Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must have missed that, I read the exact opposite.

It's the same as always though, he's a good 5/8 with an above average short kicking game, he would look great inside the opposition 20..

That's not really where we are falling short though is it, we need a bloke who is safe at the back and can deal with those awkward kicks that the elite halves tend to put up, I suspect this week against the Warriors who don't have a noted half capable of those swirling spiral kicks that Tesi will do okay (anyone should be able to catch those).

I haven't seen proof that Drinkwater is any better at catching those hard kicks that Tesi is having trouble with and until I do, I don't see how we are any better off.

It's the same as always though, he's a good 5/8 with an above average short kicking game, he would look great inside the opposition 20..

That's not really where we are falling short though is it, we need a bloke who is safe at the back and can deal with those awkward kicks that the elite halves tend to put up, I suspect this week against the Warriors who don't have a noted half capable of those swirling spiral kicks that Tesi will do okay (anyone should be able to catch those).

I haven't seen proof that Drinkwater is any better at catching those hard kicks that Tesi is having trouble with and until I do, I don't see how we are any better off.
Have you seen us inside the opposition 20?

I haven’t seen enough of Drinkwater, but if he’d look great there, approach him yesterday.

I don't see how Kevvie not doing his job properly is Turpin's fault. Turpin should be taken off after 30mins, with Walters/Paix coming on to finish the half. If they are going well Turpin can ride the pine, or come on at lock. Kevvie needs to look at how Raiders used Hodgson/Starling so effectively and copy that. How he is using them is wrong.

Pretty much everyone has been calling on signing him to play 1. We really need to sign someone immediately who can play 1 at first grade standard.
Because Turpin playing 70 minutes isn't the issue. Turpin sucks at the first minute of each game. Doesn't matter how long he plays for because he's shit all game. Bringing in the other two will force a change of how they're used.

Have you seen us inside the opposition 20?

I haven’t seen enough of Drinkwater, but if he’d look great there, approach him yesterday.

I just know we need to find a solution to handing over the ball in our end and that's been happening a lot lately.

Because Turpin playing 70 minutes isn't the issue. Turpin sucks at the first minute of each game. Doesn't matter how long he plays for because he's shit all game. Bringing in the other two will force a change of how they're used.
What forces the change? Which one of them is going to do the defensive work Turpin does? How effective will Paix be in the 25th minute after making 30+ tackles? Or should we get Haas/Carrigan doing more defensive work so we can blunt there attack too?

Now there’s a prop who is worth a million and you’ll get no whinge from him that he wasn’t getting paid enough.

He focused on being the best he could be and became the best.

Wish we could get that attitude instilled into our guys today.

What forces the change? Which one of them is going to do the defensive work Turpin does? How effective will Paix be in the 25th minute after making 30+ tackles? Or should we get Haas/Carrigan doing more defensive work so we can blunt there attack too?
Turpin being shit should force the change. The defensive work he does blunts our entire attack so your defence of it is just fucking stupid of you ask me. The entire team needs to work harder to help make those tackles. Carrigan can make a couple more, with Hetherington at lock who could make more too. We don’t need our hooker making all of those tackles.

Turpin being shit should force the change. The defensive work he does blunts our entire attack so your defence of it is just fucking stupid of you ask me. The entire team needs to work harder to help make those tackles. Carrigan can make a couple more, with Hetherington at lock who could make more too. We don’t need our hooker making all of those tackles.
This, bring in hetherington at 13 he’s the best tackler in the team. Don’t need turps anymore.

But if Kevvie controls the interchange now, and Turpin is shit and should play less minutes, shouldn't the blame be on Kevvie for not interchanging him? Or is that somehow also Turpins fault? You think all of a sudden with Turpin gone, that will magically make Kevvie smarter with his interchange? It's such a dumb argument.

Because the blame on Turpin in a loss where we concede almost 40points and he made 35 tackles in 50mins without missing any, the solution is to bring in a bloke like Paix who ran the ball twice in ISC on the weekend.

I'm just waiting for concrete shoes to have a wow of a game and the club fight of the dolphins to retain him on a 3 year deal.... :)

I'm just waiting for concrete shoes to have a wow of a game and the club fight of the dolphins to retain him on a 3 year deal.... :)

He did have that game in round 1 and as per usual, he is now proceeding to get worse and worse in subsequent games until he likely gets a broken jaw or ankle injury and is out again.

He did have that game in round 1 and as per usual, he is now proceeding to get worse and worse in subsequent games until he likely gets a broken jaw or ankle injury and is out again.
hopefully lodgey clocks him hahah

But if Kevvie controls the interchange now, and Turpin is shit and should play less minutes, shouldn't the blame be on Kevvie for not interchanging him? Or is that somehow also Turpins fault? You think all of a sudden with Turpin gone, that will magically make Kevvie smarter with his interchange? It's such a dumb argument.

Because the blame on Turpin in a loss where we concede almost 40points and he made 35 tackles in 50mins without missing any, the solution is to bring in a bloke like Paix who ran the ball twice in ISC on the weekend.
Turpin is known as a longer minute player but Walters will have to change that up if he were to choose a different hooker rotation as the other two aren't. It's not only Turpin's fault and nobody is saying his minutes are on him. Walters gets plenty of criticism on this website, so I have absolutely no idea who the **** you're actually arguing with here.

Nobody is blaming Turpin for the loss either, and a hooker should do more than just tackle and run. The lack of ability to pass off the ground and give our halves actual space is a huge issue. One that you seem to be avoiding in your attempts to argue with shit that nobody is saying.

Plus, the solution is to have a rotation of two hookers who will share the workload, plus having other players in the team take on the defensive workload. Not any of the bullshit you've fabricated in the dumb arguments you've fabricated in your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • bb_gun
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.