Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Drinkwater isn't the answer to our fullback questions. You want to target a fullback, Reece Walsh is your man. Need to stop settling for stop gap solutions. You think Nui was bad yesterday in defence, Drinkwater is a walking turnstile and always has been. Its why he isn't in the NRL
I would settle for someone who can come in, catch bombs, stands behind our forwards waiting for an offload, can tackle and doesn't defend in the line on the last tackle.

1 Drinkwater
6 Gamble
7 Reynolds
9 Walters
14 Paix

This group would do their jobs well enough each week.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I have learned quickly that a lot of people on here aren’t interested in what players are capable of in defense.

Just look at the Billy Walters to replace Turpin suggestions, Turpin makes 50 tackles a game in the middle of the field, how’s Billy Walters going to pull that off? They see him with some nice stepping and think he’s the answer, as if tackling doesn’t even matter.
Walters and Paix would share the minutes more than Turpin and Walters. Neither should be 70 minute hookers.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
He is at 6, not so much at fullback. Like i said before, if he couldnt have defended and play the fullback role, Bellamy would never have put him in pole position to take over from Slater. The big problem with Drinky is he wants to play 6.
Pretty sure he wants to play NRL more

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
think it's easier with someone like Townsend next to him , but yes Thurston has done him the world of good
You'd think having Langer, Walters, Lockyer, Boyd and Prince on tap would add some value to our halves.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
If Kevvie is unable to correctly interchange Turpin/Billy, what makes you think it will improve with Billy/Paix?
Not having the preconceived notion that one of them can be a 70 minute tackle machine hooker, maybe?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I would settle for someone who can come in, catch bombs, stands behind our forwards waiting for an offload, can tackle and doesn't defend in the line on the last tackle.

1 Drinkwater
6 Gamble
7 Reynolds
9 Walters
14 Paix

This group would do their jobs well enough each week.
do you really think Niu defends in the line off his own back ?
Niu is strong in support yeah he's had trouble in his defence and bomb defusal but Drinkwater was similar. he's a much better 6

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
You'd think having Langer, Walters, Lockyer, Boyd and Prince on tap would add some value to our halves.
didn't have a Townsend next to him and extra preseason, our was he supposed to be great right off the bat .

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
do you really think Niu defends in the line off his own back ?
Niu is strong in support yeah he's had trouble in his defence and bomb defusal but Drinkwater was similar. he's a much better 6
I think he gets caught out position-wise and doesn’t have the speed to get to the ball in time. I’m sure the game plan isn’t to defend in the line and not move back until it’s way too late

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Not having the preconceived notion that one of them can be a 70 minute tackle machine hooker, maybe?
So Kevvie isn't smart enough to realise Turpin shouldn't be playing 70? Either way, not good coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Culhwch
  • HarryAllan7
  • Dash
  • Shane Tronc
  • Redfern_1980
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.