Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it a sad indictment of where we have got two, that in the key positions we do not even have one servicable option for hooker, fullback or 5/8th and some clubs have 2 or 3 in those key positions.

Isn't it a sad indictment of where we have got two, that in the key positions we do not even have one servicable option for hooker, fullback or 5/8th and some clubs have 2 or 3 in those key positions.
We had enough fullbacks that we were able to let one go to the Warriors and donate one to the Titans.

We had enough fullbacks that we were able to let one go to the Warriors and donate one to the Titans.
You have either entirely missed my point or you are agreeing with me.

Which of those 3 is an NRL standard fullback?

I did it last week but my 4 top fullback options would be:
- CNK (force their hand put pressure on both cnk and Savage)
- Drinkwater
- Jai Field (killing it in England)
- Sunia Turuva

I personally want to give Paix an extended run at the 9… just need someone else to back him up from next year forwards. I also agree that Taylan May would be a killer pick up for the left wing.
This may be a pipe dream but I’d put RTS at the top of our list. Even above Ponga and Walsh.

Not sure the logistics of it but I’d happily give Roge a million a year to join our spine for 3 seasons.

This may be a pipe dream but I’d put RTS at the top of our list. Even above Ponga and Walsh.

Not sure the logistics of it but I’d happily give Roge a million a year to join our spine for 3 seasons.
Can't see it happening but absolutely. RTS is a champion.

Might be an unpopular opinion but i think we need to he prepared to let Cobbo walk IF the dolphins are willing to pay top dollar for him. He seems like a good kid but at this stage, without knowing his ceiling and how green he still is we just can't afford to pay top dollar for him in the hope he's our saviour.

I'd be offering the warrior's Arthur's and if we cant keep Cobbo for for less then 300k let him go and throw what we can at getting Walsh back. At least we know he's ready and capable.

We just can't afford to splash the reported 700k other clubs would be "willing" to pay cobbo purely on ifs, buts, and maybe's. Unless he improves out of sight very soon 300k is all i'd be offering.

Might be an unpopular opinion but i think we need to he prepared to let Cobbo walk IF the dolphins are willing to pay top dollar for him. He seems like a good kid but at this stage, without knowing his ceiling and how green he still is we just can't afford to pay top dollar for him in the hope he's our saviour.

I'd be offering the warrior's Arthur's and if we cant keep Cobbo for for less then 300k let him go and throw what we can at getting Walsh back. At least we know he's ready and capable.

We just can't afford to splash the reported 700k other clubs would be "willing" to pay cobbo purely on ifs, buts, and maybe's. Unless he improves out of sight very soon 300k is all i'd be offering.
No club is offering cobbo 700k. That's journo bs.

I wouldn't be offering an extension at all, hold talks until later in the year until he can prove he isn't butter fingers.

No club is offering cobbo 700k. That's journo bs.

I wouldn't be offering an extension at all, hold talks until later in the year until he can prove he isn't butter fingers.
Probably 700k over two seasons... the same thing happened with Flegler media was reporting 600k deals, but it was 600k total across multiple years

Just reading the current article about Wayne and the Phins and he is probably spot on with what he said in the Courier Mail.

“I just want a group of men that are always doing their best for the club,” he said.

“There was a general in the first world war who said, ‘I would rather go to war with 100 men who will fight to the death than 1000 who won’t’.

“That’s my philosophy as a coach. Some guys may not have as much ability but if they compete and always give their best, you give yourself a chance."

Even just solid, ordinary can achieve things as long as they are willing to compete and do the little things. Webcke said something similar in that interview the other day.

" I worked out that if i was willing to work harder when other people wouldnt, then i could win "

Still not convinced we have enough of that attitude around the place.
Interesting quotes from Bennett, particularly the bold.

If you look at it the other way, as The Dolphins have not signed any ‘superstars’ yet, I wonder if the blokes who have already signed (I’m looking at you Jamayne ‘Josh Hoffman’ Isaako) realise that their 2023 coach thinks they don’t have as much ability as others.

They are rugby league players though, so I doubt they’ve given it any real thought.

I did it last week but my 4 top fullback options would be:
- CNK (force their hand put pressure on both cnk and Savage)
- Drinkwater
- Jai Field (killing it in England)
- Sunia Turuva

I personally want to give Paix an extended run at the 9… just need someone else to back him up from next year forwards. I also agree that Taylan May would be a killer pick up for the left wing.

I too have been really impressed with Field, absolute energy bunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • porouian
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Cobra Kai
  • leish107
  • Howie
  • davidp
  • Reds2011
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.