Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Badel warning.

Apparently the club is taking a wait and see approach before they decide to offer Turpin an extension, so he's considering the Dolphins.

Weak rumour but worth a share.

I would assume he already has one foot out the door. He's probably been told Paix is the clubs long term future already but I'm just speculating.

JT some time ago:

“I loved my time at Redcliffe in 2018. I won a comp there and I have been at a few Queensland Cup clubs when I was down south while contracted to Melbourne. Nothing compares to the way Redcliffe treated everyone and how they ran. They are literally run like an NRL club, they are so professional and all the people Redcliffe have there are top-notch people that have been around the club for a long time.”​

More here:

I would assume he already has one foot out the door. He's probably been told Paix is the clubs long term future already but I'm just speculating.
I believe Turpin has never ever been in the Broncos plans. I've always thought the Broncos kept him around because he filled a hole, a hole they hoped to fill with their 'real choice' somewhere down the track. Turps, tough little plodder that he is keeps producing the same standard and **** knows, reliability is highly valued. Thing is though, being limited and not seen as having a next gear only gets one so far. I still believe we owe him our gratitude for giving his all.

Aside from worst haircut (prior to the absolute howlers we’re seeing this season), what award did he win?

Aside from worst haircut (prior to the absolute howlers we’re seeing this season), what award did he win?
Most consistent I think. Being mediocre has its benefits.

"The Most Consistent Award was won by hooker Jake Turpin who racked up more than 900 tackles across his 22 games in his first full season as a starting player in the NRL. Turpin also captained the team while Alex Glenn was injured and was a tireless worker with extras on the training paddock and in the gym."​

Your man on the inside can reveal 7 clubs are dreaming about Selwyn Cobbo's signature. He's currently on about $180,000 this season, and contracted to the end of 2023 - meaning he can field formal offers from Nov 1 this year. The Broncos opened up a socket with him a fortnight ago and hope to quickly land him on a 2 year extension until end 2025.

Ben Ikin:

“We know big deals will sit out there for our best young talent, but we’re in negotiations with Selwyn at the moment and doing everything we can to keep him at the club. We understand there will always be clubs in the recruitment cycle that are going to throw big money at your current and emerging stars. We’re not naive enough to think there aren’t competing forces out there. Some clubs will be really hungry for a guy as talented as Selwyn. We saw the lengths the Titans went to to lure David Fifita away and that was a great lesson for the club.”​
“Selwyn isn’t on the open market until November 1, so we have time and it’s on us to create a footy club and a work environment that our guys will find very difficult to leave. I don’t worry what other clubs could offer. You just can’t worry about it. We are in a process now with Selwyn and will give our all to that process, which is doing our best to keep Selwyn at the club."​
“We can’t control what other clubs do. We value Selwyn. We want Selwyn to stay. We want to build a footy program that Selwyn wants to be part of, which is a club that is contending every year, and that has to be our focus.”​
Selwyn:

“I just love the Broncos. Growing up I loved watching the Broncos play and I like playing for them. We will see what happens with his contract. I can’t wait to play Addo-Carr. Being in Indigenous camp, he was a big help for me, he really helped me through the week and told me to just back myself, play my way and be confident.”​

McHunt

Somebody check on @Allo.

Good Bye Reaction GIF

Nothing from Jake, his management or even the Dolphins really. Just rehashed interview answers from when the Dolphins got announced. He’s flat-batted it every time since.

Badel and Dobbo have been baiting answers out of him for a while.

Broncos aren’t doing anything wrong either*, because we need this season to show what a good half, better pack and non-fucked rules can do for Jake (and Cory for that matter)

*they still better fucking re-sign him

Nothing from Jake, his management or even the Dolphins really. Just rehashed interview answers from when the Dolphins got announced. He’s flat-batted it every time since.

Badel and Dobbo have been baiting answers out of him for a while.

Broncos aren’t doing anything wrong either*, because we need this season to show what a good half, better pack and non-fucked rules can do for Jake (and Cory for that matter)

*they still better fucking re-sign him

I heard it from a pretty reliable source that he wouldnt be here now if he didnt have a player option for this year.

I heard it from a pretty reliable source that he wouldnt be here now if he didnt have a player option for this year.

And how much of a hole would that have left us in, at least to begin the year? Paix is out, Walters can but doesn't really want to play there and Mozer is still way too young. Silly to put all your eggs in one basket with little to no contigency if that basket breaks

I won't begrudge Jake if a team wants to take him and he leaves

Any hint you can drop as to where he would've gone/will be?

Badel warning.

Apparently the club is taking a wait and see approach before they decide to offer Turpin an extension, so he's considering the Dolphins.

Weak rumour but worth a share.

didn't BHQ start that rumour ...

we've at least been speculating it for a while now

"Award winning"

He probably did win an award somewhere but watch them carry on like it's some of big get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Swordfish
  • john1420
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • GCBRONCO
  • Lostboy
  • Redfern_1980
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • Dash
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KickHaas
  • Evander
  • Wolfie
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.