Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fullback that actually tries hard and can actually set up a try > hooker > ………..> any other position we can get some depth in.

We have a decent team across the park on paper really. Our spine apart from Reynolds is big ordinary. Get a decent fullback and hooker and we go up a gear in class if you ask me

A fullback that actually tries hard and can actually set up a try > hooker > ………..> any other position we can get some depth in.

We have a decent team across the park on paper really. Our spine apart from Reynolds is big ordinary. Get a decent fullback and hooker and we go up a gear in class if you ask me
Yep, too many ordinary players in key positions

If Bennett lands Ponga and Walsh, he's building a pretty decent spine. But if Isaako signed because he was promised fullback that throws Walsh back in our favour. So realistically, this is how his spine will look:

1. Isaako
6. Ponga
7. Gamble
9. Turpin
14. Harrison

Where is your God now, Wayne Bennett?

Yep, too many ordinary players in key positions
Just reading the current article about Wayne and the Phins and he is probably spot on with what he said in the Courier Mail.

“I just want a group of men that are always doing their best for the club,” he said.

“There was a general in the first world war who said, ‘I would rather go to war with 100 men who will fight to the death than 1000 who won’t’.

“That’s my philosophy as a coach. Some guys may not have as much ability but if they compete and always give their best, you give yourself a chance."

Even just solid, ordinary can achieve things as long as they are willing to compete and do the little things. Webcke said something similar in that interview the other day.

" I worked out that if i was willing to work harder when other people wouldnt, then i could win "

Still not convinced we have enough of that attitude around the place.

If Bennett lands Ponga and Walsh, he's building a pretty decent spine. But if Isaako signed because he was promised fullback that throws Walsh back in our favour. So realistically, this is how his spine will look:

1. Isaako
6. Ponga
7. Gamble
9. Turpin
14. Harrison

Where is your God now, Wayne Bennett?
1. Pongq
6. Milord
7. OSullivan
9: Turpin

1. Pongq
6. Milord
7. OSullivan
9: Turpin
Oh yeah, I completely forgot he'll sign Milford as soon as he gets off his assault charges. Maybe he won't even need Gamble. Turpin's gone though I reckon.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot he'll sign Milford as soon as he gets off his assault charges. Maybe he won't even need Gamble. Turpin's gone though I reckon.

He would be gone if he didnt have a player option.

So you're saying the club would have definitely moved him on?

Yep. 100% sure of it. And its a shame because i really like Jake, but i think the Broncos just arent that concerned about if he stayed or went. Up to Jake really now to step up and force their hand.

Yep. 100% sure of it. And its a shame because i really like Jake, but i think the Broncos just arent that concerned about if he stayed or went. Up to Jake really now to step up and force their hand.
I think he has, just perhaps not in the way he hoped he’d force their hand.

I did it last week but my 4 top fullback options would be:
- CNK (force their hand put pressure on both cnk and Savage)
- Drinkwater
- Jai Field (killing it in England)
- Sunia Turuva

I personally want to give Paix an extended run at the 9… just need someone else to back him up from next year forwards. I also agree that Taylan May would be a killer pick up for the left wing.

I did it last week but my 4 top fullback options would be:
- CNK (force their hand put pressure on both cnk and Savage)
- Drinkwater
- Jai Field (killing it in England)
- Sunia Turuva
What about Taaffe? he must know he won't start ahead of Latrell, and looks like he's behind Ilias at 7 as well

Surely raiders can’t keep savage and cnk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Big Del
  • RolledOates
  • Redfern_1980
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • johnny plath
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
  • jarro65
  • FACTHUNT
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.