Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it ultimately means too much but both Selwyn and Ezra have spoken openly about how important playing for the broncos is to them - it’s what you want to hear from promising young players.
It is, and then I think about coates crying when he got his first jersey and how happy he was then and how he left at the first opportunity (and for less money) and I remain concerned.

It is, and then I think about coates crying when he got his first jersey and how happy he was then and how he left at the first opportunity (and for less money) and I remain concerned.
Being in a team playing like dogshit for two years at that age is probably pretty crushing, particularly when some of his mates got moved on. Thankfully Cobbo didn't live that on the field.

Xavier grew up supporting the titans and probably cried because he got a start in the Nrl because not many if any other clubs seen anything in him and he seemed to forget that pretty quick and jumped ship.

Yeah it’s the way things go sometimes but from memory Coates never actually said it was because the broncos when he cried, he cried because he was about to play in the NRL

Xavier grew up supporting the titans and probably cried because he got a start in the Nrl because not many if any other clubs seen anything in him and he seemed to forget that pretty quick and jumped ship.

Jumped ship to the best club of the last 20 years. Let’s not revise history here, Coates was an in demand player, the fact the Storm got him so reportedly cheap on top of Paps deal smells of dodginess.

Jumped ship to the best club of the last 20 years. Let’s not revise history here, Coates was an in demand player, the fact the Storm got him so reportedly cheap on top of Paps deal smells of dodginess.
Smells of a toxic team culture with no signs of improving and an opportunity to play in the most successful team of his life time.

Cobbo has the exact attitude ive been missing in this team with the likes of Fifita and Turncoates tarnishing the great jersey.
Excited for the future with kids like this in the side.

Smells of a toxic team culture with no signs of improving and an opportunity to play in the most successful team of his life time.

He jumped ship from Kevvie not Seibold.

The signs of improvement were there, although it might not have happened immediately like we had hoped,

He jumped ship from Kevvie not Seibold.

The signs of improvement were there, although it might not have happened immediately like we had hoped,
I’d argue there was no sign of improvement until after he had signed elsewhere. The start of the season was miserable.

Kev was a mess for the first 12 weeks. He’s done quite well since (tbc) but at that point the club was as big a shambles as ever.

While I am sceptical based on the past this is great to hear from Cobbo and I won’t let Coates lack of character affect they way I look at others.

Cobbo has the exact attitude ive been missing in this team with the likes of Fifita and Turncoates tarnishing the great jersey.
Excited for the future with kids like this in the side.
In Fifita's defence he did what any sane person should do, we offered him 750k Titans offered him 1.2m-1.1m-1.1m so 1.1m more total over 3 years and he still agonised over it.

I'd take him back for sure.

Coates left for LESS money. So he's a shit head who should never be allowed to talk the club again. Thanks for nothing, wanker.

In Fifita's defence he did what any sane person should do, we offered him 750k Titans offered him 1.2m-1.1m-1.1m so 1.1m more total over 3 years and he still agonised over it.

Coates left for LESS money. So he's a shit head who should never be allowed to talk the club again. Thanks for nothing, wanker.
I'd consider taking him back if Bellamy turns him into a gun, just to make the Storm weaker

Well summed up, I have no issue with Fifita leaving, I would have done the same for that amount of money. There is no ill feeling toward him whatsoever and I would not be surprised at all to see him back in Broncos colours at some point.

Agreed. Will continue to call him a tubby lazy **** while he's not playing for us though.

What a load of shit!!!
Fifita left for more money 💸 so that is ok...?
The greedy prick, $750k is heaps of money for a year's work!
Oh no I need $1.2m. get the **** out of here!
He is the same, if not worse than Coates (he left for football success, not money)
They both can stay away from the Broncos forever!!!

What a load of shit!!!
Fifita left for more money 💸 so that is ok...?
The greedy prick, $750k is heaps of money for a year's work!
Oh no I need $1.2m. get the **** out of here!
He is the same, if not worse than Coates (he left for football success, not money)
They both can stay away from the Broncos forever!!!

Don’t come in with understandable fan logic!

Fifita also jumped ship when we were at our absolute worst. I saw a better team on the gc than here, I didn’t blame him one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Aldo
  • NSW stables
  • RolledOates
  • Big Del
  • Gaz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Lazza
  • cento
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • Muros
  • Allo
  • broncos4life
  • Astro
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Nightwatchman
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.