Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Boyd coming back to us?

You guys are so fucking weird. His performance on a reality tv show after he's retired is an indication that it was a bad choice to make him captain? Fucking hell..
I mean… did you actually watch it? He goes into detail about how he’s never really been much of a leader and sees himself as more of an introverted follower. Could definitely be dodgey editing though.

I mean… did you actually watch it? He goes into detail about how he’s never really been much of a leader and sees himself as more of an introverted follower. Could definitely be dodgey editing though.

I'd agree with his assesment, he wasnt a leader and was a follower, but I think he developed into a leader tbh once he sorted himself out. The playing group always had massive respect for him. I think at the time we made him skipper he was probably the only choice. Its certainley something he seems a lot more comfortable with these days.

I'd agree with his assesment, he wasnt a leader and was a follower, but I think he developed into a leader tbh once he sorted himself out. The playing group always had massive respect for him. I think at the time we made him skipper he was probably the only choice. Its certainley something he seems a lot more comfortable with these days.

Just because naturally you end up being a "leader" because you've got the most experience in the team, doesn't mean you're a genuine leader.

Payne Haas at the age of 22 is more of a leader than Darius, I would say. Don't even know the bloke but the way he's taken it upon himself to be the guy that carries the team on his back every week, if you're not going to lead verbally you can lead through your actions. I didn't see Darius do the sort of leading through his actions and if he's introverted, I couldn't imagine he'd be doing it vocally either.

You guys seen this? Basically shows what a terrible choice it was to make him captain.

Whilst I agree with you, **** that Ant guy.

Short man syndrome who yells and abuses the contestants because he knows they won't retaliate, then proceeds to do dramatic face to camera sentences as slowly as possible throughout each episode.

Dudes a tool.

You guys are so fucking weird. His performance on a reality tv show after he's retired is an indication that it was a bad choice to make him captain? Fucking hell..
No, talking about how he literally says himself “I’m more of a follower than a leader”. Well done on making yourself look like a fuckwit.

No, talking about how he literally says himself “I’m more of a follower than a leader”. Well done on making yourself look like a fuckwit.
I didn't watch your shit video because you've done plenty of making yourself look like a fuckwit over the years. We had no leaders, he was the best of the bunch. Being a leader or a type a personality doesn't make you a good captain on a footy field either. Your captain is someone who knows the rules, positioning and can stay calm when talking to officials. Someone with experience who is respected by the players. He was the best option at the time. Fuckwit.

The appointment of Darius Boyd as captain in 2017 made complete sense. He was one of the best Fullbacks in the world in 2016, and he appeared to turn a corner off the field as well.

Unfortunately, within 18 months, the decision looked awful. Boyd's form fell off a cliff in 2018, culminating in him being dropped to the centres by Bennett near the end of the season. The Bennett/Seibold debacle in 2018 only compounded the issues. The writing should've been on the wall at that stage, but with the amount of money he was on, he was never going to just 'leave', nor were we ever going to find someone to take him without us fronting the majority of his salary. We also had no obvious replacements for him as captain, with most of the roster being kids, hot heads or players that were well past their best footy. So we essentially just had to suck it up for a couple of years while he progressively deteriorated as a player, and as a leader. His final 2 seasons as a player was some of the most disgraceful football I've ever watched. You can blame the players in the defensive line all you want, there was only one player who consistently took the easy way out at any opportunity, and it was el capitano.

I know Darius isn’t the most popular of people on this forum. That includes me as well but man it’s not his fault that he got chucked in that role. I don’t think to many of you would turn down being the captain of the Broncos. You are all just key board warriors who seem to pounce on anyones weaknesses or limitations as if they are the sole cause of this clubs issues. If you be really Frank and honest with yourself on what planet can someone who is asked to be captain really turn it down. So please shift the blame to someone else like the group of people who made him captain other than him being a follower and introverted whilst finding himself as captain. Seems to me like a lot of you would fall into that follower category as well, as would I. Sometimes it’s best to lead from the back of the pack. He also did say leadership didn’t come naturally to him, doesn’t mean he didn’t put in effort to increase his involvement and chatter when these leadership moments, roles and opportunities occurred.

I know Darius isn’t the most popular of people on this forum. That includes me as well but man it’s not his fault that he got chucked in that role. I don’t think to many of you would turn down being the captain of the Broncos. You are all just key board warriors who seem to pounce on anyones weaknesses or limitations as if they are the sole cause of this clubs issues. If you be really Frank and honest with yourself on what planet can someone who is asked to be captain really turn it down. So please shift the blame to someone else like the group of people who made him captain other than him being a follower and introverted whilst finding himself as captain. Seems to me like a lot of you would fall into that follower category as well, as would I. Sometimes it’s best to lead from the back of the pack. He also did say leadership didn’t come naturally to him, doesn’t mean he didn’t put in effort to increase his involvement and chatter when these leadership moments, roles and opportunities occurred.

The baby revel after we just won the wooden spoon will forever tarnish anything he contributed to at the club. The fans were hurting the most and he didn't even give a ****

Badel warning.

Apparently the club is taking a wait and see approach before they decide to offer Turpin an extension, so he's considering the Dolphins.

Weak rumour but worth a share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • mitch222
  • Viti
  • The Strapper
  • RodF
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Locky24
  • BRC088
  • Redfern_1980
  • Adammacca
  • levikaden
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • azza.79
  • Sproj
  • Evander
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.