Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like i said, its easy to say when somebody isnt waving almost half a million dollars under your nose.
Well you want to test the theory 😜
Got a spare $500k to wave under my 👃.

By the way it is very different if the person earns $60k a year compared to $750k.
Circumstances are everything. I live in the bush mostly off the land so money is not a priority so I'm sure I could turn down my salary. Double of 0 is still 0.

Well you want to test the theory 😜
Got a spare $500k to wave under my 👃.

By the way it is very different if the person earns $60k a year compared to $750k.
Circumstances are everything. I live in the bush mostly off the land so money is not a priority so I'm sure I could turn down my salary. Double of 0 is still 0.
you sound like a friend to me so i'll be gentle but look, you could get JYY'ed in your next game, it's a business, almost double your wage is rather a lot, how on earth could you blame him?

up the broncs tonight

p.s. **** david fifita

In Fifita's defence he did what any sane person should do, we offered him 750k Titans offered him 1.2m-1.1m-1.1m so 1.1m more total over 3 years and he still agonised over it.

I'd take him back for sure.

Coates left for LESS money. So he's a shit head who should never be allowed to talk the club again. Thanks for nothing, wanker.
I’m the complete opposite Coates left to better his career he was going nowhere at our club. Rather he take less money at a winning club than double at a shit club. Shows money doesn’t mean everything and I’d much rather have 480 players in the nrl that are in it for the love and success than money. We just happened to lose a future gun because if it. He loved our club without a doubt, he didn’t love losing, nobody does. That’s on us, not him.

yeah i can't really blame Coates at all. Takes balls to take less money when he could've just coasted. He wanted to better himself and what better place than Melb?

you sound like a friend to me so i'll be gentle but look, you could get JYY'ed in your next game, it's a business, almost double your wage is rather a lot, how on earth could you blame him?

up the broncs tonight

p.s. **** david fifita
Yes, I do understand that but still respectfully disagree it is right.

It is his life and his right to do what he wants.
It's my right to disagree and dislike him and as you so eloquently put it
**** DAVID FIFITA!

Up the mighty Broncos!!!

Yes, I do understand that but still respectfully disagree it is right.

It is his life and his right to do what he wants.
It's my right to disagree and dislike him and as you so eloquently put it
**** DAVID FIFITA!

Up the mighty Broncos!!!

You simply cant say its not right. For Fifita, he may have felt it was right.

Like i said, its easy to say when somebody isnt waving almost half a million dollars under your nose.
The problem for me isn't that he left for that RIDICULOUS contract, it's more that he delayed and "considered" other contracts when he just got bailed out of a fucking Bali gaol by the Broncos. The **** fucking owed us and signing a contract straight away was the least he could do.

That was months before the titans offer, and we were well into negotiations with him.

Anyway, despite what everyone says, it may be a good career move in the short term but it will be shocking in the long term.

He will never be able to live up to that price tag, not because he doesn't have amazing potential, but because he isn't in a position to do so (literally, not a spine player... and he is a shocking defender with a bad attitude at times as well). This will follow him for the rest of his career. Therefore he'll always run the risk of seeming "over rated", leading to decreased sponsorship cash and rep honours, and potentially contracts in the future. Yes his JYYs career ended in 1 instance, but 95% of players (not from souffs) do not medically retire before their age, talent or form does it for them. He is also part of a team in the nrl with the smallest fan base, so if he stays with them, especially after the dolphins take their limelight off of them, meaning the sponsor and exposure components could be exacerbated.

Additionally, this extra money in one contract rather then spread over a few will mean far higher tax too as an addit.

The problem for me isn't that he left for that RIDICULOUS contract, it's more that he delayed and "considered" other contracts when he just got bailed out of a fucking Bali gaol by the Broncos. The **** fucking owed us and signing a contract straight away was the least he could do.

That was months before the titans offer, and we were well into negotiations with him.

Anyway, despite what everyone says, it may be a good career move in the short term but it will be shocking in the long term.

He will never be able to live up to that price tag, not because he doesn't have amazing potential, but because he isn't in a position to do so (literally, not a spine player... and he is a shocking defender with a bad attitude at times as well). This will follow him for the rest of his career. Therefore he'll always run the risk of seeming "over rated", leading to decreased sponsorship cash and rep honours, and potentially contracts in the future. Yes his JYYs career ended in 1 instance, but 95% of players (not from souffs) do not medically retire before their age, talent or form does it for them. He is also part of a team in the nrl with the smallest fan base, so if he stays with them, especially after the dolphins take their limelight off of them, meaning the sponsor and exposure components could be exacerbated.

Additionally, this extra money in one contract rather then spread over a few will mean far higher tax too as an addit.
If I didn’t watch league and was being completely objective I’d say he absolutely made the right decision.

Easy to be mad at him but what about all the players that put in but weren’t as talented who we didn’t offer contracts, or all the players we moved on before they’re contracts were up. Where was our loyalty?

It’s a different environment now and I’d be dirtier if someone did a Fifita or Coates under the new circumstances but at the time it’s hard to blame any of them.

I hated our club for the last 2 years, I can’t imagine what I would’ve thought If they were my employer

By the same token though, you cannot say everyone would take more money.

Well, i will never believe anyone who says they would turn down almost half a million dollars extra in pay especially just normal everyday workers like on here. I just dont see it happening no matter what people say.

If we are talking players in different sports who get paid $500k plus a week they might, but not somebody in the areas we are talking in.

No, you cant. You can say its not right for you. You cant say it wasnt right for Fifita because you arent in his position.

When I say it isn't right that is my judgement and my opinion.

Like when you say positive things about Carrigan that is your right but it may or may not be right.😁

Anyway that's the way it is now.
He is at the Aqua Tits.
Good riddance to bad rubbish!

When I say it isn't right that is my judgement and my opinion.

Like when you say positive things about Carrigan that is your right but it may or may not be right.😁

Anyway that's the way it is now.
He is at the Aqua Tits.
Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Then you probably need to clarify what you are saying better.

Well, i will never believe anyone who says they would turn down almost half a million dollars extra in pay especially just normal everyday workers like on here. I just dont see it happening no matter what people say.

If we are talking players in different sports who get paid $500k plus a week they might, but not somebody in the areas we are talking in.
But is it really up to you to tell someone else (in more than one post) they would take the money when they said they wouldn’t - how on earth could you possibly know what they would or wouldn’t do?

Money isn’t everything to everyone. Some people are happy to sacrifice more money for a number of other things. Sure, most aren’t, but that doesn’t mean everyone. Just because you don’t believe them, doesn’t mean you’re right.

But is it really up to you to tell someone else (in more than one post) they would take the money when they said they wouldn’t - how on earth could you possibly know what they would or wouldn’t do?

Money isn’t everything to everyone. Some people are happy to sacrifice more money for a number of other things. Sure, most aren’t, but that doesn’t mean everyone. Just because you don’t believe them, doesn’t mean you’re right.
Its not up to me, but i never said i was right, thats you putting words into my mouth there, and i never really said i know what they would do. I just said i dont believe they would. Me not believing anyone on here would be in a position to turn down approximately $1.3 million over 3 years like Fifita isnt me telling people anything either. I just dont believe if that was put in front of anyone who wasnt already loaded with cash they would turn it down. Its very easy to say you would when you know its not going to happen. I'll stand by that as well. Its easy to take the moral high ground on money when you arent in a position to get the kind of money he did.

I've taken pay cuts myself in the past. The job i'm in now pays a fair bit less than my previous job but it gives me other things i prefer over the cash. Its easy to sacrifice a few thousand dollars a year though compared to almost $500k. You have to look after yourself and your family and if i could get the kind of pay bump Fifita did i'm taking it to secure my families and my own future.

Its not up to me, but i never said i was right, thats you putting words into my mouth there, and i never really said i know what they would do. I just said i dont believe they would. Me not believing anyone on here would be in a position to turn down approximately $1.3 million over 3 years like Fifita isnt me telling people anything either. I just dont believe if that was put in front of anyone who wasnt already loaded with cash they would turn it down. Its very easy to say you would when you know its not going to happen. I'll stand by that as well. Its easy to take the moral high ground on money when you arent in a position to get the kind of money he did.

I've taken pay cuts myself in the past. The job i'm in now pays a fair bit less than my previous job but it gives me other things i prefer over the cash. Its easy to sacrifice a few thousand dollars a year though compared to almost $500k. You have to look after yourself and your family and if i could get the kind of pay bump Fifita did i'm taking it to secure my families and my own future.
The simple fact is, 1.1m over 3 years after tax is about 650k net. That's enough to set up his parents with a nice house and still have 750k gross income for himself.

The difference is huge, I can understand it being tough over 50k, but that's a whole 650k net difference to the bank account to do the same job over 3 years. Loyalty has its price.

50-100k more, meh, it's not much when we're talking about guys on 500k+ and you can easily make up the difference with origin, sponsorships, etc.

I’m not looking to argue, so I hope it didn’t (and doesn’t) come across that way. But I will also add that you told old mate to explain himself better.

I took from the posts below, that you were indeed trying to tell the other poster they would take the money, not that you simply believe they would.

I guess what we all need to remember (especially me at times) is it’s important how we articulate the message we’re trying to deliver, as it’s sometimes very hard on a forum like this.

Maybe this is very Huge of me, I don’t know 🤷‍♂️
If somebody offered me $450k a year more than i could get i'm taking it as well. Its easy for people to say they wouldnt do it, but if you were put in that situation, you would be taking the money as well.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • NSW stables
  • Pablo
  • OnToSomething
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Rambstien
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Allo
  • xilliun
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • mrslong
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.