Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if Kevvie controls the interchange now, and Turpin is shit and should play less minutes, shouldn't the blame be on Kevvie for not interchanging him? Or is that somehow also Turpins fault? You think all of a sudden with Turpin gone, that will magically make Kevvie smarter with his interchange? It's such a dumb argument.

Because the blame on Turpin in a loss where we concede almost 40points and he made 35 tackles in 50mins without missing any, the solution is to bring in a bloke like Paix who ran the ball twice in ISC on the weekend.

Talk that Kevvie played Jake too long is at odds with reality. Here are the minutes played by starting hookers last week:

83 Reed Mahoney
80 Damien Cook
77 Brandon Smith
75 Wade Egan
74 Blake Brayley
66 Lachlan Croker
66 Jeremy Marshal-King
65 Apisai Korosaiu
62 Moses MBye
60 Chris Randall
59 Reece Robson
57 Connor Watson
55 Tom Starling
55 Erin Clark
50 Jake Turpin <<<<-----
48 Jacob Liddle

Talk that Kevvie played Jake too long is at odds with reality. Here are the minutes played by starting hookers last week:

83 Reed Mahoney
80 Damien Cook
77 Brandon Smith
75 Wade Egan
74 Blake Brayley
66 Lachlan Croker
66 Jeremy Marshal-King
65 Apisai Korosaiu
62 Moses MBye
60 Chris Randall
59 Reece Robson
57 Connor Watson
55 Tom Starling
55 Erin Clark
50 Jake Turpin <<<<-----
48 Jacob Liddle
I’m not saying Jake played too long for an NRL hooker, I’m saying he played longer than he should because he ruins our attack. I’d have no issues if Kev played Damien Cook for 80 minutes or Api Korosaiu for 65 minutes.

I’m not saying Jake played too long for an NRL hooker, I’m saying he played longer than he should because he ruins our attack. I’d have no issues if Kev played Damien Cook for 80 minutes or Api Korosaiu for 65 minutes.
Well that's a separate subject. The consensus here seems to be Jake should've got zero minutes.

Well that's a separate subject. The consensus here seems to be Jake should've got zero minutes.
I’ve got no issue for him being picked at the moment. I have an issue with him remaining on the field so long rather than an attacking alternative to come on once the initial energy dies down in the start of the game. I’d rather something along the lines of 20-25 minutes in the beginning and then come back on toward the end if we are defending a lead.

I’ve got no issue for him being picked at the moment. I have an issue with him remaining on the field so long rather than an attacking alternative to come on once the initial energy dies down in the start of the game. I’d rather something along the lines of 20-25 minutes in the beginning and then come back on toward the end if we are defending a lead.
Who starts with a hooker who can only play 20 minutes, and would waste an interchange bringing him back on later? The most compelling reason to play Jake at all is his high level of endurance. I think he's fitter than Paix.

Who starts with a hooker who can only play 20 minutes, and would waste an interchange bringing him back on later? The most compelling reason to play Jake at all is his high level of endurance. I think he's fitter than Paix.
Well he better learn to play lock quick.

83 Reed Mahoney
80 Damien Cook
77 Brandon Smith
75 Wade Egan
74 Blake Brayley
66 Lachlan Croker
66 Jeremy Marshal-King
65 Apisai Korosaiu
62 Moses MBye
60 Chris Randall
59 Reece Robson
57 Connor Watson
55 Tom Starling
55 Erin Clark
50 Jake Turpin <<<<-----
48 Jacob Liddle
I'm not saying that he played too many minutes, I was arguing about people saying Kevvie will all of a sudden become smart with his interchanges when Turpin is removed from the equation, it makes no sense.

I've said for ages Turpin should play first 30mins and bring on someone for impact last 10mins of the half, then look to get Turpin back on later at 9 or 13. I think 50mins is the right amount of time for Jake, but why did he play 50 straight then sat the rest of the game?

I'm not saying that he played too many minutes, I was arguing about people saying Kevvie will all of a sudden become smart with his interchanges when Turpin is removed from the equation, it makes no sense.

I've said for ages Turpin should play first 30mins and bring on someone for impact last 10mins of the half, then look to get Turpin back on later at 9 or 13. I think 50mins is the right amount of time for Jake, but why did he play 50 straight then sat the rest of the game?
The same reason every other hooker did except all but one played more minutes.

I'm not comparing him to other hookers. I'm talking about him individually. Or should we just use a player the same way other clubs do for the sake of it, or should we play him that best suits our side?

I'm not comparing him to other hookers. I'm talking about him individually. Or should we just use a player the same way other clubs do for the sake of it, or should we play him that best suits our side?
Maybe it's best you do compare him to other hookers.

Turpin is known as a longer minute player but Walters will have to change that up if he were to choose a different hooker rotation as the other two aren't. It's not only Turpin's fault and nobody is saying his minutes are on him. Walters gets plenty of criticism on this website, so I have absolutely no idea who the **** you're actually arguing with here.

Nobody is blaming Turpin for the loss either, and a hooker should do more than just tackle and run. The lack of ability to pass off the ground and give our halves actual space is a huge issue. One that you seem to be avoiding in your attempts to argue with shit that nobody is saying.

Plus, the solution is to have a rotation of two hookers who will share the workload, plus having other players in the team take on the defensive workload. Not any of the bullshit you've fabricated in the dumb arguments you've fabricated in your head.
Turpin is known as a longer minute player? It's been well discussed on here how gassed Turpin looks and he struggles with it. Yeah he gets through the minutes, but unless we have an 80min option at 9, he shouldn't need to.

A lot of solutions from everyone is to drop Turpin, I'm not saying he is a great hooker, but we simply don't have any better options in our squad and changing for the sake of it is moronic. A majority of the arguments have been Paix should come in because he has a way better running game, but apparently he spent 80mins on the field in ISC and ran the ball twice?

What have I fabricated exactly? I appreciate the long winded post, but you really haven't said anything.

Maybe it's best you do compare him to other hookers.
If we are going to do a rankings system on 1-16 hookers in the comp, sure thing.

If we are going to discuss what's best for the Broncos, what's the point of discussing other clubs players?

Turpin is known as a longer minute player? It's been well discussed on here how gassed Turpin looks and he struggles with it. Yeah he gets through the minutes, but unless we have an 80min option at 9, he shouldn't need to.

A lot of solutions from everyone is to drop Turpin, I'm not saying he is a great hooker, but we simply don't have any better options in our squad and changing for the sake of it is moronic. A majority of the arguments have been Paix should come in because he has a way better running game, but apparently he spent 80mins on the field in ISC and ran the ball twice?

What have I fabricated exactly? I appreciate the long winded post, but you really haven't said anything.

As i've said before, Turpin's biggest issue has always been how he plays the game. Even at Redcliffe he was never capable of playing big minutes without it affecting his form and was always used in tandem with Hugh Pratt. I must admit i've never seen him as an 80 min hooker.

If we are going to do a rankings system on 1-16 hookers in the comp, sure thing.

If we are going to discuss what's best for the Broncos, what's the point of discussing other clubs players?
I tend to agree. If looking at the list of NRL hookers then Turpin would be 15th or 16th but at the Broncos he is (unfortunately) no. 1.

I have not seen much of Paix other than his stints in the first grade side but i am getting deja vu with the Macca/Turpin situation. Most were just happy to see the removal of Macca (rightly so imo) but over time Turpin has proven to not really be much better or at least the long term solution vs. his peers at other clubs.

From the reviews from @1910 and others like @Wolfie who watch lower grades i'm not feeling that Paix will offer much more and in a few months times we will be seeing posts about how shit he is and why isn't Blake Mozer in the side.

Paix also isn’t an 80 minute hooker. Not even close, which is maybe why he wasn’t running because he knew he’d struggle to last the 80. It should just be Jake for 50 minutes over 2 stints and Paix sandwiched in the middle. If not Paix yet than the same goes for Billy.

Even if neither run; Paix has far better service

When one looks at the team's points for on the ladder, well, that says it all to me about our hooker. He's bloody hopeless in attack. We are in 8th spot and 4th last in points for. Somehow I can't see us being in 8th spot at the end while being 4th last in points for.

This is on the club. Imagine if any of the top hookers were in our side - for mine, an instant 20 points boost. We will go nowhere with Turpin in this side, against the better teams.

You’re saying all of those hookers played those minutes in 1 stint then sat out the remainder of the game?

I'm all for Turpin starting the game (he just needs to work on his service) but it's hard to say when he should be replaced for the 'attacking' 9, all comes down to the game if we're winning possession and field position yeah 30 minutes is a good time but if we're camped down own our end and not the team on top no point bringing in a bloke who you want to bring some impact with his attacking. You want him on when we're the team on top and Turps can be the bloke to do the dirty work.
Another thing is the other bench forwards if guys like Ryan James are coming on and not making a big impact with their runs you can't have a 9 running off the back of that.. they want to be running after a Payne Haas run. Flegler will add some impact off the bench now though.
getting the right rotation is a bit of a head fck because there are so many factors to take into consideration to get the formula right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.