Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how much of a hole would that have left us in, at least to begin the year? Paix is out, Walters can but doesn't really want to play there and Mozer is still way too young. Silly to put all your eggs in one basket with little to no contigency if that basket breaks

I won't begrudge Jake if a team wants to take him and he leaves

Any hint you can drop as to where he would've gone/will be?

I didnt hear anything about where he may have ended up this year or next tbh.

Was definitely a Dogs rumour early on.

I'm glad our firsts are going along well enough to allow these kids more time to polish their game in the ISC. It will pay dividends in the long run.

Totally agree. The off field team has really lifted, setting us up now only for the now but also for the future.

Just a thought experiment but I wonder how hard it would be to turn Ezra Mam into a fullback

Well hypothetically you’d do either and not both, just saying if he needs to work in his game at 6, the club could just as easily invest that time into fullback.

He has all the attributes except we haven’t seen defuse kicks.

I see the issue that he doesn't run in traffic and he doesn't pass. Yesterday he scored two tries but one was plucking a kick out of the air and running 80m against traffic and one was backing up the hooker Hazard's break and running the last 20. So 100m was 'easy.'

Nine runs 180m- take off that 100m and he ran seven times for 80m. That's not showing the running that is a fullback. Running it back to three gorillas to smash him would be horrible to watch.

He isn't going to bring it back and bounce off people and get a quick play the ball his play the ball speeds are noticeably slower.

He needs to work on kicking- he kicked five times yesterday and his passing for everyone else and obviously his defence- running up and taking no one and missing five tackles needs work.

I see the issue that he doesn't run in traffic and he doesn't pass. Yesterday he scored two tries but one was plucking a kick out of the air and running 80m against traffic and one was backing up the hooker Hazard's break and running the last 20. So 100m was 'easy.'

Nine runs 180m- take off that 100m and he ran seven times for 80m. That's not showing the running that is a fullback. Running it back to three gorillas to smash him would be horrible to watch.

He isn't going to bring it back and bounce off people and get a quick play the ball his play the ball speeds are noticeably slower.

He needs to work on kicking- he kicked five times yesterday and his passing for everyone else and obviously his defence- running up and taking no one and missing five tackles needs work.

Fact- 5.02 seconds play the ball- slowest in the game yesterday. That tells me my eyes aren't wrong and he still getting used to the physicality of ISC so smashing it up against a wall would be horrible.

All fair points. Like I said, it was mostly just a hypothetical. It was the Hazard TA that inspired the thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • rnabokov
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.