Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
After seeing how average our team has made Reynolds look I think a lot of us were harsh on Milf.

i don't ... if anything we were too easy on him for too long

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
How about this for blue skying an idea:

1. Milf
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
9. Paix

14. Walters

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
How about this for blue skying an idea:

1. Milf
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
9. Paix

14. Walters

In theory, not bad.

although, in practice, terrible. Milford has shown he doesn't have the work ethic, determination or attitude to move back to fullback

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Milford on a 12 month deal at bottom dollar would be very low risk. He's still better than every other 6 option at the club but i'd still be inclined to steer clear of him. He's had his time here.
Mam over Milford any day

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Mam needs another year or two at least, Milford for minimum dollar while MAM gets ready isn't a bad idea.
Sorry, I edited my post to say that I'd also prefer Walters ahead of Milford. It just feels nicer not carrying Milford in our squad.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Has anyone here considered the fact that Staggs played backrow when he was younger? I wonder how he'd go there these days at NRL level. He may need a pre-season to prepare for it though.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Has anyone here considered the fact that Staggs played backrow when he was younger? I wonder how he'd go there these days at NRL level. He may need a pre-season to prepare for it though.

Yes it has been considered on here and it would be a way (eventually, not now) to fit all of Herbie, Cobbs and Mariner in the backs, especially if Herbie can make a fist of fullback...or even gets the chance.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Yes it has been considered on here and it would be a way (eventually, not now) to fit all of Herbie, Cobbs and Mariner in the backs, especially if Herbie can make a fist of fullback...or even gets the chance.
I like it. He would get the ball much more and could provide some Fifita-like impact. He wouldn't have to worry so much about passing the ball.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Mam over Milford any day

Based on what? He's just another unproven kid who isnt even dominating in Queensland Cup. I recall you saying exactly the same thing about Tesi a few years ago and look at him. He is miles out of his depth. Not one of our promising kids is anywhere near ready in any position.

I dont disagree either about Milf, i think he has had his time here, but Walters isnt good enough, Kelly is crocked, Mam isnt anywhere near ready. Gamble is about the only realistic option we have due to how he plays the game, but he's scraping the barrel. He's competitive but lacks quality in the position he plays. Milf makes sense on a rock bottom deal for the rest of 2022, but i'm not convinced it would be the right thing to do.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Based on what? He's just another unproven kid who isnt even dominating in Queensland Cup. I recall you saying exactly the same thing about Tesi a few years ago and look at him. He is miles out of his depth. Not one of our promising kids is anywhere near ready in any position.

I dont disagree either about Milf, i think he has had his time here, but Walters isnt good enough, Kelly is crocked, Mam isnt anywhere near ready. Gamble is about the only realistic option we have due to how he plays the game, but he's scraping the barrel. He's competitive but lacks quality in the position he plays. Milf makes sense on a rock bottom deal for the rest of 2022, but i'm not convinced it would be the right thing to do.
Ummm yeah, I don't really blame Tesi too much for his form in NRL so far.. He has shown he has talent but he got thrown into one of the worst side in the competition. I think he should go to another club like Sharks and play centre or something. He'd do well at a strong, organised club. Maybe he can just go join Coates at Storm. There are options for him.. I'm not sure he has a future at Broncos though with the young guys we have coming through that we need to hold onto.

Mate, Mam won't get overwhelmed by NRL footy.. I don't need to say why. Milford still to this day looks like he wants to crawl up into the fetal position in the middle of the field.

I'm not saying Mam should play right now, I'm saying I'd prefer him over Milford..

I think you are underrating Billy Walters by saying Gamble is the only other option.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
We dont need Milford. Would rather take a punt on Mamm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Aldo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • leon.bott
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • Fitzy
  • Fatboy
  • Harry Sack
  • john1420
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.