Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
when was the last time there was only 20k at Suncorp (when the Broncos were playing and there was no crowd restrictions)
I’m not sure but we probably lost

We missed a trick signing the new sharks coach, love the way they play.

how long was he at the roosters for?
Tonight's game was the first time I've seen them other than the dogs trial game and I'm thinking they're a top 4 team this year.

They just look so smooth with the ball in hand and I dont recall any player receiving it flat footed... it's like they've become a locked in clinical team in one off season.

Fitzgibbon is legit.

It makes me think a coach like O'Brien probably isn't... knights have had better squads than what sharks have now and yet they still look clunky and trying to play on emotion... whereas sharks just ram it through the middle like they've become storm / roosters overnight

Vision:
tonight show GIF

Tonight's game was the first time I've seen them other than the dogs trial game and I'm thinking they're a top 4 team this year.

They just look so smooth with the ball in hand and I dont recall any player receiving it flat footed... it's like they've become a locked in clinical team in one off season.

Fitzgibbon is legit.

It makes me think a coach like O'Brien probably isn't... knights have had better squads than what sharks have now and yet they still look clunky and trying to play on emotion... whereas sharks just ram it through the middle like they've become storm / roosters overnight
Not to mention the only time when ponga has looked really good was when he’s playing for QLD. Outsides if origins he looks horrible (price) wise.

he might have a highlight real try here and there but let’s be honest. He’s never been consistent. Outside of origin (when he’s fit.

Fitzgibbon is legit.

I'm hoping we have someone like Ciraldo lined up. I like Kevin but I really don't think be has more than a year or two in the coaching arena, and Ciraldo has no path to head coach at Penrith.

I'm hoping we have someone like Ciraldo lined up. I like Kevin but I really don't think be has more than a year or two in the coaching arena, and Ciraldo has no path to head coach at Penrith.
I was a little jealous of the sharks tonight... they've gone from a border line top 8 team to legit clinical team in the space of an off season... and I think fuuuuuck I wish broncos played like this.

But then I think our squad is probably too stupid to know how to play like that... or too unfit... or both

I think we can go for a technical type coach after Kevvie has done his run and got the squad as far as he can get it... at that point the squad will be looking for more than just emotion and mental attitude to get them through a game, and hopefully at that point they will be willing and smart enough to embrace a tactical type coach.

I would prefer if we had a tactical coach on the staff as an assistant right now... Kevvie can act as the player manager, father figure, whatever... that keeps the squad morale high, whilst the tactical coach (like a Neil Henry) implements game plans and structures so the squad actually knows how to play the game like the current good squads do.

Neil Henry works for me in that role, because he's respected by qld'ers for what he did during origin (numerous times)... a guy like Ciraldo probably doesn't garner automatic respect within a qld squad, in his prime as a footballer he was basically a supercoach stat padder.

I know a footballers career on the field means jack shit when it comes to their coaching ability, but this squad has shown a total disregard to who their coach is, if they don't respect them.... that's a massive issue

Panthers defence is elite, but it requires seemingly infinite stamina (we're not fit) and mental fortitude... the squad would probably throw it in the too hard basket and win wooden spoons until he's punted back to Sydney.

I was a little jealous of the sharks tonight... they've gone from a border line top 8 team to legit clinical team in the space of an off season... and I think fuuuuuck I wish broncos played like this.

But then I think our squad is probably too stupid to know how to play like that... or too unfit... or both

I think we can go for a technical type coach after Kevvie has done his run and got the squad as far as he can get it... at that point the squad will be looking for more than just emotion and mental attitude to get them through a game, and hopefully at that point they will be willing and smart enough to embrace a tactical type coach.

I would prefer if we had a tactical coach on the staff as an assistant right now... Kevvie can act as the player manager, father figure, whatever... that keeps the squad morale high, whilst the tactical coach (like a Neil Henry) implements game plans and structures so the squad actually knows how to play the game like the current good squads do.

Neil Henry works for me in that role, because he's respected by qld'ers for what he did during origin (numerous times)... a guy like Ciraldo probably doesn't garner automatic respect within a qld squad, in his prime as a footballer he was basically a supercoach stat padder.

I know a footballers career on the field means jack shit when it comes to their coaching ability, but this squad has shown a total disregard to who their coach is, if they don't respect them.... that's a massive issue

Panthers defence is elite, but it requires seemingly infinite stamina (we're not fit) and mental fortitude... the squad would probably throw it in the too hard basket and win wooden spoons until he's punted back to Sydney.
why can't you just bring in tactical assistants now instead of waiting for Kevvie to do his time? you bring those people in now , not wait for the team to drown and then if needed you just transition instead rebuild.

Panthers have been building for years , they didn't just all of a sudden become the finished product.

Fitzgibbon is legit.

Amazing it took them one off season to work out a system and have players buy into it. We seem to be on a 10 year plan.

The Sharks started as a borderline top 8 team ... Fitzgibbon made a few tweaks and added a performance part or two and he was right to go

when Kevvie arrived, we started as a wooden spoon team that couldn't even located the border even with google maps. instead of just making a few tweaks, Kevvie had to rebuild the whole damn engine. he also bought us a shinny new steering wheel

the other thing is that some people seem to think is that the Panthers started playing the way they are overnight. they didn't ... in fact what they did to rebuild is the path we're taking (we just have a bit further to travel, thanks again Seibold).

the Panthers moved on some of their higher paid stars that either weren't living up to their big pay cheques or were bad for the teams culture. they brought in they brought in a couple of premiership winners to help steady the ship and allow their talented youth to develop properly.

sound familiar. the one big difference is their talented youth have been able to all develop in one team, playing a style that the Panthers wanted them to play. our talented youth are split among at least 3 different teams, playing probably 3 different styles of footy.

the other big difference is I don't think our fan base has the patience for this route, because it can take time

The Sharks started as a borderline top 8 team ... Fitzgibbon made a few tweaks and added a performance part or two and he was right to go

when Kevvie arrived, we started as a wooden spoon team that couldn't even located the border even with google maps. instead of just making a few tweaks, Kevvie had to rebuild the whole damn engine. he also bought us a shinny new steering wheel

the other thing is that some people seem to think is that the Panthers started playing the way they are overnight. they didn't ... in fact what they did to rebuild is the path we're taking (we just have a bit further to travel, thanks again Seibold).

the Panthers moved on some of their higher paid stars that either weren't living up to their big pay cheques or were bad for the teams culture. they brought in they brought in a couple of premiership winners to help steady the ship and allow their talented youth to develop properly.

sound familiar. the one big difference is their talented youth have been able to all develop in one team, playing a style that the Panthers wanted them to play. our talented youth are split among at least 3 different teams, playing probably 3 different styles of footy.

the other big difference is I don't think our fan base has the patience for this route, because it can take time
Yes i do think having your spine playing together in the lower grades is a must. Not only does it build combinations it cements that special bond a group needs to fight for each other when the going gets tough.

At present our team 'plays' like they have never been introduced to each other.

Ciraldo is highly respected by players. Players don’t care that much about state of origin and half the squad aren’t even Queenslanders. What players do care about is winning and Ciraldo has been a huge part of the Panthers success, he is also very well liked by players.

Fitzgibbon is legit.

There is something in getting defence coaches- Fitzgibbon, Bellamy and Robinson were all defence coaches first.

Cameron Ciraldo was defence coach and did well in his time as head coach- Cup, NRL and NYC. His contract ends this year too.

Where O'Brien was in charge of attack at Storm.

Not to mention the only time when ponga has looked really good was when he’s playing for QLD. Outsides if origins he looks horrible (price) wise.

he might have a highlight real try here and there but let’s be honest. He’s never been consistent. Outside of origin (when he’s fit.

He tore us apart for the Cows in that final. I’ve never been so petrified of a player getting the ball, he absolutely owned us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Rambstien
  • mieko
  • Gaz
  • johnny plath
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.