Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not looking to argue, so I hope it didn’t (and doesn’t) come across that way. But I will also add that you told old mate to explain himself better.

I took from the posts below, that you were indeed trying to tell the other poster they would take the money, not that you simply believe they would.

I guess what we all need to remember (especially me at times) is it’s important how we articulate the message we’re trying to deliver, as it’s sometimes very hard on a forum like this.

Maybe this is very Huge of me, I don’t know 🤷‍♂️
Its all good mate. I'm probably one of the biggest dreamers you will ever come across, but i'm still going to say everyone takes the money. I still think my posts, even the one you quoted, were me just backing up my belief that i dont believe anyone would turn down the money. Sadly, i doubt we will ever get to see if i'm right or wrong!

Its all good mate. I'm probably one of the biggest dreamers you will ever come across, but i'm still going to say everyone takes the money. I still think my posts, even the one you quoted, were me just backing up my belief that i dont believe anyone would turn down the money. Sadly, i doubt we will ever get to see if i'm right or wrong!
Someone would need to be a bigger dreamer than you say you are to offer me massive money, to do anything 🤣

So you’re definitely right there!

Then you probably need to clarify what you are saying better.
Maybe. 😏
Probably your comprehension skills are lacking and need improvement.

All good 🐺.
No one is perfect, especially me. 😉
(Just ask my wife 🙄)

The simple fact is, 1.1m over 3 years after tax is about 650k net. That's enough to set up his parents with a nice house and still have 750k gross income for himself.

The difference is huge, I can understand it being tough over 50k, but that's a whole 650k net difference to the bank account to do the same job over 3 years. Loyalty has its price.

50-100k more, meh, it's not much when we're talking about guys on 500k+ and you can easily make up the difference with origin, sponsorships, etc.
I get all that and agree, but in the case of Fifita I have to wonder how much he would be making rotting in a Bali jail?

Objectively, the Coates defection is much more acceptable. He left a club which is currently a dumpster fire with zero sign of improvement at the time to go to a marquee club to learn his craft in a top notch system under one of the best coaches in the game. I’d welcome a player like that back any day. Sure, I’d prefer loyalty, but that seems to be a dead art in NRL these days, so commitment to self improvement is a worthy substitute.

Fifita let us bust him out of a Balinese jail, then strung us along for months, relied on his mother to make decisions for him and flip flopped back and forth until he decided to chase huge money to play ‘comfortable’ footy at a team which has arguably worse prospects than our own. I’d never want him back, he can go the way of Dave Taylor and Ash Taylor.

Objectively, the Coates defection is much more acceptable. He left a club which is currently a dumpster fire with zero sign of improvement at the time to go to a marquee club to learn his craft in a top notch system under one of the best coaches in the game. I’d welcome a player like that back any day. Sure, I’d prefer loyalty, but that seems to be a dead art in NRL these days, so commitment to self improvement is a worthy substitute.

Fifita let us bust him out of a Balinese jail, then strung us along for months, relied on his mother to make decisions for him and flip flopped back and forth until he decided to chase huge money to play ‘comfortable’ footy at a team which has arguably worse prospects than our own. I’d never want him back, he can go the way of Dave Taylor and Ash Taylor.

I disagree that there were no signs of us turning things around ... but for the sake of argument, let's say you're right.

all that means is that Coates cut and run from a dumpster fire that he had a hand in making.

Fifita's move is at least understandable, as much I hate him for leaving.

I disagree that there were no signs of us turning things around ... but for the sake of argument, let's say you're right.

all that means is that Coates cut and run from a dumpster fire that he had a hand in making.

Fifita's move is at least understandable, as much I hate him for leaving.

I can understand that perspective, but it’s not Coates’ responsibility as a young kid to try to fix the mess caused by the broncos board.

Neither of them were loyal, but I can respect a kid who leaves to maximise his potential and develop his career long term.
I can’t respect a kid who leaves purely for money and nothing wlse

I can understand that perspective, but it’s not Coates’ responsibility as a young kid to try to fix the mess caused by the broncos board.

Neither of them were loyal, but I can respect a kid who leaves to maximise his potential and develop his career long term.
Well if he wanted to better himself more than we could he should have come up in the Storm system. If they didn’t offer him the chance to he should be considering that when making his decision too.

But as you say....they are kids!

****, i was a deadset dumb shit at their age.....if i was offered $1 mil and all i had to do to get it was throw my folks in a jail or something else ridiculous of course i would have done it back then...

Plus they arent what you would call the sharpest tools in the shed to begin with...

But as you say....they are kids!

****, i was a deadset dumb shit at their age.....if i was offered $1 mil and all i had to do to get it was throw my folks in a jail or something else ridiculous of course i would have done it back then...

Plus they arent what you would call the sharpest tools in the shed to begin with...
Can you confirm @theshed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • ostin86
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.