dave Riccio

"It’s an ingredient for drama, because we’ll come back to this story. Certainly when the spotlight’s on the Broncos, and certainly it is with Kevin Walters. He’s one of the few off contract coaches this year, he needs a fast start. Adam Reynolds and Payne Haas were rested last week from the Broncos’ trial game against the Titans due to general soreness. When you start to hear stories about coaches listening to players wanting to back off the training due to demands from the high-performance staff, it is concerning. I just wonder with the longer break, the players were given ten weeks off, if the Broncos and other clubs have jammed more into a shorter pre-season.”​

McHunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Battler
  • Old Mate
  • Big Del
  • Gaz
  • Aldo
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • ezpz
  • Wild Horse
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • broncotville
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.